PDA

View Full Version : Odd question but, anyone out there w/ some Boss 429 parts ?

1968Droptop
02-18-2006, 08:46 AM
A buddy of mine is having a Blown Boss 9 built at a machine shop. Their not far from breaking it in and tuning it on the dyno. But he's got a small problem, no headers. He needs to find a pair to rent/borrow for a week. He would just buy a set, but he's putting the engine in his `79 F-150 4X4 show truck and he has to have the headers mocked up and built for the application. A race shop in MN. is putting the engine together, and we live in WA state. So he's got no way of getting the headers built until the engine is here, but it's being broke in n tuned there. Anyone out there know of anything that may be able to help him out ?

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 09:00 AM
A buddy of mine is having a Blown Boss 9 built at a machine shop. Their not far from breaking it in and tuning it on the dyno. But he's got a small problem, no headers. He needs to find a pair to rent/borrow for a week. He would just buy a set, but he's putting the engine in his `79 F-150 4X4 show truck and he has to have the headers mocked up and built for the application. A race shop in MN. is putting the engine together, and we live in WA state. So he's got no way of getting the headers built until the engine is here, but it's being broke in n tuned there. Anyone out there know of anything that may be able to help him out ?
Not in WA. If you were in So Cal maybe.
Anyone know of Glenwood logs for a 429?
Brian

1968Droptop
02-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Not in WA. If you were in So Cal maybe. Anyone know of Glenwood logs for a 429? Brian
He needs them in MN., and is willing to rent and pay shipping costs to n from ?

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 09:52 AM
He needs them in MN., and is willing to rent and pay shipping costs to n from ?
Nah,
I highly doubt they are going in a box.
Brian

roostwear
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I've got my spare set of Boss 9 roadster headers. They are equal length 2", but long collector. How long and when does he need them? The only reason I would need them back quick is I get popped for running the zoomies on the street.

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I've got my spare set of Boss 9 roadster headers. They are equal length 2", but long collector. How long and when does he need them? The only reason I would need them back quick is I get popped for running the zoomies on the street.
Boss 429 headers will fit a 460 Roost?
Brian

roostwear
02-18-2006, 11:23 AM
The original headers were for the Blown 9 in the roadster originally. The difference between the boss exh ports and standard is the bolt width across the port. The port centerlines are the same, just the Boss ports have a wider bolt spacing. The headers on the roadster when you rode in it were the Boss headers. You can only put 4 bolts per header on though. :cry:

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 12:52 PM
The original headers were for the Blown 9 in the roadster originally. The difference between the boss exh ports and standard is the bolt width across the port. The port centerlines are the same, just the Boss ports have a wider bolt spacing. The headers on the roadster when you rode in it were the Boss headers. You can only put 4 bolts per header on though. :cry:
Okden.
I was starting to think the bolt patterns were the same.
Brian

1968Droptop
05-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Well a possible date has been set. Just need to find some way to get some ex. manifolds/headers. Anyone have any ideas ??? Thanks all.

b's sanger
05-06-2006, 08:16 PM
try ebay

BOOGEYMAN
05-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Buy a set from summit, have them shipped to the shop to use then clean them up and return them or sell them on e-bay.

1968Droptop
05-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Buy a set from summit, have them shipped to the shop to use then clean them up and return them or sell them on e-bay.
Hey B what up ?, We've kept a watchful eye on E-Bay...no luck to date.
BOOGYMAN, never thought about Summit. They have headers for BOSS 9's ? We'll be checking that out today. Thanks for the tip !