PDA

View Full Version : paging BOCCO or FAMILYCAT

Eliminator 4 Life
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Can you guys give me some of the info of the DP poker run the first weekend in Aug. Do you have to pre register and with who. Thanks

Familycat
07-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I heard it was Aug. 11, 2007. Don't have too many details but we plan to attend.
Rick

Sleeper
07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Rob, you can register the morning of the run. The run is usually started and finished from a cove called "Mud Hole" and the people setting it up this year are from the houseboat "Patriote".
Was nice to you out running the lake this last weekend, did they kick youi out of the waterfall area? LOL

Mrs. Restless22
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Can you guys give me some of the info of the DP poker run the first weekend in Aug. Do you have to pre register and with who. Thanks
How are you going to tow the boat there?
*cough*broken truck*cough*
HAHAHAHA :D

Eliminator 4 Life
07-19-2007, 04:48 PM
How are you going to tow the boat there?
*cough*broken truck*cough*
HAHAHAHA :D
OH you SD = shit disturber.. Atleast I got a boat and not some rubber floaties for my arms haha:D

Eliminator 4 Life
07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Rob, you can register the morning of the run. The run is usually started and finished from a cove called "Mud Hole" and the people setting it up this year are from the houseboat "Patriote".
Was nice to you out running the lake this last weekend, did they kick youi out of the waterfall area? LOL
It was good seeing you to Mike the boat looks really nice maybe you can take me for a ride in it but no cameras haha. So what are the dates do you know? I heard aug 3,4...

Eliminator 4 Life
07-21-2007, 05:52 PM
As you get get info on this can you please keep me up todate. Thanks

Sleeper
07-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Rob, The Poker Run is August 11th. Confirmed!!!

Eliminator 4 Life
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Rob, The Poker Run is August 11th. Confirmed!!!
Bocco said it was the 4 and 5th

Sleeper
07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
The Poker Run is a one day event, really 1/2 day starts about 10 or 11 and goes to about 4. This year it is on Saturday (always on a Sat) the 11th of August, the people in charge are on the houseboat "Patriot" and email address is - drealancaster@yahoo.com.
See you at the lake.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-23-2007, 11:38 AM
The Poker Run is a one day event, really 1/2 day starts about 10 or 11 and goes to about 4. This year it is on Saturday (always on a Sat) the 11th of August, the people in charge are on the houseboat "Patriot" and email address is - drealancaster@yahoo.com.
See you at the lake.
Thanks Mike see you on sunday if you are around

bocco
07-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Rob,
Mike is right on all counts. We will be there but I can't tell you where our boat will be.
Gary

Sleeper
07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Rob, FYI
Poker Run and Chili Cook-off
Date: Saturday August 11, 2007
Time: All Day
Author: reggie2dog
Type: Net Event
Reminder: There are reminders set for 7 days and 14 days before this event.
Reminder - Aug. 11 at noon, mudhole - Poker Run and Chili Cook-off. Need to register early for Chili Cook off, also if anyone is interested in helping organize the Chili Cook-off on Aug. 11 to please contact me. We still need some spots (3 to be exact), again contact me kellymckinley@earthlink (I am keeping my old email until after the poker run since most of the people already know it).
We are taking pre-orders for t-shirts and tank tops, let us know if you are interested. We are offering both male and female tanks this year as well as the t-shirts. Make sure you get a shirt, order early so you don't run the risk of us running out!!!
kellymckinley@earthlink
or
harvey.drea@sbcglobal.net

The Patriot
07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
We are hosting the 2007 Poker Run at Lake Don Pedro Aug. 11. Anybody and everybody are welcome!! Come join us, it is a lot of fun. Registration starts the morning of Aug. 11. in "Mud Hole" also known as Little Oak/Big Oak Island. You may want to get a map of the lake...the game begins at noon. Cost is $10 per hand, no limit. T-shirts/tank tops are also available. Hope to see you all there.
The Patriot

bocco
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I would say a map is an absolute necesity if you are going to do this run. Make sure it has the names of all of the coves and creeks.
Most poker runs go from bar to bar to collect your poker hand. Since Lake Don Pedro has no bars, houseboats are placed out in coves and the task is to find these boats to collect your poker hand.
Last year was a lot of fun.
Gary

Eliminator 4 Life
07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
I would say a map is an absolute necesity if you are going to do this run. Make sure it has the names of all of the coves and creeks.
Most poker runs go from bar to bar to collect your poker hand. Since Lake Don Pedro has no bars, houseboats are placed out in coves and the task is to find these boats to collect your poker hand.
Last year was a lot of fun.
Gary
So does that mean I can get a drink from houseboat to houseboat :idea:

bocco
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
So does that mean I can get a drink from houseboat to houseboat :idea:
Mostly, yes. Last year a lot of people were just in a hurry and wanted to get their card and haul azz to the next boat. They were afraid they wouldn't finish in time.

MKEELINE
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm planning on attending the poker run, it sounds like a blast. The map on the Don Pedro website doesn't have any names on it, do the maps at the lake have more info? I've been to the lake several times, but don't know the names of any of the spots.

Familycat
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Can't wait, should be fun. When will the locations be announced? It might be nice to have our houseboat near the finish.
Rick

bocco
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm planning on attending the poker run, it sounds like a blast. The map on the Don Pedro website doesn't have any names on it, do the maps at the lake have more info? I've been to the lake several times, but don't know the names of any of the spots.
They sell maps at the Marina at flemming meadows. You can probably also pick one up at a fishing or bait shop if you want to get to know the names a little before you get there. Not a bad idea.

MKEELINE
07-25-2007, 01:47 PM
They sell maps at the Marina at flemming meadows. You can probably also pick one up at a fishing or bait shop if you want to get to know the names a little before you get there. Not a bad idea.
Thanks, I'll definitely do that. How's the lake level?

bocco
07-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely do that. How's the lake level?
Low, very low. But still very use able. We just can't hide our house boat in some of the coves that we like. The good news is that must of the ugly shiat is now sticking up out of the water in clear view. Give any rocks or trees a wide path cuz they've usually got friends close by. And don't run at night unless you know that lake really well.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Low, very low. But still very use able. We just can't hide our house boat in some of the coves that we like. The good news is that must of the ugly shiat is now sticking up out of the water in clear view. Give any rocks or trees a wide path cuz they've usually got friends close by. And don't run at night unless you know that lake really well.
Well you and familycat got your own cove anyway. :D
Look forward to the poker run should be a good time...
Rick you headed up this weekend or are you going to NACI????

Sleeper
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Can't wait, should be fun. When will the locations be announced? It might be nice to have our houseboat near the finish.
Rick
The Run starts (you get your clues) and ends at mud hole (you turn in your hand). When you get your hand(s) they give you a list of clues that you have to figure out in order to find the spots (hidden Houseboats) usually 5 different area's. You do not have to go in any particular order and if you meet someone who has been to a spot you have not yet found they may tell you where it is, or maybe not. Most of the spots have refeshments at least for adults.

The Patriot
07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Just in case, we will be selling maps at the registration table also. Same price as the Marina sells them. Hope to see you all there.
There will be SIX spots this year....so be ready! :)

Eliminator 4 Life
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Just in case, we will be selling maps at the registration table also. Same price as the Marina sells them. Hope to see you all there.
There will be SIX spots this year....so be ready! :)
Im ready and the boat is already there. Oh wait the sleeps there everynight:D

Familycat
07-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Well you and familycat got your own cove anyway. :D
Look forward to the poker run should be a good time...
Rick you headed up this weekend or are you going to NACI????
Rob. going to DP. Will have to pass on Naci. Wanna come by this weekend?
Rick

Eliminator 4 Life
07-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Rob. going to DP. Will have to pass on Naci. Wanna come by this weekend?
Rick
No Naci for me either I gotta help mom move on sat. Im gonna try and make it up there Sun for a few hours. You gonna be parked at Equity Island :D

Familycat
07-26-2007, 06:49 AM
No Naci for me either I gotta help mom move on sat. Im gonna try and make it up there Sun for a few hours. You gonna be parked at Equity Island :D
I think Equity Island has become Equity Peninsula. My dad is going up early Friday to recon. If it is sill a good place we will be there, Come by if you can.
Rick

Eliminator 4 Life
07-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I think Equity Island has become Equity Peninsula. My dad is going up early Friday to recon. If it is sill a good place we will be there, Come by if you can.
Rick
Thats a big 10-4 good buddy. If not next weekend for sure I got a campsite for the night. Are the dice cups warmed up :D

bocco
07-26-2007, 08:35 AM
We are hosting the 2007 Poker Run at Lake Don Pedro Aug. 11. Anybody and everybody are welcome!! Come join us, it is a lot of fun. Registration starts the morning of Aug. 11. in "Mud Hole" also known as Little Oak/Big Oak Island. You may want to get a map of the lake...the game begins at noon. Cost is $10 per hand, no limit. T-shirts/tank tops are also available. Hope to see you all there.
The Patriot
You guys might want to start a seperate thread with a better subject line if you want more people to know about it. You could probably pull quite a few people off of this site.

MKEELINE
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know of a place that has something better than 91 octane at the pump? It would need to be between Fresno and Merced.
Thanks,
Mike

bocco
07-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know of a place that has something better than 91 octane at the pump? It would need to be between Fresno and Merced.
Thanks,
Mike
Don't know about on land but I can tell you that 87 is all you can buy on Don Pedro. So plan your extra gas or octane boost accordingly.

MKEELINE
07-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Don't know about on land but I can tell you that 87 is all you can buy on Don Pedro. So plan your extra gas or octane boost accordingly.
That's what I thought. I just called to book a campsite and the gal told me they carried mid grade 89. I guess I'll have to go easy on the "loud pedal".

bocco
07-26-2007, 09:57 AM
That's what I thought. I just called to book a campsite and the gal told me they carried mid grade 89. I guess I'll have to go easy on the "loud pedal".
89 is what I meant to say. That's the second time I've done that.

Sleeper
07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks,
Mike
There is a Union 76 in Waterford, Hwy 132, that has 100 octane. From Modesto to Don Pedro it is on the left.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
There is a Union 76 in Waterford, Hwy 132, that has 100 octane. From Modesto to Don Pedro it is on the left.
Good call Mike but I think hes gonna come J59 out of Merced and come through snelling.. Im trying to think you might want to call some 76 stations in merced one of them is bound to have it.:D

MKEELINE
07-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Good call Mike but I think hes gonna come J59 out of Merced and come through snelling.. Im trying to think you might want to call some 76 stations in merced one of them is bound to have it.:D
Yes, 99 to J59. I check with some of the 76 stations.
Thanks,
Mike

Eliminator 4 Life
07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes, 99 to J59. I check with some of the 76 stations.
Thanks,
Mike
No problem Mike look forward to meeting another HB member

Eliminator 4 Life
08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Ill be leaving around 1pm see you guys on the water...:D