PDA

View Full Version : Has any one ever ran across this boat

21concord
09-24-2002, 06:33 AM
Has any anyone ever ran across this boat it was my dad's in the late 60s and early 70s. I believe it was a 17' Rayson Craft. My father bought it originally with a mahoganie deck. Our business burned and it burned up with it. So my father rebuilt it from the ground up and added the middle seat in the deck. That is what made it unique and one of a kind. The picture shows it with a 352 Dodge Hemi I believe. There is some discussion over the motors actual cubic inch. My older brother remembers it differantly than I, but the engine came out of an old Dodge liquor truck that looked similar to a UPS truck. When the boat was sold however it had a 427BBC that my dad built for his super stock boat that he never ended up racing. He was curious how that engine would run so he put it in the Rayson craft. That much horse power in a little 17' flat bottom would sure raise the hair on the back of your neck. Especially if you were riding in the middle seat.
I was just wondering if anyone on the boards has ever seen this boat I'm curious as to what happened to it and interested in purchasing it to restore it if I can find it. the name on the side of the boat was Tinker Toy Too. I believe the people that purchased it from us where from Texas but I'm not sure. It was 26 years ago. We lived in Phoenix at the time.
Boat.jpg(197)

21concord
09-24-2002, 06:37 AM
Sorry I guess the picture didn't show up. I am not sure how to post it from my E-mail to this board. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this I would appreciate it. I am new to posting. I have been lurking awhile though.

21concord
09-26-2002, 12:35 PM
[IMG]boat5.jpg Still trying to get the image to post. I have it in hot boat media center but having trouble moving it to v drives to post.

Sangster
09-26-2002, 12:48 PM
Is this it... http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Boat5.JPG

Oldsquirt
09-26-2002, 12:48 PM
I see Sangster beat me to it!
Interesting seating arrangement!
[ September 26, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Sangster
09-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Oldsquirt, Where have you been, Hows the project coming....

21concord
09-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Thank You very much Sangster. It was interesting to ride in that seat oldsquirt, at 80 miles and hour. I was hoping someone on this board has ever seen this on the lakes anywhere. I suspect it is in someones field or behind some ol bulilding now. I think the people that baught it from us were pretty inexperienced. I remember my dad telling me he was concerned with the BBC in it, (it was wicked fast) and he was afraid they might get in over there head with it.

Oldsquirt
09-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Sangster, project is coming along. Got it together enough to put it in the water for its first run at the Tower Park get together last month. That's where the avatar pic came from. Had a few bugs to work out - like crap plugging up my fuel filter. Still undecided on interior, but I have all winter for that.....
Met some of the v-drive guys at Tower. 058(Bob) and I think "Monkey Bung" and "Flight Risk" but that is just a guess based on what I've read here......I was pretty busy trying to finish things up and missed a lot of the names.
[ September 26, 2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Hemicide
09-27-2002, 09:28 AM
Looked real kuhl with the early Hemi. :)
[ September 27, 2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Hemicide ]

e-ticket
09-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Has anyone run into this boat. I sold it and the new owner moved to pheonix.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/starfire1.JPG
[ September 28, 2002, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: e-ticket ]

09-28-2002, 08:27 AM
OLDSQUIRT:
Sangster, project is coming along. Got it together enough to put it in the water for its first run at the Tower Park get together last month. That's where the avatar pic came from. Had a few bugs to work out - like crap plugging up my fuel filter. Still undecided on interior, but I have all winter for that.....
Met some of the v-drive guys at Tower. 058(Bob) and I think "Monkey Bung" and "Flight Risk" but that is just a guess based on what I've read here......I was pretty busy trying to finish things up and missed a lot of the names.Oldsquirt, It was good to meet you at TPII but you looked very busy with your boat. Perhaps we can hook up sometime when you have more time. You did indeed meet Monkeybung and Flyte Risk too. :D