PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel question

LUCKYSTATTOOS
07-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Im trying to find out what you guys think on flywheel weight, running 500hp small block which runs in the 8000rpm range. Boat is driving of the snout.
thanks
Lucky

MAXIMUS
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I have had excellent luck with just a standard aluminum flywheel... Don't like steel flex plates as they seem to be less friendly on starters (not as true & tend to deflect).:)

gn7
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
I have had excellent luck with just a standard aluminum flywheel... Don't like steel flex plates as they seem to be less friendly on starters (not as true & tend to deflect).:)
and they don't polish up nearly as nice:D

LUCKYSTATTOOS
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
No one has any reccomendations?

Fiat48
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM
What Maximus said.

BDMar
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh really???:rolleyes: Take an hour or so and look through your stable of boats and tell me which one has a SBC turning 8000?? Now if he asked you which was the hot and which was the cold on a hot water heater you could probably give him more of an educated answer...:D :D

lilrick
07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh really???:rolleyes: Take an hour or so and look through your stable of boats and tell me which one has a SBC turning 8000?? Now if he asked you which was the hot and which was the cold on a hot water heater you could probably give him more of an educated answer...:D :D
Or stable of men.... he may answer ...which end of a man he prefers ...Maxi seems to know men inside and out! He's DOWN with the BROWN if you know what I mean.........