PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone coverage on Shasta

HitIt
07-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone know if there is any cell coverage on Shasta? Where? Which carriers? Going houseboating for a week next week. Cant freakin wait! Want to leave NOW.

lalhc
07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Just check your wireless providers website. If you have Sprint click on the link below:
http://sprint.com/index.html

Redding Rat
07-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Cell phone coverage is not to bad with verizon, but there are some areas that there's no coverage for any of the carriers.

HitIt
07-20-2007, 10:01 AM
lalhc: I have checked those things before and have found them to be, to put it gently, a bit "optomisitc" ;)
reddding rat: thanks for the info. I have Verizon as well as most of the others that are going. Do you happen to know which areas for sure do have coverage. We are going to pick someone up mid-week and need to have cell coverage. Just trying to plan the trip :)

Redding Rat
07-20-2007, 10:54 AM
In some of the coves the coverage is not the best or not at all, and way up the arms of the lake. This year the lake level is down so it makes the coverage somewhat spotty. Where are you picking up your houseboat, and what arm of the lake will you be heading up?

blown65
07-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Cingular works on quite a bit of the lake. Unless you go way up an arm, usually your in good shape.
My nexthell I had didnt work hardly anywhere.

HitIt
07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Getting the boat out of Silverthorn. Going to do the left side of the lake the first half of the week and the right half the second half.

Redding Rat
07-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I haven't used my cell phone at Silverthon so I'm not sure about coverage at the dock since the lake is low. I would think it should work, but not really sure. If it were me I would have my guests call when they get to Redding and since you will be on the lake, just make sure you are in an area that has good coverage. There's always the bar at Bridge Bay! Enjoy the lake, it's a GREAT place to boat!

HitIt
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Ya, I have been out there a few times before and loved it. Any tips on cool coves to stay at?

Redding Rat
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Since the water level is dropping, coves change a lot so I can't really think of one. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a spot. Just remember the lake will be lower then normal, but there's still a lot of room to boat and party.

buzzaro
07-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, I would say that coverage is great until the boat breaks down:D . Really though, I can say that T-mobile is hit and miss while on the water and decent at Antlers marina, while Nextel is worthless. I would also guess that any of them work better the closer you stay to I-5, so the main body and the Sac arm are your best bets. Sorry I dont have anything more specific.

All-Star
07-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Was up in Shasta, Yreaka, and Weed are a few weeks ago.
Verizon has perfect coverage.
I WAS NOT on the lake... so I can not tell for sure.
Have fun.
I might be up there on a House boat around the same time if all goes well.
Later.

Chuckles
07-21-2007, 12:54 AM
If you can see the bridge, you can get coverage. If you can't see the bridge, all bets are off. The lake is low right now and makes the coverage spotty

DCBob
07-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Well, I would say that coverage is great until the boat breaks down:D . Really though, I can say that T-mobile is hit and miss while on the water and decent at Antlers marina, while Nextel is worthless. I would also guess that any of them work better the closer you stay to I-5, so the main body and the Sac arm are your best bets. Sorry I dont have anything more specific.
With Nextel what he said!!