PDA

View Full Version : Crooks Put Squeeze On Lemonade Stand

RitcheyRch
07-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Cant believe someone would scam these little girls.
http://www.knbc.com/food/13714603/detail.html
Two girls running a lemonade stand in the Phoenix area said their business turned sour Saturday when they were scammed by two women with a counterfeit bill.
Paris Garcia, 11, and her 14-year-old sister, Sterling, have been running a lemonade stand in Goodyear, Ariz., for the past few weekends. The girls charge $2 a glass in an effort to save up for a trip to San Diego.
On Saturday, they lost their hard-earned cash.
The girls said they were approached by two women with a $50 bill.
"At first they gave us a $10 bill, and then they were like, 'Oh wait, can you break a 50?' And I said, 'Yeah, sure, I'll try,'" Sterling said.
The sisters rounded up all their cash and handed it over. When they came up short with only $38, Paris said, one of the women told the girls to keep the change.
A few hours later, the girls' father broke the bad news: the bill was bogus.
Steve Garcia said the counterfeit cash was a $5 bill that had been bleached over to look like a $50 bill.
"I just don't get it. Pick on me. Pick on someone your own size," Garcia said.
Their first experience with fraud wasn't enough to run the Garcia sisters out of business. The girls were out selling drinks again on Wednesday.
They said they now know to hold money up to the light and look for water marks to make sure the cash they're collecting is the real thing.

squirt'nmyload
07-19-2007, 03:54 PM
fockin scumbags :mad:
RitcheyRch <-----------------official ***boat news anchor :D :D

RitcheyRch
07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Thats me. :D
RitcheyRch <-----------------official ***boat news anchor :D :D