PDA

View Full Version : Will the impellar take a blower?

jrod
02-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Just wondering if me berkley with a fresh a aluminum impellar will take a 468 with a 6-71 blower making 650 hp? I know probably that hard launches are not going to help it. But can it live back there until I get a stainless?

SmokinLowriderSS
02-18-2006, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't get on it hard, at all.
Get a mag/bronze and save some money.

IMPATIENT 1
02-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Just wondering if me berkley with a fresh a aluminum impellar will take a 468 with a 6-71 blower making 650 hp? I know probably that hard launches are not going to help it. But can it live back there until I get a stainless?
I SPIN ONE WITH A 600HP BBF(800HP ON THE BOTTLE) AND MINES HELD UP AWHILE(3YRS SINCE REBUILD). IF HAD THE DOUGH, I'D BE RUNNIN A STAINLESS THOUGH. IT WOULDN'T BE A CONCERN FOR ME ANYMORE.MAYBE NEXT YR..

Heatseeker
02-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I've been spinning an aluminum AA 6300 rpm for three seasons behind a blower motor.
One thing that will kill an aluminum impeller is the full throttle re-loads. If the pump unloads at WFO, when you re-load it with water, there's no way that it's going to load evenly. Loaded unevenly, an impeller will be seriously out of balance. An aluminum impeller doesn't have the strength to hold that big of an imbalance and the next thing you know, you're looking for your paddle.
So, I'm very selective where and when I'll really lay into the thing. If there's a hint of rough water, I try to take it easy. That's not to say that I haven't unloaded my pump under heavy throttle a couple of times, it's nearly unavoidable. But I have been lucky thus far.
So, in answer to you question, yes, an aluminum impeller can live with a blower motor. Recommended? Not by most pros.

sdba069
02-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Smart money is a mag bronze or SS. Not to say you might get by for a while, but odds are against you. The 2 phrases, "blown big block in a jet boat", and " take it easy", have no business in the same story.

Heatseeker
02-18-2006, 03:28 PM
...The 2 phrases, "blown big block in a jet boat", and " take it easy", have no business in the same story.
I know, I know :mad: :mad: ...
I'm waiting on an Aggresser M/B right now. I know I've been on borrowed time since putting this thing together. It was a $$$(lack of) thing!

TIMINATOR
02-18-2006, 06:17 PM
As long as the pump stays loaded, there is no problem using an aluminum impeller. If it unloads going down the lake, add more loader or shoe. It will live just fine. I ran over 900 HP for 3 years on an aluminum, BUT my setup was correct, and it never unloaded unless I hit a big wake. I got out of it on re-entry. I ran the crap out of it, just ask the Phoenix crowd, no problems. TIMINATOR

sdba069
02-18-2006, 07:31 PM
As long as the pump stays loaded, there is no problem using an aluminum impeller. If it unloads going down the lake, add more loader or shoe. It will live just fine. TIMINATOR
Now that's a quote to live by. Example........ Right after "it unloaded going down the lake"........ Man, if only I had more loader and/or shoe or I had installed an impeller of adequate strength to handle my HP or any freak circumstance that might befall me, drunk or sober, my impeller wouldn't have come apart after I came off that roller and the pump loads back at 7500 RPM. I thought I was out of it enough. I wonder what a new bowl is going to cost, because the shrapnel from the impeller took out half the vanes in the bowl. Then, not realizing the damage that had been done in the pump, I hit the gas again and between the over rev, due to lack of impeller blades, and the severe vibration due to due to the same, the motor came apart. This being said, COMMON SENSE suggests that I spend a little extra money, as soon as I can afford it, on an adequate impeller. And Timinator...... if you've gotten by with 900 HP for that long, you are either very lucky, which is good, or you might want to take another look at your HP numbers. I'm really starting to enjoy conflict.

steelcomp
02-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Now that's a quote to live by. Example........ Right after "it unloaded going down the lake"........ Man, if only I had more loader and/or shoe or I had installed an impeller of adequate strength to handle my HP or any freak circumstance that might befall me, drunk or sober, my impeller wouldn't have come apart after I came off that roller and the pump loads back at 7500 RPM. I thought I was out of it enough. I wonder what a new bowl is going to cost, because the shrapnel from the impeller took out half the vanes in the bowl. Then, not realizing the damage that had been done in the pump, I hit the gas again and between the over rev, due to lack of impeller blades, and the severe vibration due to due to the same, the motor came apart. This being said, COMMON SENSE suggests that I spend a little extra money, as soon as I can afford it, on an adequate impeller. And Timinator...... if you've gotten by with 900 HP for that long, you are either very lucky, which is good, or you might want to take another look at your HP numbers. I'm really starting to enjoy conflict.
Garry, I think you'll find that Timo is the exception to most everything. :D
Welcome to the dark side. :skull: :argue:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Let me sum this up really quick. This is what happens when you unload and reload an aluminum impeller at WOT!!!!! Notice in the last pic that there are grooves cut in the backside of the impeller. That is from the torque of the motor flexing the impeller and making contact with the bowl......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/239peller6.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/239peller4.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/239peller3.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/239peller2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/239peller1.jpg

TIMINATOR
02-18-2006, 08:36 PM
The boat was a 21 Daytona, it radared at 113 mph, with me and the wife,(she is fearless), I allways had her in there so thats how I radared it. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here so I'm not gonna tell ya ya need somthing when ya don't. I did it, it was witnessed by a lot of folks. I don't half-ass anything. If it is done right it will live fine, if you pay attention to the details. If you don't want to take the time to do it right, then put a stainless impeller in it. It will live with most anything you throw at it. I push the limits to find out where they are. I don't guess. Keep in mind that there are different BRANDS of impellers, some mag-bronze aren't as strong as others aluminum ones. One thing that I have noticed, the people that usually say that I am wrong have never seen my stuff run or never met me. TIMINATOR

sdba069
02-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Bottom line......... why would you spend all that money on a badass motor and skimp on the impeller? Why would you even want to chance it? Money is always a factor, but anyone who has a clue wouldn't recommend the aluminum in a high HP application.

TIMINATOR
02-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I do it to find out where the limits are. On MY stuff. I never offer an opinion on anything that I haven't personally tried. I like to think this makes my opinion more valuble to my customers than some "he said-she said" rhetoric. I will try to contain my experiences and information. TIMINATOR

sdba069
02-18-2006, 09:01 PM
The boat was a 21 Daytona, it radared at 113 mph, with me and the wife,(she is fearless), I allways had her in there so thats how I radared it. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here so I'm not gonna tell ya ya need somthing when ya don't. I did it, it was witnessed by a lot of folks. I don't half-ass anything. If it is done right it will live fine, if you pay attention to the details. If you don't want to take the time to do it right, then put a stainless impeller in it. It will live with most anything you throw at it. I push the limits to find out where they are. I don't guess. Keep in mind that there are different BRANDS of impellers, some mag-bronze aren't as strong as others aluminum ones. One thing that I have noticed, the people that usually say that I am wrong have never seen my stuff run or never met me. TIMINATOR
More power to ya. We just won't be calling for any recommendations. I'll have to study on that mag bronze vs. aluminum thing. Possibly, to your benefit, it would probably take in the neighborhood of 1100+ HP to run 113 in a 21 Daytona unless, of course, yours is the lightest one in the country. As a reference....... 285# CP........ 479 in BBC making around 860 on the dyno........ runs 9.0's at 113 mph.... BTW... what DOES your Daytona weigh?

maxwedge
02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
So you're saying this is bad? I thought maybe it was just ported for better cavitation.:D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/239peller2.jpg

steelcomp
02-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I do it to find out where the limits are. On MY stuff. I never offer an opinion on anything that I haven't personally tried. I like to think this makes my opinion more valuble to my customers than some "he said-she said" rhetoric. I will try to contain my experiences and information. TIMINATORSo what you're saying is that it's OK for you to recommend to others to take chances and push the limits, because you've gotten away with it? I mean, you're admitting that you're pushing the limits with an aluminum impeller with 900hp, on your stuff, right? But you're also saying it's OK to use an aluminum impeller with 900 hp. right? Oh, sure, you qualify it with "it needs to have the right clearances, and be set up right" BS. Bottom line is, you're saying an aluminum impeller is OK with 900 hp, and for a 468 with a 671, making under 700 hp, is should be a piece of cake. :rolleyes:
I'm with Garry, also, having to check on that aluminun vs. mag bronze statement you made. I'm thinking NOT.

garret
02-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I ran a berkley AB aluminum for a season on a blown motor and it came apart, So i upgraded to a Agressor B. But there is a guy out where we go running an aluminum impellar making around 900 hp and no problems at all.

LynnsJet
02-19-2006, 04:36 AM
WHat is the cost of Aluminim vs M/B & SS for a Berkley? Someone have a rough idea.
L J

sleekcrafter
02-19-2006, 06:37 AM
WHat is the cost of Aluminim vs M/B & SS for a Berkley? Someone have a rough idea.
L J
Aluminum $300 Ten years ago you could add a $100- $300 on all of
these prices, they have come down since then :)
Mag/Bronze $700
Stainless Steel $1100
Plus wearring $90-$120
All this aside A frieind of mine ran an AmericanTurbine aluminum AAAA, and an AMT bowl, behind his 1271 blown 572 aluminum Donovin, powered 21ft daycruiser. Was it the smartest thing to do? no, it was to see how the boat performed, with out throwing another $1100 out on a SS impeller. He did run it for a season, without cracking it. The boat has since been repowered and sold, as a lake boat.
I ran, an aluminum, AA impeller behind my 540 BBC for 5 years, with no problems, It came unloaded many times. It was also an American turbine Pump, and the boat was a 23 ft daycruiser. That said I did not try to kill it either.
Sleek

SmokinLowriderSS
02-19-2006, 07:01 AM
One afternooin last fall, I was out a DuaneHTP's dropping downpayment $$$ on my bronze, and I saw a bowl I asked him about. I believe Duane when he told me a guy with a strong blower-motor refused to listen to him when he advised him NOT to run the aluminum impeller behind it. Are't "Awww, It'll be OK." great final last words?
Anyhow, the bowl is missing at least an inch of all the vanes, it is missing the bolting ring where it attatches to the suction piece (it was completely sheared/fractured off from the impeller coming apart against the inside of it), the bolt-ring was sitting right below it on the same shelf. The only reason it wasn't on the lake bottom was the controll cables to the nozzle. I don't remember if the boat sank or not.
I should be pulling 400 HP from my mild 454, another 100-150 nitroused. I have no interest in trying repeatedly to throw 500 HP in my lake-boat at my Al. or a newer Tenzaloy (aluminum) impeller. After next winter's head porting, she'll be done, but with 600HP total. I'm not nearly as lucky as Timinator is. I'd sooner or later (likely sooner) blow it up.
Now ...............
New mag-bronze Agressor $700
Rebuild kit $230
Fun all summer $930
Vs .................
Blow the drive up about June on a trip away from home, weekend shot $500
New bronze $700 ... hope one is available QUICK & I'm not broke.
New bowl $1300 unless I can find an older E/F bowl used
Is the shaft bent from the thrashing? $400
Rebuild kit $230
New cables to replace damaged ones if my bowl came apart too $220
Hope the motor didn't overrev & toss any pieces $2,000
Finally back together about September, time to winterize it here. Saved a TON of dough on gasoline tho and wear/tear on the tube & ski's. $3100-$5100

sleekcrafter
02-19-2006, 08:14 AM
One afternooin last fall, I was out a DuaneHTP's dropping downpayment $$$ on my bronze, and I saw a bowl I asked him about. I believe Duane when he told me a guy with a strong blower-motor refused to listen to him when he advised him NOT to run the aluminum impeller behind it. Are't "Awww, It'll be OK." great final last words?
Anyhow, the bowl is missing at least an inch of all the vanes, it is missing the bolting ring where it attatches to the suction piece (it was completely sheared/fractured off from the impeller coming apart against the inside of it), the bolt-ring was sitting right below it on the same shelf. The only reason it wasn't on the lake bottom was the controll cables to the nozzle. I don't remember if the boat sank or not.
I should be pulling 400 HP from my mild 454, another 100-150 nitroused. I have no interest in trying repeatedly to throw 500 HP in my lake-boat at my Al. or a newer Tenzaloy (aluminum) impeller. After next winter's head porting, she'll be done, but with 600HP total. I'm not nearly as lucky as Timinator is. I'd sooner or later (likely sooner) blow it up.
Now ...............
New mag-bronze Agressor $700
Rebuild kit $230
Fun all summer $930
Vs .................
Blow the drive up about June on a trip away from home, weekend shot $500
New bronze $700 ... hope one is available QUICK & I'm not broke.
New bowl $1300 unless I can find an older E/F bowl used
Is the shaft bent from the thrashing? $400
Rebuild kit $230
New cables to replace damaged ones if my bowl came apart too $220
Hope the motor didn't overrev & toss any pieces $2,000
Finally back together about September, time to winterize it here. Saved a TON of dough on gasoline tho and wear/tear on the tube & ski's. $3100-$5100
Wait a minute!! You forgot something here....
"Owning a jet boat"
IS PRICELESS

Duane HTP
02-19-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm with Steelcomp and Garry on this one. Telling someone that an aluminum impeller will live on 900 HP for very long is BS. Terminator, you're giving advise to a lot of people who are trying to learn from this board. Tell them like it is. Sure there have been a few of them live for a while, but you know it will eventually get them in the end. Guys, it's a lot cheaper in the long run to do it right the first time. When I get home from the week end, I'll take some pictures of some parts and post them to show what can easily happen. I have several different cuts of aluminum impellers that I might use to make a run or two, just to see what a 1000 hp motor might like in a certain boat, but I hold my breath all the way. Then when I find the cut I like, I put the real stuff, (Mag/Bronze or SS), in the pump. Running an aluminum impeller with high HP is kind of like trying to roll an egg down the side walk, You can go for a ways, depending upon how careful and lucky you are. But sooner of later, It's going to break
BE SAFE!

garret
02-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm with Steelcomp and Garry on this one. Telling someone that an aluminum impeller will live on 900 HP for very long is BS. Terminator, you're giving advise to a lot of people who are trying to learn from this board. Tell them like it is. Sure there have been a few of them live for a while, but you know it will eventually get them in the end. Guys, it's a lot cheaper in the long run to do it right the first time. When I get home from the week end, I'll take some pictures of some parts and post them to show what can easily happen. I have several different cuts of aluminum impellers that I might use to make a run or two, just to see what a 1000 hp motor might like in a certain boat, but I hold my breath all the way. Then when I find the cut I like, I put the real stuff, (Mag/Bronze or SS), in the pump. Running an aluminum impeller with high HP is kind of like trying to roll an egg down the side walk, You can go for a ways, depending upon how careful and lucky you are. But sooner of later, It's going to break
BE SAFE!
I never said it was the thing to do, that i advised doing it but a guy where i go is running a aluminum impellar in a CP making 900Hp and running 110mph for the last three years going on four years because he is not changing his pump and he has not had any problems! So the statement isn't BS!!

Rondane
02-19-2006, 08:37 AM
There are alot of guys that run aluminum with up to 650hp. Up to 800hp can be done but you need to be careful. It's done around here ALOT. 950hp i'd like to see....obviously it must be true. If your talked into bronze or stainless with small HP with no big power upgrades in the future, your just looking to have a sale made on ya. Again, it's done all the time.Timinator isnt a fly by night it seems. In my area, Don wouldn't approve but he doenst approve of much unless it's done his way and he sold it. There are a few other pump guys near by that do run aluminum hard and recommend it as so. Then again, Some guys flat out run jetboats like jetski's and NEVER get out of it. To busy lookin at who is looking at them to care much about anything goin on.Those are the people that NEED bronze or stainless. Very few pump guys recommend aluminum for anything other than stock or slightly above. They play it safe which is the norm. Seems like guys like timinator like to push the envelope, god bless him. Kinda like SDBA taking smack from don, tom morrow and others about his placecraft isnt it? If it was one of the more popular pump guys trying that aluminum with that HP (which i'm sure has been done) maybe it would be okay. :rolleyes: Be interesting to talk to Timinator and SDBA, seems they know their shit.

sdba069
02-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm not sitting in the right place to verify this, but I'm pretty sure that the impeller manufacturers don't recommend over 500 HP with an aluminum impeller. Digressing a little, Bowers and Morrow weren't really giving me smack over the PC deal, they gave me their honest opinion based on the hardware that's in that boat. These guys are good friends of mine and I have much respect for them. We just got lucky and hit on a combination that the boat liked, probably as much luck as anything. When we first started the PLJ class, most of the manufacturers sent me boxes of aluminum impellers to test with. Back then we were making around 800HP in the better boats. I did a lot of R & D for Dominator back then and honestly probably had better luck with their's. In the first 3 or 4 years that we tested, I probably went through 25 to 30 aluminum impellers. Probably trashed a little over half due to structural failure and the rest due to modifying the impeller beyond it's usefulness. Keep in mind that we weren't running these impellers long term, just making changes then making a test pass or two. All this being said along with the previous posts, my recommendation, if you are making much over 400 HP, go to the mag bronze or SS, and you'll be able to sleep better at night, knowing you've done the right thing. This from nearly 30 years experience in this business and a lot of people depending on me recommending what I think is the right thing to do. There...... I'm done. Do whatever you like.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Wait a minute!! You forgot something here....
"Owning a jet boat"
IS PRICELESS
Darn, I KNEW I forgot somethin'. :D :D :D

SmokinLowriderSS
02-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Legend won't give a HP figure on their website, just stocks SS for "High HP or pumping rocks".
Quoted from berkeley:
The maximum rating of the 12J aluminum impeller is 500 hp and 4700 rpm. The stainless steel impeller has a minimum rating of 500 hp and up.
Agressor does not make a direct recomendation for HP either ... but comes close here:
550400 MAJOR MAG. BRONZE
This is the Bad Boy that Retired the Stainless Steel Impeller. The Records Keep Coming, In every Class, form the everyday 550HP Lake Racer to the Big Blown Guy's- Our Alloy combination is the secret giving us as very high or higher tensile strength then most all stainless steel Impellers.
American Turbine just says:
If your engine turns more than 5500 RPM or if you operate in a very rocky or abrasive environment, then the stainless steel impeller should be your choice.

bp
02-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Bottom line......... why would you spend all that money on a badass motor and skimp on the impeller? Why would you even want to chance it? Money is always a factor, but anyone who has a clue wouldn't recommend the aluminum in a high HP application.
well, this pretty much says everything that ever needed to be said.
what does "be careful" mean? does that mean never step into your power? after all the crap i ran through this year, 12,000 tow miles, 13 races, 20 firebird laps, a bunch of little unloads at marble falls with the weather, a couple of BIG unloads in mission bay from running over holes, took the thing out, carried it to costa mesa, disected it - no problems, tolerances exactly where they were before.
reliability and dependability of the pump is something you should never have to think about. "be careful" should mean cover the intake before towing, don't run it in 1' or 2' deep water with a sandy bottom, etc. there's always gonna be a sneaky hole in the water.

Duane HTP
02-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I understand that one might get away with it on a race course with perfect conditions for a while. But we're giving advise to a lot of lake racers here. They are not going to hold up for these guys. It's going to get someone hurt, or as least be very expensive for them when the Alum lets go. You know, you can ride a motorcycle for a long time without a helmet. Do you think that is good advise?? It only takes once.

TIMINATOR
02-19-2006, 04:36 PM
I answered the question that was posted, you guys got caught up in the drama as usual. I DID IT,IT WORKED FOR 3 + YEARS! I never said that the 113 mph was in the quarter mile either. It was a lake boat, but I have a radar gun so I am not guessing what it ran there. P.S. I am a dealer for most everybodies parts and we do a lot of pump work and mods. I have some great prices but I will not post them. JROD I will answer your questions about what to do with the pump, but without the drama if you call me. Anyone else needs info, also call me. 623-877-8553 TIMINATOR

steelcomp
02-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by sdba069
Originally posted by bp
well, this pretty much says everything that ever needed to be said.
'Bout covers it.
I answered the question that was posted, you guys got caught up in the drama as usual. I DID IT,IT WORKED FOR 3 + YEARS!
More BS. Do you think it's possible that the question was in search of advice?
If so, don't you think it would have been better advice to err on the side of caution, instead of taking another opportunity to tell us how bitchen Timinator is?
It's like someone asking if driving a car 60mph head on into a brick wall is survivable. "Well, hell yeah, I know a guy that knew a guy that survived a crash like that. In fact, I did it, just to see if it could be done, and I survived!".

TIMINATOR
02-19-2006, 05:34 PM
CAN IT LIVE BACK THERE UNTIL I GET A STAINLESS? YES! Is it the optimum thing to do forever? NO! I never said it was. I constantly modified and checked my setup in search for more MPH. I didn't just install it and forget it. READ THE QUESTION AS IT WAS SUBMITTED! ANSWER IT IN THE CONTEXT IN WHICH IT WAS ASKED. Leave out the B.S., drama, and old wives tales. Oh and the personal attacks. TIMINATOR

Rondane
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
'Bout covers it.
More BS. Do you think it's possible that the question was in search of advice?
If so, don't you think it would have been better advice to err on the side of caution, instead of taking another opportunity to tell us how bitchen Timinator is?
It's like someone asking if driving a car 60mph head on into a brick wall is survivable. "Well, hell yeah, I know a guy that knew a guy that survived a crash like that. In fact, I did it, just to see if it could be done, and I survived!".
Timinator 'bout covered it" too dont you think steelcomp?? He let you know what worked as HE did it to back it up no? He answered the guys question using his expertise bottom line. The guy wants to know if he can "get by" for a while until he can get stainless or bronze i thought. Timinator posted good insight on the subject. I noticed you try to toot your horn and everyone around you's horn too when you post....your just a bit more "slick" at it and you think it's ok. Why pick on a pro? If there is a little ego involved....so what? You got ego too and alot of it...must be a CA thing? Maybe it's BS or maybe not what timinator did. With his credentials i wouldn't think so. Has nothing to do with the " i knew a guy that knew a guy" stuff. Give a little respect will ya? What about that 900hp CP that runs an aluminum impeller in the other post....might as well pick on him too. Has to be BS too since your so smart. Maybe you should study your signature line a bit more. :idea:
rondane

cyclone
02-19-2006, 06:16 PM
CAN IT LIVE BACK THERE UNTIL I GET A STAINLESS? YES! Is it the optimum thing to do forever? NO! I never said it was. I constantly modified and checked my setup in search for more MPH. I didn't just install it and forget it. READ THE QUESTION AS IT WAS SUBMITTED! ANSWER IT IN THE CONTEXT IN WHICH IT WAS ASKED. Leave out the B.S., drama, and old wives tales. Oh and the personal attacks. TIMINATOR
let's think about it this way. You are a "custom engine builder" and marine service and part supplier are you not? If so then wouldn't it behoove you to give out advice that did in fact err on the side of caution? If it were me, i wouldn't tell anyone to put an aluminum impeller in a pump behind any motor over 500hp let alone a 900hp motor just because I did it and nothing broke. I wouldn't want to worry about the liability if something went wrong. It's your responsibility as a knowledgable shop owner to educate the customer because he is not the expert and maybe isn't completely aware of the danger involved, not try to prove how cool you are. This guy asked the question and you bothered to answer it and yes, that means its your responsibility to give him good advice. Ok so you didn't break an aluminum impeller in your boat. But maybe this guy doesn't have a rev limiter, or maybe he has a heavy right foot, or maybe, just maybe he'd be the unlucky one to have his aluminum impeller break on him, lock up the motor, and spit him out of the boat at high speed. Why would you want any part of that potentially happening?
By the way, I've broken an aluminum impeller and a bronze one. It happens, and when it does bad things happen when you are going fast.

steelcomp
02-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Mr. Rondane, I don't know who you are, or where you come from, but I've been following most of your posts, (all 34 of them), since you started here, and one thing I've noticed. You really have very little first hand advice or input to offer on most subjects. Instead, you just stick your nose in a thread, and just like a little groupie, decide who's side you're going to take, and start in with the BS and drama. Just like this thread, exactly. You're what I call a shi t stirrer.
Lets stay on topic, and look at Timo's first response to the question.
As long as the pump stays loaded, there is no problem using an aluminum impeller. If it unloads going down the lake, add more loader or shoe. It will live just fine. I ran over 900 HP for 3 years on an aluminum, BUT my setup was correct, and it never unloaded unless I hit a big wake. I got out of it on re-entry. I ran the crap out of it, just ask the Phoenix crowd, no problems. TIMINATOR
I don't see anywhere in there where he said that it's possible that it can live, but not advisable. I see a flat statement that says it will live just fine, there is no problem using an aluminum impeller. Then a bunch of bragging about how much hp he has, how good a driver he is, how bitchen his set up is, and that he's the hero of the Phoenix crowd. Of course he had to qualify his statement with, "as long as the pump stays loaded", which means that his first statement was BS...otherwise he wouldn't have had to qualify it. Get it?
Here's another response by Tim.
Funny, I didn't see anywhere in there where he advised that the alunminum impeller is probably not the best choice for high hp applications, but for now, it'll get you by. I see more bragging, and more bragging, and then a little more bragging. Oh, and some BS about some aluminum being stronger than some mag bronze stuff. (Still waiting on the details of that statement)
That's coming from his "expertise".
Yep, I'd say he about covered it. "his way". If you think that's good insight, then that's your business. I know better. Why pick on a pro? You wnat to talk about credentials? What are yours? You install cable. Anything else? Do you race a boat? Do you run a buisness? Won any championships? Hold any records?
Bob Prigmore (bp) is a multi- national points champion, and was crewchief on one of the most progressive and successful jetboats ever run, and still holds records. He's a Pro. I don't pick on Bob.
Garry Snow (SDBA069) is one of, if not THE most knowledgable and successful racers in the SDBA. Garry's list of boats and accomplishments are too numerous to list, on water, and on pavement. He's a Pro. I don't pick on him.
There are others here that are Pro's (with credentials) that seem to agree that telling someone that, because they have an alum. impeller that lived behind 900 hp, and that it's "good advice", is just wrong, and bad advice. Their names come up in the circle of guys who know what they're doing, and who are going to give you good advice. In the years that I've been doing this, Timinator's name has never come up in those discussions, for whatever reason. I don't consider challanging him on HIS statements as a "pro" as you call him, picking on him. I'm just more outspoken about it than most, as you might have guessed by now. (see my signature line, since you brought it up...I'm not here to worry about what you or anyone else thinks of me.) I have no problem with a little ego, either, unless it replaces good advice or common sense, as I believe it did in this instance, and decided to say so. If you want to chalange me personally, do it personally. That's what PM's are for. If you want to challange the issue of impellers, then do that here. I'm not challanging Timo, nor picking on him, personally, just the content of his posts and his advice.
Timinator 'bout covered it" too dont you think steelcomp?? He let you know what worked as HE did it to back it up no? He answered the guys question using his expertise bottom line. The guy wants to know if he can "get by" for a while until he can get stainless or bronze i thought. Timinator posted good insight on the subject. I noticed you try to toot your horn and everyone around you's horn too when you post....your just a bit more "slick" at it and you think it's ok. Why pick on a pro? If there is a little ego involved....so what? You got ego too and alot of it...must be a CA thing? Maybe it's BS or maybe not what timinator did. With his credentials i wouldn't think so. Has nothing to do with the " i knew a guy that knew a guy" stuff. Give a little respect will ya? What about that 900hp CP that runs an aluminum impeller in the other post....might as well pick on him too. Has to be BS too since your so smart. Maybe you should study your signature line a bit more. :idea:
rondane

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-19-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a revlimiter on my boat and it was set 200 r's over my wot r's. The fact is that if the pump onloads "which it will" then it will die! All my clearences were set and it still died! Hell, Im not even close to 1000hp. My word of advice.....BUY A BRONZE IMPELLER and forget about it! Do it right the first time and never worry about it;) Thats what I did.........
WHy do people use stainless props on eggbeater boats.........because they LIVE!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
02-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Mikey mashes the go peddle past the wood.

Taylorman
02-19-2006, 08:35 PM
You took the words out of my mouth.

Taylorman
02-19-2006, 08:38 PM
L J
A MB or Ss impeller costs alot less than a 900 hp motor.

steelcomp
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
It costs alot less than a 900 hp motor.+1

TIMINATOR
02-20-2006, 08:25 AM
I never said to install an aluminum impeller, the way the question was put was I have it in there now, can I get by with it for a while? I beat the hell out of my aluminum impeller for 3+ years, it lasted fine. Again as I stated if it loads properly it will be fine. If you don't know how to tell if it is loaded, you probably have trouble.
I notice that personal attacks are ok if the person is not your friend. You may now pay for my opinion. Like everybody else. If you don't want it, don't pay for it. I noticed that some people are wonderful by who lets them hang around, not by what they have done. End of story. Duane: are all aluminum impellers of the same quality? How about mag-bronze? I know you know the answer, but you also seem to keep quiet about it. TIMINATOR

Rondane
02-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Mr. Rondane, I don't know who you are, or where you come from, but I've been following most of your posts, (all 34 of them), since you started here, and one thing I've noticed. You really have very little first hand advice or input to offer on most subjects. Instead, you just stick your nose in a thread, and just like a little groupie, decide who's side you're going to take, and start in with the BS and drama. Just like this thread, exactly. You're what I call a shi t stirrer.
DITTO! The only difference is....you have 4000 posts. What do you do all day sit on this computer at what you call "work"??? You like alot of guys follow a template to success. Nothing wrong with that but you have no right to pick on guys that arent "mentioned" all the time in "your circles" and belittle their credibility. Thats just wrong. For all you know timinator could make your boat quicker than the people you use right now. Ever think about that? You'd be the redheaded stepchild then so dont think about that option.
Lets stay on topic, and look at Timo's first response to the question.
yes do so and dont TWIST words to make your point. Like some of your 4000 posts have done on a REGULAR basis. Timinator answered the question as it was asked.
I don't see anywhere in there where he said that it's possible that it can live, but not advisable. I see a flat statement that says it will live just fine, there is no problem using an aluminum impeller. Then a bunch of bragging about how much hp he has, how good a driver he is, how bitchen his set up is, and that he's the hero of the Phoenix crowd. Of course he had to qualify his statement with, "as long as the pump stays loaded", which means that his first statement was BS...otherwise he wouldn't have had to qualify it. Get it?
Funny, I didn't see anywhere in there where he advised that the alunminum impeller is probably not the best choice for high hp applications
HE ANSWERED THE QUESTION AS IT WAS ASKED, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. Again, Dont twist the words around to help your drama.
If you think that's good insight, then that's your business. I know better. Why pick on a pro? You wnat to talk about credentials? What are yours? You install cable. Anything else? Do you race a boat? Do you run a buisness? Won any championships? Hold any records?
oh now were gonna sling mud now eh jackass? Credentials? Didnt know it was a requirment to post here? You can post and what do you have? Not much but a big mouth on a wanna be racer. Yes i install cable but have been "around" the race circle for a few years in this area if you must know. I've seen some of the crazy shit don and others pump guys and even the racers put together to test and push the envelope. Not that they would recommend to a normal joe to use but they arent "hiding" it either. Someone could EASILY see it at a race and try it on their boat. For example..... "Where did you get that? Oh i "saw" mr. bigraceguy runnin it on his boat, it looked cool so i figured i'd try it" Sound familiar?? Are you gonna say thats not done on a regular basis? Anyways, as far as knowing better...what do you really know?? What are you credentials,records and whatever else jackass? What do you do for a living? Are you truly a rocket scientist or one of those guys who hang at a pump and motor shop all day then come on here and post for the rest of it like you know something? I dont see you post anything new or different regarding your boat just whats already been done. Hell man i dont even think you did your own pump did ya? Your a follower in disguise although you try to come off like your something. Timinator is not the only "pro" you have picked on. You even belittle guys that make the actual parts i notice. Thats just plain wrong. If it' makes you feel big to belittle guys who do this for a living than have at it. Get a life.

steelcomp
02-20-2006, 08:53 AM
LOL!! I rest my case. :rolleyes:
Great technical input there, Rondane.

jweeks123
02-20-2006, 11:27 AM
blah, blah, blah
blah, blah, blah
what a waste of keystrokes :mad:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Did I hear strokes??? :) :) :)

steelcomp
02-20-2006, 11:34 AM
what a waste of keystrokes :mad:
...and your contribution to the waste! :mad: LOL!

Taylorman
02-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Oh yea. I've been running my 455 on Nitro at 8000 rpms with an aluminum impeller for the past 3 years in the offshore racing circuit with a psi blower, never had an unload so its holding up fine. Everyone should have an alum impeller. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Give me a break, why would someone who had the cash to run 900 hp run an alum impeller? Thats like putting the plastic wal mart spinner rims on an Escalade.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-20-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm making popcorn..... BYOB Bring Yer Own Bowls. :rolleyes:

Liberator TJ1984
02-20-2006, 03:52 PM
I like mine with extra Butter and a twist of Lime :argue:
Back to the question , I had an Al. "A" in my boat with just a 177 Blower winging it to 6k and running it at the lake where hitting rollers and waves it would load/unload ....Noticed the bearing starting to rattle a litte so we pulled the pump down to rebuild and found the impeller was starting to get stress cracks along the leading edges of the vanes , at this time da mota was makin' No Powr as you might say maybe 450/500hp or less ??
But I was lucky and the previous owner of the boat also gave me a AA stainless which we went back with, would I use another Aluminium impeller ?
NO ! if your motor is tuned right and blower setup good , you will notice it will RPM like Right NOW ! It sure would hurt alot more to skimp on something right now ...as the saying goes you can pay now or Pay Alot Later if something does happen .. :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats like putting the plastic wal mart spinner rims on an Escalade.
Oh yeah! :D :D

FILUCKY
02-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I'd definitaly run a SS impeller, personaly i would skip over the mag/bronze and go right to SS. ya its a couple hundred more but in the case you suck up a rock and damage the impeller you can weld and repair SS, not Mag/bronze. :)

sanger rat
02-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Mag/bronze can be welded. :)

sleekcrafter
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Mag/bronze can be welded. :)
Hey you were not supposed to tell :crossx:
Sleek

sanger rat
02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Sorry Sleek :p

FILUCKY
02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey Sanger ya pulling my leg? :rollside: I was told by several people that Mag/bronze couldent be welded so i bought SS. If it can be welded is it a strong weld? It always sucks to spend a coulpe hundred more then you need to. :cry:

sanger rat
02-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey Sanger ya pulling my leg?
Nope. Yes they can be welded.

sleekcrafter
02-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes it can be welded, you should see my brother inlaws skiboat props, he has five of them, getting cycled thru the prop shop, at any given time :) Thats what happens, when you run a two foot deep river, with an inboard skiboat.
Sleek

FILUCKY
02-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys, this is good to know. :)

cyclone
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I had a heritage bronze impeller welded and it cracked around the repaired areas later on.

steelcomp
02-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I had a heritage bronze impeller welded and it cracked around the repaired areas later on.I'm pretty sure the only way to properly weld something like that is by furnace welding, which isn't typically done in your local welding shop. Otherwise, I think you'll just continue to get those cracks around the repair.

American Turbine Man
02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I would like to state that our 17-4PH stainless impellers are $999.00 retail not $1100.00 as stated above.
Also I would like to add: just because a impeller looks brass colored doesn't mean it is aluminum bronze or manganese bronze there are a few brass alloys that are not nearly as strong as heat treated aluminum.
It has been my experience that the most pitted ugly bronze impellers are the strongest, which is about half the strength of 17-4PH stainless. What I trying to say is that the strongest bronze alloys don't make very pretty sandcast impellers.
ATM
<*))))><{

sdba069
02-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Dallas........... Generally, the mag bronze runs about half the price of the SS. Your new drag boat has a Dominator stainless that I used to run in a couple of my old drag boats. It's always performed exceptionally well. I haven't bought a SS impeller from AT in a while, but the last one I did buy, retailed at around $1200.

Cs19
02-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Thats the ultimate "loaded question".
I would advise getting a better impeller along with a better pump shaft just to be on the safe side.
Cs19

jweeks123
02-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I would like to state that our 17-4PH stainless impellers are $999.00 retail not $1100.00 as stated above.
ATM
<*))))><{my friends have been quoted 1089 for your stainles by local dealers. are those dealrs overpricing. can i tell my buddies to buy direct from you
jw

jrod
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Smart money is a mag bronze or SS. Not to say you might get by for a while, but odds are against you. The 2 phrases, "blown big block in a jet boat", and " take it easy", have no business in the same story.
That's a great quote I am still laughing over that one, thanks ......

bp
02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
lottsa great quotes in this thread.
beef the pump up to take more abuse than you could possibly dream you'd ever give it. take care of it, and you should have no worries for a long time.

kraig
02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Well with my small block chevy that makes almost 209hp my alumiumn sand speader works just fine :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Jet Hydro
02-23-2006, 07:17 AM
alumiumn sand Where can I get some of that alumiumn sand ? Next, what would I use it for? :220v: :crossx: :)

NJBA Donut Club
02-24-2006, 02:48 PM
DITTO! The only difference is....you have 4000 posts. What do you do all day sit on this computer at what you call "work"??? You like alot of guys follow a template to success. Nothing wrong with that but you have no right to pick on guys that arent "mentioned" all the time in "your circles" and belittle their credibility. Thats just wrong. For all you know timinator could make your boat quicker than the people you use right now. Ever think about that? You'd be the redheaded stepchild then so dont think about that option.
yes do so and dont TWIST words to make your point. Like some of your 4000 posts have done on a REGULAR basis. Timinator answered the question as it was asked.
HE ANSWERED THE QUESTION AS IT WAS ASKED, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. Again, Dont twist the words around to help your drama.
oh now were gonna sling mud now eh jackass? Credentials? Didnt know it was a requirment to post here? You can post and what do you have? Not much but a big mouth on a wanna be racer. Yes i install cable but have been "around" the race circle for a few years in this area if you must know. I've seen some of the crazy shit don and others pump guys and even the racers put together to test and push the envelope. Not that they would recommend to a normal joe to use but they arent "hiding" it either. Someone could EASILY see it at a race and try it on their boat. For example..... "Where did you get that? Oh i "saw" mr. bigraceguy runnin it on his boat, it looked cool so i figured i'd try it" Sound familiar?? Are you gonna say thats not done on a regular basis? Anyways, as far as knowing better...what do you really know?? What are you credentials,records and whatever else jackass? What do you do for a living? Are you truly a rocket scientist or one of those guys who hang at a pump and motor shop all day then come on here and post for the rest of it like you know something? I dont see you post anything new or different regarding your boat just whats already been done. Hell man i dont even think you did your own pump did ya? Your a follower in disguise although you try to come off like your something. Timinator is not the only "pro" you have picked on. You even belittle guys that make the actual parts i notice. Thats just plain wrong. If it' makes you feel big to belittle guys who do this for a living than have at it. Get a life.
Great response, I think you just about covered it

SmokinLowriderSS
02-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Great response, I think you just about covered it
Too bad all 18 of your responses send out the "idiot troll alert". This one is the smartest thing you posted all day. Someone else post it for ya? I'm betting so. :rolleyes:

LVjetboy
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Aluminum impeller: $300
Stainless: $1100
650 hp engine: ?
Getting pitched with your wife at 90 mph+ then sinking your jet: Priceless.
jer

LVjetboy
02-24-2006, 08:32 PM
BTW, I've run both aluminum and stainless. I've also been a customer of Don's Pump Service in Ohio and MPD in California. My comments have nothing to do with this east vs west or one shop vs another BS some like Donut seem to imply. Liberator from Texas mentioned stress cracks in his alumimum impeller blades. Duane, a midwest pro cautioned against it. So have others with experience. Hard to discount that in favor of saving $800.
On the track, safety crew and no pax, regular tear down and inspection....you can push the limits on anything.
But 650 hp to an aluminum impeller in jrod's lake boat? Ya it'll survive just fine if he's careful. If he let's off the throttle over those rollers. If his setup doesn't cavitate the hell out of it on launch or he always eases into it. And maybe if he doesn't wait too long to upgrade before those stress cracks. And...so on. Everyone drives different and lake conditions are unpredictable. Would anyone feel good recommending aluminum for 650 hp?
I thought that's what jrod ask.
jer

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Aluminum impeller: $300
Stainless: $1100
650 hp engine: ?
Getting pitched with your wife at 90 mph+ then sinking your jet: Priceless.
jer
AMEN;)

FLEA DIDDY
02-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I ran out of popcorn on the second page, 2.5 pages of "your an idiot newb" A few peeps beating there chest cuz they have 10,000 post. typical ***boat attitude. :rolleyes:
The way I see it, did the guy really need to ask the question in the first place. That's like wondering if you should run stock iron heads no port job vs. a set of Alum. hogged out big valve heads. Shit better is better anyway you stretch it. just my .02 but I'm a newb from a post count point of view :rolleyes:

beerjet
02-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I ran out of popcorn on the second page, 2.5 pages of "your an idiot newb" A few peeps beating there chest cuz they have 10,000 post. typical ***boat attitude. :rolleyes:
The way I see it, did the guy really need to ask the question in the first place. That's like wondering if you should run stock iron heads no port job vs. a set of Alum. hogged out big valve heads. Shit better is better anyway you stretch it. just my .02 but I'm a newb from a post count point of view :rolleyes:
So I'm not alone on this :idea:

LVjetboy
02-25-2006, 12:11 AM
FLEA DIDDY, first; who cares about post count, you? No really. Post count depends on how long you've posted, how long you stay, and how much content you offer. Someone new to the forum can be more informative than someone who trolls with a high post count and one-liners with no content. Those who take the time to post content may post less. Who cares about post count? Idiots maybe.
I think Jrod ask a good question regardless of post count. I could care less about your post count or mine. That said...His question was, "will an aluminum impellar will take a 468 with a 6-71 blower making 650 hp? I know probably that hard launches are not going to help it. But can it live back there until I get a stainless?"
His question was not, "Should I run stock iron heads no port job vs. a set of Alum. hogged out big valve heads." Head metal has nothing to do with impeller metal or his question.
Jrod's original post had to do with impeller safety as in aluminum impeller vs other metals at a relatively high power (650) Not alumimum vs steel head performance if I remember right. And ya, maybe it's good he ask it in the first place. Do you lump all parts together no matter their function based on material alone? Or do you compare the value of aluminum heads the same as an alumimum impeller?
jer

FLEA DIDDY
02-25-2006, 06:53 AM
FLEA DIDDY, first; who cares about post count, you? No really. Post count depends on how long you've posted, how long you stay, and how much content you offer. Someone new to the forum can be more informative than someone who trolls with a high post count and one-liners with no content. Those who take the time to post content may post less. Who cares about post count? Idiots maybe.
I think Jrod ask a good question regardless of post count. I could care less about your post count or mine. That said...His question was, "will an aluminum impellar will take a 468 with a 6-71 blower making 650 hp? I know probably that hard launches are not going to help it. But can it live back there until I get a stainless?"
His question was not, "Should I run stock iron heads no port job vs. a set of Alum. hogged out big valve heads." Head metal has nothing to do with impeller metal or his question.
Jrod's original post had to do with impeller safety as in aluminum impeller vs other metals at a relatively high power (650) Not alumimum vs steel head performance if I remember right. And ya, maybe it's good he ask it in the first place. Do you lump all parts together no matter their function based on material alone? Or do you compare the value of aluminum heads the same as an alumimum impeller?
jerHuh? My post was'nt directed at Jrod at all. Did you read every post? Post count does'nt mean shiat, around here most the time it does. If you read every post you'll see why I posted what I did. Point being if you have less than less than a 100 post and you stick your head out around here it'll get chopped off. Read all the post and come talk to me.
Also I know what his question was, But it does'nt take a engineer to figure out that he should run a mag/bron or an SS on a blown engine.
As far as the head statement good greif it's something to compare. You don't run a ALUMINUM impellar on a engine like that, Just like you wanted run stock iron passenger car heads on a blown setup, It's just a matter of time before it goes to shiat.

boater012
02-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics: Even if you win you're still retarded! This statement was not meant to offend anyone just simply inserted to bring us back to what ***boat is about. Info and having fun! Some people rely on this forum for information regarding there boats, others that dont live in cali work on there boats all winter and come here for relief from the little woman, and to get a taste of boating in december. Because they have 3 feet of snow they have to go shovel before they can go to work! I dont think jrod is stupid and can make judgements as to what is or isnt good advice. I wouldnt personally run an aluminum impellor in his particualr application, But if i was broke and couldnt afford to put a nice stainless impellor in my boat( probably because id just shot my whole wad building a 650 horse blower motor!). Id make a few runs with it and save my pennies until I could afford one. I have been broke in this life more times than I care to mention and so maybe I have a little different opinion than most. Is the stainless impellor the best way to go? Obviously! does jrod believe that he will run an aluminum impellor forever? I dont think so! His question lets you know hes knowledgable enough to realize he needs the stainless impellor. If I had a 650 horse blower motor ready to run with a new pump you couldnt keep me off the lake. and my money would be on most of us on a budget would be out there running the boat knowing we needed more goodies to make it right but having fun and loving our boat in the meantime! Im not bashing anyone or anyones opinion im simply stating my opinion! jrod you know you need the stainless impellor to have the boat be right and safe long term! your question was: will it survive until I can afford a stainless one? the answer is: Thats up to you and how hard you need or want to run it. Its a risk to not only your motor but also your boat and possibly your life. I see all sides of this debate I too went through a couple bags of microwave popcorn during this post. im not reccomending you do or dont run the boat as is. take my statement for what it is! just that a statement as to what I personally would do. I like it here and wish we didnt take it personally when two people get into a heated argument over what THEY believe to be right! I dont think poorly of any parties involved in this. I have respect for the people on here who give out advice for FREE when they dont have to. They could just read these posts for entertainment and watch as boaters flail about and blow shit up! but they dont. they come on here day in and day out and give free advice to good boaters who are either not in a financial position to take it to a shop or are handy enough to do the work themselves but need advice to get it done right. I personally run a shop and my labor rate is $87.50 an hour im shocked that most people can afford boats. Do I know everything about boats? hell no and I never will. There are people on here that have more knowledge in their little finger than I will ever have, and thats why im here. Rant over! David Baker. Baker Marine

sanger rat
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
David, I'm guessing you ran out of popcorn. :D Well said.

DEL51
02-28-2006, 05:44 AM
Jer,I ran a billet anodized aluminum A on a blown 468. It was from a place out west, Precision Impeller, I think. I am now running a stainless impeller, new application. What do you and others think of the billet aluminum impellers? Is that company still in business? Thanks,Chris

NJBA Donut Club
02-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Too bad all 18 of your responses send out the "idiot troll alert". This one is the smartest thing you posted all day. Someone else post it for ya? I'm betting so. :rolleyes:
Hey pole smoker, or is it ass sniffer, whatever......seems you enjoy following people around to sniff their ass and post bullcrap.
Everywhere I, Rondane or anybody not mainstream post, there you are posting comments to try and fit in with the Donut Club. Don't you have any thoughts of your own, or are you just a pole smokin' ass sniffin' parrot.
I post what people like you are affraid to post, you want to be with the "IN" crowd and will never post what you really think.

FLEA DIDDY
02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey pole smoker, or is it ass sniffer, whatever......seems you enjoy following people around to sniff their ass and post bullcrap.
Everywhere I, Rondane or anybody not mainstream post, there you are posting comments to try and fit in with the Donut Club. Don't you have any thoughts of your own, or are you just a pole smokin' ass sniffin' parrot.
I post what people like you are affraid to post, you want to be with the "IN" crowd and will never post what you really think.Lol, it's either A or b team round here.

NJBA Donut Club
02-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Lol, it's either A or b team round here.
And the reason for that is............
Just like sheep, following the crowd.
Maybe the sheep analogy might help the pole smoker figure it out, you see he knows sheep quite well, I hear he plays spin the bottle with them everynight.

SmokinLowriderSS
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I post what people like you are affraid to post, you want to be with the "IN" crowd and will never post what you really think.
And I think, you are a flipping idiot .... and a troll. I post my opinion. You seem to think mine should be different, just to be different. You are not only an idiot, you are a fool. Is that original enough for ya donut-moron? No, I guess not. Seems a lot of people here think that.

NJBA Donut Club
02-28-2006, 03:28 PM
You mean a lot of sheep think that, let's keep the responses simple, something you can easily relate to.

FLEA DIDDY
02-28-2006, 04:02 PM
I need more popcorn, Brb. :rollside:

460 jus getn it
02-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I need more popcorn, Brb. :rollside:
dont waste your time...this njba guy needs his ass kick. he is blasting good people...what a low life..has nothing better to do then talk shit.he is all big and bad behind his keyboard, call him out and he runs like a bitch

SmokinLowriderSS
02-28-2006, 06:20 PM
He also pees sitting down .... like a bich. Wonder if THAT is simple enough for ... the bich. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :yuk:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
My response to the newbie remark......... I just said noobie because he has 40 something posts and comes on here to act like a clown! There are alot of newbies on here that have great and helpful info. On the other hand there are a few peeps on here that have been here longet than me with nothing!The fact is that some of them dont post anything a raped dogg would play with. My point is that if you can back up your posts with informative info then you can dish it out! IF not then SHUT THA F*CK UP! I have seen alot of good people come and go due to the amount of jackasses on here. I like majority of the peeps on here. I have done business with alot of peeps on here and there are alot of great peeps here. I can name 30+ that will give you the shirt off thier back......
just my .02 lil ole pennies;)
Now back to the bickering:D

Bigern
02-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah what he said, dos centavos.... :yuk:

DEL51
02-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Jer,I ran a billet anodized aluminum A on a blown 468. It was from a place out west, Precision Impeller, I think. I am now running a stainless impeller, new application. What do you and others think of the billet aluminum impellers? Is that company still in business? Thanks,Chris
I guess this question won't be addressed cause the thread went negative. Too Bad for ole DEL.

Cs19
02-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I guess this question won't be addressed cause the thread went negative. Too Bad for ole DEL.
i met the owner at the river last summer, interesting guy. anyways i think they are still in biz, i dont know enough about the product to comment though.I do know alot of the white water racers run their cnc impellers.

Oldsquirt
02-28-2006, 09:46 PM
... It was from a place out west, Precision Impeller, I think. I am now running a stainless impeller, new application. What do you and others think of the billet aluminum impellers? Is that company still in business? Thanks,Chris
Here's their website.......Precision Jet Drive (http://www.precisionjetdrive.com/)

boater012
02-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok i just got back from costco: the popcorn was on sale for 10.99 a case (I bought two!) so if anyone runs out before donut hole reveals his issues then hit me up. Im more than willing to share! :crossx:

DEL51
02-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Here's their website.......Precision Jet Drive (http://www.precisionjetdrive.com/)
I am very satisfied with my current setup. I sold the billet A for$450.00 to a friend and wanted some reasurance on quality from the people in the know. i removed it once and it had some anodize wear near the leading edges on the intake side. Thanks

SmokinLowriderSS
03-01-2006, 01:56 AM
I am very satisfied with my current setup. I sold the billet A for$450.00 to a friend and wanted some reasurance on quality from the people in the know. i removed it once and it had some anodize wear near the leading edges on the intake side. Thanks
As far as quality, I cannot comment as I have never used one, never even heard of such a beast till about a year ago, from a post on here. :idea:
I'd expect anodize wear on the leading edges, probably caused by some minor ammounts of cavitation under certain conditions, and i wouldn't worry a bit about that.

jrod
03-01-2006, 04:01 AM
I never meant for all of the drama to unfold on this question. I know that If I want to get out there and drag race with it that the alum. will self destruct. The whole post started because I just ordered a new warhawk tx-19. I already had a fresh berkley that was slated for the boat. I was going to take the 400 hp bbc that I already have to put in the boat to get on the water. Now the monkey wrench gets thrown in, I got a real good deal from a friend on a fresh blower motor that is going to pay for his divorce. You know a new boat looks so much better with a blower on it. The set up that I originally intended to start with has gone way off track. The boat is still being built right now and I still have to rig it once it gets here. So the $$$$ is going to be a little tight buying all of the little things that add up so quick. But I want to thank all of the guys that put meaningful posts on here to help guide me along. I just want to get on the water with it and when I can get the $$$$ go with a ss imp. and then really see what it will do .

centerhill condor
03-01-2006, 04:38 AM
just got back from the lake yesterday... I don't have 600 bhp just a simple old 454 with 301 hours.. and yesterday I inspected my impeller and noticed one of the blades is pulling away from the shaft. this causes a little noticeable vibration. hence, the inspection.
I wouldn't chance running a hot rod motor on an aluminum impeller... if the impeller energetically disassembles (explodes) it can wreck the housing and sink the boat. especially how a lot of guys rev the engines.
I'm thinking fatigue from spinning up and slowing down causes failure on these castings... add to that the force of the water pushing against the blades and failure is immenent.
my advice, wait and spend the money on an impeller that will handle the load.. as for me... the check book and me are headed to the rebuild shop...just in time for taxes! woo hoo.. :2purples:

Duane HTP
03-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Jrod,
People will still be arguing about the answer to your original question years from now. You will have to decide for yourself.
About 4 years ago I had a customer come in and ask me the same question about his boat. He had just got a new blow Chevy engine.
I advised him to get a bronze of SS impeller. His friends talked him into running it like it was, so he did.
Here is what happened three months down the road.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/Alum_Imp_Blown_Chevy.jpg
I guess the real question is, "Is your aluminum impeller going to last three days or three years?" Like here on the boards, Some get away with it, some don't!
You just have to make yourself comfortable and go on.

FLEA DIDDY
03-01-2006, 07:06 AM
I can understand the itch to take it out just like the next guy, but when you really think about if the impeller comes apart and the amount of damage that could result. A destroyed pump and impeller and maybe a sank boat, too much weight over my head.
This is what you do, start your boat in the driveway and have your wife spray you with the gardenhose until you get that ss impeller. Everything is safe and you'll have some fun. lol :rollside:

460 jus getn it
03-01-2006, 08:17 AM
I can understand the itch to take it out just like the next guy, but when you really think about if the impeller comes apart and the amount of damage that could result. A destroyed pump and impeller and maybe a sank boat, too much weight over my head.
This is what you do, start your boat in the driveway and have your wife spray you with the gardenhose until you get that ss impeller. Everything is safe and you'll have some fun. lol :rollside:
awwww hahahahahahahahahahaha......................... :D :D :D

Cs19
03-01-2006, 08:25 AM
uh, thats not good.
he must have stayed on the throttle after it broke with hopes that the problem would just go away. :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-01-2006, 08:38 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!! Thats very ugly! That pic makes my bones cringe.....

Heatseeker
03-01-2006, 09:02 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!! Thats very ugly! That pic makes my bones cringe.....
Me too!!
I'm calling Aggresser right now to ask when my M/B is going to be here!

SmokinLowriderSS
03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
That's the bowl I refered to way back on page something-or-other. It's no less scarry to look at in person. :cry:

NJBA Donut Club
03-01-2006, 03:23 PM
That's the bowl I refered to way back on page something-or-other. It's no less scarry to look at in person. :cry:
The only other thing you might call scary is the reflection you see in the mirror

SmokinLowriderSS
03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
The only other thing you might call scary is the reflection you see in the mirror
Your point being .................... Oh nevermind. You don't have one. Pathetic as usual. Some things are timeless. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: