PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Book came today via USPS. I surprised my daughter as I had ordered it back in early June and not mentioned it. Last night she says to me timidly, "When all the crowds have died down, can we go see if they have any Harry Potter books left?" "Sure." I reply. Then it shows up today. It was cool to see the shocked look on her face. I don't expect to see her for a couple of days.
I hope she hurries up so I can read it :D

OCMerrill
07-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Good job Mom.:)
I love doing that sneaky surprise things for my kids.
Read it up and sell it on ebay for like 2 mil.:D :D :D

HavaSkank
07-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Harry is murdered by Froto after a herion binge and his hollowed body is used as a canoe by Darth Vader

Mrs. Jyruiz
07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Can't wait to get my book. Need my summer read. My students and I have huge discussions about the books. I hope Dumbledore isn't really dead. Does Harry die or not? Stay tuned.

Mandelon
07-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Mailman dropped it off this morning. My son was jonesing pretty bad for it for weeks. Another few hours and he'll be finished with it. :rolleyes:
Costco online I think, half the price of retail.... :)

epeagle
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
any spoilers?

Baja Big Dog
07-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Mailman just dropped off the new Hustler, beaver hunt is the best one yet!!!!:D

3 daytona`s
07-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Nice comment:(

smoker
07-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Now that's funny.

RiverRatMike
07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
who's Happy Potter? :confused:

Mandelon
07-22-2007, 11:23 AM
My son says some people die, but not who you think. HOws that for not a spoiled ending. :D
Book came at 11:30 in the mail, he was done by dinner time.....:eek:
Frikken spirit of Evelyn Wood or something in that one.... :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-22-2007, 01:06 PM
I got a warm fuzzy feeling yesterday morning knowing tht MILLIONS of kids across the country were spending their Saturday reading. I love it!!! I had a student 2 years ago who couldn't read well, didn't like reading, picked up the first Harry Potter book for an A/R (Accellerated Reader) test, and it was on. She got to where she would borrow one from class on a Friday and come in beaming on Monday telling me that she had finished it and was ready to take her test. I swear, it was hard to keep from tearing up. Because of J.K Rowling, this child is now an avid reader and her chances of succeeding in school are much higher. I know some will think I'm giving the woman too much credit, but I know that child is not the only one. Anything that gets a child to pick up a book on his or her own is a wonderful thing. I don't care what the religious zealots say.

victorfb
07-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I got a warm fuzzy feeling yesterday morning knowing tht MILLIONS of kids across the country were spending their Saturday reading. I love it!!! I had a student 2 years ago who couldn't read well, didn't like reading, picked up the first Harry Potter book for an A/R (Accellerated Reader) test, and it was on. She got to where she would borrow one from class on a Friday and come in beaming on Monday telling me that she had finished it and was ready to take her test. I swear, it was hard to keep from tearing up. Because of J.K Rowling, this child is now an avid reader and her chances of succeeding in school are much higher. I know some will think I'm giving the woman too much credit, but I know that child is not the only one. Anything that gets a child to pick up a book on his or her own is a wonderful thing. I don't care what the religious zealots say.
Now THATS awsome. :D

Mrs. Jyruiz
07-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Amen. I fully agree. I buy my students Harry Potter Pencils, folders, erasers. We pretty much book club the books.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-22-2007, 02:51 PM
It's definately motivated many kids to read.
I was channel surfing, and several televangelists were condeming it.
Shame really.
Hagee the leader of the book burners.

shueman
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I got a warm fuzzy feeling yesterday morning ....
I did too, until I realized that I bumped the seat warmers in the truck...:D
Kids reading...:idea: That's a definite high.... :cool:;)