PDA

View Full Version : Cole 22 Superhawk Molds

fatboy95
07-19-2007, 07:12 PM
:confused: Does anyone know what happened to the molds for the 22 Superhawk or who might have them.? Someone mentioned last summer that Cole was back in business building the 250S. What has happened since? Will the Superhawk be reincarnated?

bead
07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
had a few of them , not sure which molds he had though. he might have been jus storing them for jim at the time

Marty Gras
07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Yep! With the keel 3/4" off of center, to the strakes, I want one! (or two, or three!) It is a pretty boat, but the bottom has issues. Please measure the bottom on one of them before you "put your money down".

fatboy95
07-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Yep! With the keel 3/4" off of center, to the strakes, I want one! (or two, or three!) It is a pretty boat, but the bottom has issues. Please measure the bottom on one of them before you "put your money down".
Never heard that before about a Cole. Where did you get the information?

eliminatedsprinter
07-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Never heard that before about a Cole. Where did you get the information?
I think he is referring to the molds in Champion Marine.
I used to take my boat to Champion Marine :( and I have been in there several times since Cole shut down and I never saw any Cole night hawk molds there. Champion marine was making some boats (if I remember correctly, it was under the name of "Renegade") in that size range, but they were a far cry from what Cole made and the hulls had very different lines.

gramps
07-20-2007, 10:31 AM
I heard the other day the Cole is back in business..............somewhere in the Riverside area. There is a new 25 Cole sitting in St. George for $59,900 The lots selling it is "Indy Motors".

fatboy95
07-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I think he is referring to the molds in Champion Marine.
I used to take my boat to Champion Marine :( and I have been in there several times since Cole shut down and I never saw any Cole night hawk molds there. Champion marine was making some boats (if I remember correctly, it was under the name of "Renegade") in that size range, but they were a far cry from what Cole made and the hulls had very different lines.
Whew, probably splashed. Hopefully someone will know or have the mystery solved. Thanks

eliminatedsprinter
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Whew, probably splashed. Hopefully someone will know or have the mystery solved. Thanks
I'm sure it was a splash, but it was more likely off the 21 ft Ultra or Caliber 1. It was not a splash of the Cole.

Marty Gras
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
NO NO NO!!! Don't put words in my mouth! I have worked on a few Cole 22' boats and the keels were off of center by 3/4"!!! (I also do drag boat bottom work!) Just ask the guys who own 22' Cole jets! They all turn one way great and the other way NOT AT ALL! Please don't second guess what I say, because you don't have any factual basis and I do! PS, I don't have any idea what Dave is doing, and I could care less! I think Cole did the best he could with what he had, and none of us can attack that! "Renegade" is Ron Pace and has nothing to do with Cole!! You guys open your mouths and know nothing about what you speak! Dave and Ron are former brother's in law!!!! you idiots!!!!!!!!

Marty Gras
07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Everybody wants to be the "inside guy". It's sad that most of these guys are driving by Champion Marine or another shop at 45MPH. They look over and see "some kind of special boat" and they REPORT THEIR FINDINGS HERE! Without any kind of factual basis, they start a "I know something thread", and it takes off...! Please talk to someone! Please stop and think about who or what you are affecting. I do hope that the original poster finds the molds and can get the hull he wants. But for god's sake, please try to keep the personal unfounded BS to a minimum. It does no good in a forum that seeks the truth! PS! the Cole 22' hull and the Renegade hulls are TOTALLY DIFFERENT! How can anyone mistake them????

eliminatedsprinter
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
PS! the Cole 22' hull and the Renegade hulls are TOTALLY DIFFERENT! How can anyone mistake them????
That is what I was trying to say. The hulls that Dave showed me (and told me he was building) about 2 years ago said Renegade on them and looked nothing at all like Coles. I wasn't trying to spred any BS. I was just saying that, from what I saw, Dave at Champion Marine was not building Cole Nighthawks.
I also thought your comment about the strakes being off was in referrance to the post just above yours, re the molds at Champion Marine. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I just got thrown off a bit by the wording and the way your post seemed to be in answer to the post above yours.
Sorry.:(
P.S. When it comes to anything involving Champion Marine the last thing I want to be is "the Inside Guy". They screwed up my motor big time and took a boatload of my time and money in the process. It took a trip down to Al Stoker to finally get it back to spec.

Xlration Marine
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I had a PM from the guy that has the molds, so he must hang out on here. He also has the molds for some cat or someting like that?? I don't have the number any more. Coles are the best looking. Period!

superdave013
07-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Renegade boats is Ron Pace's deal. His shop is very close to mine. Super nice guy and build nice boats. But they don't look anything like the old Coles.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-25-2007, 08:41 PM
My cousin's boat was just flipped at found none of the problem you speak of. Only thing wrong was had some hook in it. Other than that they said it was good. Pats Fiberglass was who did it.

Ultrafied
07-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Dory at Domin8tor has a few of the Cole molds.

Marty Gras
07-29-2007, 09:22 PM
My cousin's boat was just flipped at found none of the problem you speak of. Only thing wrong was had some hook in it. Other than that they said it was good. Pats Fiberglass was who did it.
Back in the 90's I worked on 8 of them and they all had the problems I described. 3 of them were jets and they would not turn in one direction. One of those jet drive 22's had an accident down on Parker because the boat would not turn. I'm not here to "bash", and who really cares? So the "pad area" had hook in it? Or were you refering to the uneven strakes? They (Cole) may have built a new (repaired) mold, I don't know. I do know that when I measured the 22' hull bottoms (in my shop), they were off center by 3/4". I've done a few other boat bottoms, and I do know how to use a tape measure, and a straight edge. I'm happy your boat had such little work needed! If it was in such GREAT SHAPE, why did you feel it needed any work at all? Sorry you are unhappy with Dave. The Cole 250 is a nice boat, it sure looks like a Sleekcraft with a pad in the bottom to me. Cole was buying his (80's and 90's) earlier 24's and bigger from Conquest, before he made his own larger molds. The earlier Coles 24' + (without pads) had a "rolling over problem" at higher speeds. Now tell me I'm wrong about that too, all you experts. Pete Giroux has the "good molds" of the small Coles up to the 20'. I think that if the 22' molds would build NICE STRAIGHT HULLS, (without repairs) he would have gotten them too. Don't know 'for sure' who has/owns the larger Cole molds.