PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin Bay Marina?

gramps
07-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Has anyone been there yet and seen the houses? Any info besides the website? I like the layout and it looks (on paper) to be sorta nice. Any opinions?

Trailer Park Casanova
07-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Slip rentals are $15 a day, and they have a launch service that will also put your boat in the slip.
But, you can hold a slip for an annual fee.
More importantly, and someone correct me if I'm mistaken:
Access seems to be through the shallow lagoon, which is on the environmental endangered habitat hit list. Dredging will be a continuing issue with the greenies.
Removing a Tumbleweed is a bfd with them, so you can imagine furthur dredging shitstorms.
So:
I can see why jets & PWC's are being heavily touted in their sales rags. Eyes wide open on that issue.
We're familiar with the lagoon. It's the only water warm enough for the girls to jump in and pee.
Seems to be all townhomes too which is fine, but:
Couldn't get any info if the dirt the townhomes sit on is fee simple.
A BFD IMHO.
And, the slip fee is extra.
I would almost bet money we'll never see anything like this built again in our lifetimes based on my limited involvement with fighting the extreme enviromental groups in the dunes.
Amazing they got the place built, my skullcap is off to the developers.
One rumored to be the sister of Don Laughlin, Check that: rumored.
Love the area, but too many PWC's for this kids nerves. And the water temps run 25 deg F colder than Havi/Parker = Purple Huevos.
http://beta.laughlinbaymarina.com/images/mapBay.gif