PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Castaic regulars

Big Inch
07-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Does Castaic PD still hold a grudge against HTM owners or are they over it? Haven't been there in a while but I am supposed to take the boat there this Friday morning for a lake test with the new motor and myself and the boat shop owners are a little concerned because 1. the boat is an Htm and 2. according to them it is sick loud. Hoping it won't be too big of a deal on a midweek morning but I would also like to take it up there on weekends when we are in town. :)

RitcheyRch
07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
See a few HTM's out on the lake every Sunday.

Rev. Williams
07-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Does Castaic PD still hold a grudge against HTM owners or are they over it? Haven't been there in a while but I am supposed to take the boat there this Friday morning for a lake test with the new motor and myself and the boat shop owners are a little concerned because 1. the boat is an Htm and 2. according to them it is sick loud. Hoping it won't be too big of a deal on a midweek morning but I would also like to take it up there on weekends when we are in town. :)
There is no issue with HTM. As for the noise, just keep the exhaust pointed away from the docks and your fine.
Just keep in mind that the LEO's are there, but not everywhere! So when you run/test just do a pre-pass to look around, then make your runs.

Mr. C
07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
We usually stay out until about 7:30 and it seems most of the time the LE is trailering the boat about 6 ish, don't hold me to that though. As said before take a look around first.

eliminatedsprinter
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't go there for speed runs. I've never had any problems with LE at Piru or Pyramid.

BIGAMIST
07-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't go there for speed runs. I've never had any problems with LE at Piru or Pyramid.
Steve, He said speed runs :D .....but I would still take eliminatedsprinter's advise & not go to Castaic, F Castaic, the place sucks, :D
If I were you I'd go play in the algae & dirty diapers @ Piru or Pyramid.:D

Rev. Williams
07-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Steve, He said speed runs :D .....but I would still take eliminatedsprinter's advise & not go to Castaic, F Castaic, the place sucks, :D
If I were you I'd go play in the algae & dirty diapers @ Piru or Pyramid.:D
Oh ya, CASTAIC SUCKS !!! But if you have a boat load of hot woman and you're willing to share... Then come on down !! :D

plaster dave
07-19-2007, 04:09 PM
They don't mess with at all. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_0176.JPG

Big Inch
07-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh ya, CASTAIC SUCKS !!! But if you have a boat load of hot woman and you're willing to share... Then come on down !! :D
Well tomorrow it will be just the 3 of us. Myself and the two mechanics that built the motor but lucky for you they are female. One looks pretty good in a bathing suit.
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/thumbnails/2/BBmodel.jpg
The other is not quite as hot but still looks decent in a G.
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/thumbnails/2/7uggies.jpg

FOREVER2DOXIES
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
speed runs!? i didnt thinnk any California lake allowed limit of more than 35 mph legally. good luck there. yea...castaic is HORRIBLE. stay away on weekends :D

bead
07-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Well tomorrow it will be just the 3 of us. Myself and the two mechanics that built the motor but lucky for you they are female. One looks pretty good in a bathing suit.
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/thumbnails/2/BBmodel.jpg
The other is not quite as hot but still looks decent in a G.
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/thumbnails/2/7uggies.jpg
hey i saw you today driving down LA blvd , nice looking boat.

Fastlane
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I saw the boat at that Alliance station on L.A. & First that sells the Race Fuel at the Pump, 100 octane. They also have other octanes in 5 gallon pails. Its a great looking boat. Can't wait to hear it run.

Fastlane
07-19-2007, 08:39 PM
They don't mess with at all. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_0176.JPG
Its because you have the big Trick Stickers. Those stickers will get you out of tickets on and off the water. Everyone should run them!:rollside:

Big Inch
07-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Did you happen to notice that car driving down LA with the gas pump still attached to the side of his car and the pissed off gas station employees running after them?

bead
07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
it wasnt your tahoe ,was it :D

Big Inch
07-19-2007, 09:52 PM
it wasnt your tahoe ,was it :D
Hehe no it wasn't my car but I know who's gas pump it was :D

Just Electric
07-20-2007, 12:38 PM
yeah but i hear the guy that owns that station is a little wierd

Fastlane
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I here the station has the coldest beer in town.

Just Electric
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
that is true

Trailer Park Casanova
07-20-2007, 06:00 PM
It's all changed.
They're tough on everyone.
We were the only boat on the West leg, the wind blew us outta the ski zone.
As we were pulling the skier back into the boat to get re-positioned for a legal start, they mounted up and were on us in minutes.
We didn't ski in the no zone, the wind blew us into it, motor off, skier in water.
They told us when we put the boat back on the trailer, we'd be giving a ticket.
No one ever showed to write one.
I never give the LEOS shit, so perhaps they were just fuxing with my head.
Don't have an open container in Elizabeth Canyon, or be swimming, no body contact other than skiing/tubing.
They come down the DWP access rd & out of the bushes and write everyone.
Also seems the speed limit is being strictly enforced.
Nice place to wakeboard and not worry about a PWC running up me kilt.
Great place on week-days.
The Castaic Ski club is a closed Clique. Outsiders need not apply is the impression we got.
They don't want anymore people using their rope'd off area.