PDA

View Full Version : To the bastard that almost ran me over....

DUCKY
07-21-2007, 11:11 PM
If you read this I am sure you will remember the incident. You left Site 6 tonight headed North, I think it was around 9pm. You were traveling about 70mph in what appeared to be a 25-28ft v-bottom. You headed right for the back of a pontoon boat, and just turned at the last second, close enough to spray us. You then didn't even have the sense of mind to stop, or hell, even back out of the throttle. You very nearly killed me, my wife, and my dog. You sir, whoever you are, are an asshole and are not qualified to own a boat. Thank you for giving me one of the only true experiences of fear I have ever had in a boat. It's people like you (most likely drunk off your ass) and your failure to seek out and use common sense that are causing these accidents that result in the stripping of our rights as boaters, and our soaring insurance costs. If you read this, do us all a favor. Please sell your boat immediately and schedule an appointment for a vasectomy to prevent the spreading of your seed and possible further infection of the gene pool.

Outnumbered
07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
If you read this I am sure you will remember the incident. You left Site 6 tonight headed North, I think it was around 9pm. You were traveling about 70mph in what appeared to be a 25-28ft v-bottom. You headed right for the back of a pontoon boat, and just turned at the last second, close enough to spray us. You then didn't even have the sense of mind to stop, or hell, even back out of the throttle. You very nearly killed me, my wife, and my dog. You sir, whoever you are, are an asshole and are not qualified to own a boat. Thank you for giving me one of the only true experiences of fear I have ever had in a boat. It's people like you (most likely drunk off your ass) and your failure to seek out and use common sense that are causing these accidents that result in the stripping of our rights as boaters, and our soaring insurance costs. If you read this, do us all a favor. Please sell your boat immediately and schedule an appointment for a vasectomy to prevent the spreading of your seed and possible further infection of the gene pool.
That sux. Did you have a chance to get the CF #'s?

DUCKY
07-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I wish. I would have turned him in immediately. Would have been an OUI for sure. My mind was more occupied with whether or not to bail out or hit the deck and pray. Hitting the deck won and was a good choice.

Outnumbered
07-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Glad no one was hurt.

Titan7
07-21-2007, 11:32 PM
That f-ing blows. It's this kind of thing that always make me wonder about whether I want continuing to boating. There are just so many people OUI and doing dumb crap like this. People playing stupid with a 3-5 thousand pound boat @ 50-60mph scares the sh-t out of me. I have seen too many close calls at havasu.

BigDogIvan
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Man I hate Jack A$$'s like that!!!! Can you at least give a detail of what the boat looked like? Color? Size? Possible make? I know these are tough question's but would help find the jack A$$ and possible justice.

HighRoller
07-22-2007, 12:31 AM
This is why I won't do Havasu on a weekend anymore. I could write 20 of those letters just from the last Saturday I spent in the gorge. Something about a dumbass in a 25 Daytona with a blower motor trying to race a Sea-Doo and passing me on the right AS HE'S COMING AT ME with his drive trimmed up so far his rig is doing a BoatFloating act and his engine is bouncing off the rev limiter.
Oh and the tool in the 40ft offshore boat with his goggle wearing buddies who thought they were Sonny Crockett. Thanks for running me nearly onto the shore because you don't know what chine walk is. I did enjoy watching you get a ticket and an OUI later in the day because the cops don't like boats with 6" dry pipes revving their engines under the bridge! Dumbass.:D :D

BoatPI
07-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Be forewarned,,,,,,, I cannot tell you how many claims involving injuy that I have investigated off of Site 6. In my opinion that is the most dangerious part of Havasu, and it always involves speed.

NashvilleBound
07-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Good post....more than that im glad no one was hurt.

SummerBreeze
07-22-2007, 05:57 AM
You see and hear more and more of this type of thing.
What is wrong with people
I bet you will stay away from the site 6 area.
Glad you guys are okay

32sunrkt
07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
ya gotta find a cove or very well established no wake zone.. Site six is just trouble wait'in to happen....

CORONA&LIME
07-22-2007, 06:10 AM
I haven't been Havasu...three reasons; I think my boat might be to small 21' I have two young boys and cr@p like this.

INSman
07-22-2007, 06:33 AM
I haven't been Havasu...three reasons; I think my boat might be to small 21' I have two young boys and cr@p like this.
We would love to have you, but a 21' boat is rarely fun on Havasu.

Mattman
07-22-2007, 06:40 AM
A 21' boat is great for Havasu during the week starting the day after Labor Day thru March.:D

Not So Fast
07-22-2007, 06:42 AM
This is why I won't do Havasu on a weekend anymore. I could write 20 of those letters just from the last Saturday I spent in the gorge. Something about a dumbass in a 25 Daytona with a blower motor trying to race a Sea-Doo and passing me on the right AS HE'S COMING AT ME with his drive trimmed up so far his rig is doing a BoatFloating act and his engine is bouncing off the rev limiter.
Oh and the tool in the 40ft offshore boat with his goggle wearing buddies who thought they were Sonny Crockett. Thanks for running me nearly onto the shore because you don't know what chine walk is. I did enjoy watching you get a ticket and an OUI later in the day because the cops don't like boats with 6" dry pipes revving their engines under the bridge! Dumbass.:D :D
This has become so common place on Havasu on weekends that nobody even mentions it much anymore. :( With the inexperienced operators on both PWC's and boats plus the sheer numbers, well its becoming very OVERCROWDED and that multiplies the number of instances, SAD Isnt it??? :( NSF

shueman
07-22-2007, 06:44 AM
I still don't understand high speed boating in the dark...:)

RitcheyRch
07-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Glad to hear no one was hurt. Scary situation to be placed in thats for sure.

Mattman
07-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Hey NSF, didn't you mention a few weeks ago how you weren't doing the night boating thing anymore? I remember people telling you why it's so great and I agree, it can be. Problem is you can be doing everything right out there and all it takes is one D-HEAD like this to fock everything up. I think I'm with you when it comes to staying off the water during the late hours.

Warlockjer
07-22-2007, 07:14 AM
That sux. Did you have a chance to get the CF #'s?
Notice he said CF#s, not AZ#s.........Figures:)

alltruckeredout
07-22-2007, 07:15 AM
i had a similar, low speed incident at my lake. i was getting the ski rope stretched out at idle speed. this blind and/or drunk was heading out of the mouth of the cove we were at. i honked my horn as he was too close...no response. i honked my horn three more times...no response. he was literally coming right at me at about 30 yards, looking behind his boat at a jet ski he was towing. so i stood up and yelled at him, "HEY", and he finally realizes i'm there! how are these guys allowed to operate boats?:confused:

DUCKY
07-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I wish I would have caught some numbers or colors, but it was just too dark. Since moving to Havasu, my weekend boat has been cut back to almost zero, but my Mom was here and we wanted to take her out on the lake so we figured an afternoon/evening trip would be okay. It probably would have been fine but with Windsor closed, Site 6 and surrounding areas were a mess until nearly midnight. It just blows my mind that with that kind of traffic, in the dark, that this guy chose to drive as fast as he did.

Not So Fast
07-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey NSF, didn't you mention a few weeks ago how you weren't doing the night boating thing anymore? I remember people telling you why it's so great and I agree, it can be. Problem is you can be doing everything right out there and all it takes is one D-HEAD like this to fock everything up. I think I'm with you when it comes to staying off the water during the late hours.
No shit Mattman, Its just getting worse by the day, I even had an episode on Thursday at 4 pm with a gentleman trying to put his pontoon on the trailer, after 7 attempts which took about 25 minutes I'm afraid I had a meltdown of which I'm not too proud of but it happened nonetheless and why, BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING and it was affecting me, my family (grand daughter also), my boat and everyone else at the ramp trying to get on or off the water. Patience is not a strong virtue of mine., especially when it comes to stupidity :( Oh yeah boating is a daytime thing for me uhhuh!!! Peace NSF

2Driver
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33792&stc=1&d=1182803654
Did same to me and then ran up on my buddy towing his kids on a tube. Very very close.

Outnumbered
07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Notice he said CF#s, not AZ#s.........Figures:)
Freudian slip:D

STV_Keith
07-22-2007, 07:54 PM
That's one reason I will NOT do Havi at night. Parker, yes...but not Havi. At least during the day, you can see them coming and make your move.

Kachina26
07-23-2007, 03:44 AM
We would love to have you, but a 21' boat is rarely fun on Havasu.
Shame, it used to be.

NashvilleBound
07-23-2007, 04:41 AM
Shame, it used to be.
Aint that the truth!

shueman
07-23-2007, 05:06 AM
Aint that the truth!
Mid-week is still good...;)

INSman
07-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Shame, it used to be.
I loved my 23' Dana and what a breeze to clean coming off the ramp, but we took some lickings and hence the boat we have now. :(

THEPISTONHEAD
07-23-2007, 07:40 AM
I can remeber so many good times boating on Havasu and since moving away in the military all I dream of is getting back to AZ to enjoy the boating scene but after I keep reading all of these incidents which seem to be growing in numbers, I am scared to death that I will be hurt or that the law will impose serious restictions on boating because of these douch bags! Its frustrating to read these incidents. Glad everyone faired o.k..........I love drinking beer and hanging out on the boat as much as the next guy, but we need to maintain some responsability before our freedoms are stripped. Sorry for ranting, im just disappointed in people who have more money then sense!

Water Romper
07-23-2007, 07:53 AM
This sucks!
If this happened to me, there would be a good chance that he would have sunk my boat..."close enough to get sprayed"??? BullS%#*T !! To bad you couldn't have met up with him later...:mad: :mad:
Now for a question...
If you reported this idiot to the water cops, is there anything they could do (if they had NOT witnessed the stupidity?) it would be your word against his….
Just thinking about this gets my blood going!
Glad all are ok…

WYRD
07-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Sucks to hear but glad it turned out good, now I am just waiting to hear fastfreddy start a thread "I smoked a tri-toon":D

DUCKY
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Reporting it probably wouldn't do any good, since I didn't get a good look at the boat. I can just hope that he happens to read this, and take my "advice", and anyone else who reads this will think before pushing the stick down in the darkness. Either way, I have spent many a evening out on the water, and this incident will not change that. I will definitely be investing in a bigger, brighter stern light, maybe even a strobe when the new boat goes together. (the pontoon I was driving was borrowed).

Water Romper
07-24-2007, 08:20 AM
.......so I am floating in my boat, idiot boater cuts so close to me that he "swamps" my boat, my boat sinks, I tell local LEO's and nothing happens..
Just great.:mad: