PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure sending unit

DSW
07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
On my 07' Calabria the oil pressure gauge keeps on going from 60psi to 0 psi when at idle. I checked the oil and it was full. Is it maybe the sending unit or the gauge? Anybody have any ideas?

RiverDave
07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I have an extra oil pressure sending unit that I bought on accident awhile back (thought I needed one, but had already ordered 1 kinda deal) sitting in my garage that I'll sell to you for 1/2 price if ya want it.
RD

trawfish
07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
On my 07' Calabria the oil pressure gauge keeps on going from 60psi to 0 psi when at idle. I checked the oil and it was full. Is it maybe the sending unit or the gauge? Anybody have any ideas?
I've got one left over from a supercharger install I'll give ya! It's a VDO type sender Part #360-410... it's an 80 psI sending unit, single station-floating ground with 1/8" npt.
I'll be in Havi Friday afternoon at Queensbay if you want it.
Oh... It will actually cost you a beer!!!!

Insurance God
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM
The amount of oil has nothing to do with oil pressure. It is either your sending unit, oil pump or gauge. I would guess sending unit.

gmocnik
07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
The amount of oil has nothing to do with oil pressure. It is either your sending unit, oil pump or gauge. I would guess sending unit.
usually a correct statement, however, from personal experience, if you overfill a pan, the oil hits the rotating assembly and whips up the oil. this can cause the pump to suck up oil with lots of air in it and cause oil pressure issues. even at idle i saw the gauge jump around...
most likely the sender in this case though....
gm

Big Kahunaa
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
gorund the wire from the sender and if the gauge maxes out it the sender or internal problem