PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Force hits the wall

copterzach
07-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Ashley tries to peddle and gets loose and ends up in the wall in Seatle. She climbed out on her own.

73kona455
07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
looked like a heck of a crash.. especially when the car started trying to do donuts in the center of the track after the initial impact..John looked very shook up about it..

Havasu1986
07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I guess she won't be at Fanatics gym here in Yorba Linda tomorrow doing her aerobics class. She looks alot different without all the make up. Same for the mom Laurie. :eek: :D

pw_Tony
07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I guess she won't be at Fanatics gym here in Yorba Linda tomorrow doing her aerobics class. She looks alot different without all the make up. Same for the mom Laurie. :eek: :D
I thought she lived in Texas?:confused:

MADDOG355
07-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Kinda worried about John, He didn't look good when he got on the golf cart.

OverKill
07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I know I just saw that. That is some scary S**T

RitcheyRch
07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Didnt see anything posted on NHRA.com

Havasu1986
07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I thought she lived in Texas?:confused:
Nope...She has a townhome across the freeway in Anaheim Hills. My personal trainer Nate is the guy on the show Driving Force.

LUVNLIFE
07-22-2007, 06:01 PM
They save it for the TV I imagine. Not only was it his daughter but I'm sure the accident gave flashbacks of earlier this year.

RitcheyRch
07-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Looks like the Finals are going to be my buddy jack Beckman against John Force.

ratso
07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Would you still "hit it"? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Jbb
07-22-2007, 06:27 PM
:p

Havasu1986
07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Which one...I would probably have a better chance with the mom. :eek: :D

ekimzark
07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Competitionplus.com had photos up real quick...
http://gallery.competitionplus.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=651268&g2
5 pages worth.... http://gallery.competitionplus.com/main.php?g2_itemId=651263

HighRoller
07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
That was scary, but John's grenade in the final was the most spectacular blowup I've ever seen!! The valves spitting out the right pipe was a nice touch as well.

hoolign
07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Competitionplus.com had photos up real quick...
http://gallery.competitionplus.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=651268&g2
5 pages worth.... http://gallery.competitionplus.com/main.php?g2_itemId=651263
I feel sorry for the one legged guy in field trying to get his balance:eek:

STV_Keith
07-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Beckman is the MAN. He was my instructor at Hawley's school in Pomona. Great guy and knows his shit (obviously).

RitcheyRch
07-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Been friends with him and his Brother, Ted for ages. Met them at the local street races back in the late 80's early 90's along with other racers such as Larry Dixon, Steve Johnson and Karen Stoffer.
Beckman is the MAN. He was my instructor at Hawley's school in Pomona. Great guy and knows his shit (obviously).

Cs19
07-22-2007, 08:39 PM
How bout Connelly in the final 6.64? I love seeing the Cagnazzi team kicking ass.
Ashleys wreck was insane, they said the padding in the cage saved her ass, apparently there was a dent in the foam from her helmet and the G's after hitting the wall were off the chart, she was lucky she didnt get hurt. I dont like seeing her in a funny car personally.
Drags were good otherwise.

TRG
07-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Her "NAKED" on the funny car,...i would not mind seeing!:sqeyes:
Glad to see her ok though!

MADDOG355
07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I think they said like 50Gs? She did a good job of keeping the car straight on her first pass, It looked like it spun most of the way down.
John still didn't seem right after his second pass, But after he blew up he seemed like the same old nut.

Cs19
07-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Seemed like force lost his marbles after her wreck..:eek:
I thought I heard 50 g's too but that sounded odd to me but i have no idea...

Bense468
07-22-2007, 10:19 PM
First rule of back pedaling a funny...get the car straight before laying back in the throttle. Jesus...
I agree with chris, I'm not a big fan of her in a funny, she has been doing a little better but I get nervous ever time she comes to the line and i'm not in a car next to her.

adjones419
07-23-2007, 05:15 AM
First rule of back pedaling a funny...get the car straight before laying back in the throttle. Jesus...
I agree with chris, I'm not a big fan of her in a funny, she has been doing a little better but I get nervous ever time she comes to the line and i'm not in a car next to her.
I can agree with that too. She's going to get someone killed, all for TV ratings and sponsors.

Cas
07-23-2007, 06:48 AM
that's what men were saying about Shirley Muldowney too. I think it's great for women to be out there racing.

sahuaritamama
07-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Glad she's okay.
Force Racing is having a hard year.

adjones419
07-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Force Racing is having a hard year.
Yes they are...I'm afraid John is going to have a stroke, heart attack, panic attack...you name it.

Baja Big Dog
07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
She has a wreck doing what she had been trained to do, and you want her head on a platter...come on....I was impressed with the outcome, just glad Im not the one that has to pay for a new car!!!!!:D
The old man shjit his pants in the final when his car imploded...that looked like quite the ride!!!!
Look for an airplane taking off from Yorba Linda real soon with a shit load of bodies and parts going up north.
PS Although she aint gonna be on the cover of any magazines, I wouild hit John's wife in a heartbeat!!:jawdrop:

sahuaritamama
07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=adjones419;2687099] John is going to have a stroke, heart attack, QUOTE]
I agree.

UltraStealth
07-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Been friends with him and his Brother, Ted for ages. Met them at the local street races back in the late 80's early 90's along with other racers such as Larry Dixon, Steve Johnson and Karen Stoffer.
That is funny. Small world. My uncle is friends with Jack.

RitcheyRch
07-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Definite small world.
That is funny. Small world. My uncle is friends with Jack.

Liberator TJ1984
07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
What happened to the Video link :(

BIGAMIST
07-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Ted is a F'n nut case train racin fool :D

RitcheyRch
07-23-2007, 12:43 PM
He sure was. Ted the Terror
Ted is a F'n nut case train racin fool :D

HighRoller
07-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes they are...I'm afraid John is going to have a stroke, heart attack, panic attack...you name it.
I actually thought he was about to check out when he sat down on the seat of the golf cart. One minute he's running around frantic and then he freezes up and turns white. Luckily it was just the emotions overcoming him.
I don't mind Ashley in a funny car, but I don't think her entourage is doing anything to subdue the drama level on the starting line. The instant she went up in smoke they all melted down. Then she hit the wall and they melted down again ten times worse and were crying and blubbering. I'm not saying you can't have emotions, but her Dad did the right thing-went into action and saved the emotions for afterwards. If you can't control your reactions you shouldn't be where people can see you because racing is a dangerous thing.
P.S. Kudos to Larry Dixon for being first on scene. All I want to know is where the hell he came from. Was his rig on the return road or something?

SBC 4 LIFE
07-23-2007, 05:44 PM
i was reading through the posts here and i see a few of you guys know some of the drivers or NHRA teams. any chance of gettin me a job on one of them? :) god i hate my job so much, im an electrician, 27 years old and id rather do something i love than be tortured working with a bunch of Fu*kin morons all day long. i mean i dont speak spanish so i shouldnt be there in the first place!! k sorry im done venting.
I sure wish i wouldnt have partied so much in college and actually finished!!

adjones419
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
If you can't control your reactions you shouldn't be where people can see you because racing is a dangerous thing.
That's my big reservation about Ashley being in a funny car. In one of her first races, she crossed the center line and about hit the car in the other lane (sorry, can't remember who). Then she gets out of the car on the return road and starts crying. But it's not her fault...yeah right.

HighRoller
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Every time she has an incident and her Mom/sisters/teeny bopper entourage all start freaking out I can't help but plagerize Tom Hanks from that baseball movie...
ARE YOU CRYING? THERE'S NO CRYING IN DRAG RACING!!!

HighRoller
07-23-2007, 06:18 PM
i was reading through the posts here and i see a few of you guys know some of the drivers or NHRA teams. any chance of gettin me a job on one of them? :) god i hate my job so much, im an electrician, 27 years old and id rather do something i love than be tortured working with a bunch of Fu*kin morons all day long. i mean i dont speak spanish so i shouldnt be there in the first place!! k sorry im done venting.
I sure wish i wouldnt have partied so much in college and actually finished!!
Funny you asked this, I entertain the notion every once in a while of getting a job with an NHRA team. The other day I was reading a National Dragster article about how to get your foot in the door. There's one thing that all the teams are looking for that will get you in faster than anything. Mechanical know how? No. Ability to field strip a 14-71? Nope. Welding prowess? Wrong.
All the teams are looking first and foremost for a guy with a CDL, spotless driving record and lots of driving experience. Actually, Austin Coil and Don Prudhomme both said they like people who are a bit green on the mechanical/racing side so they can mold them.
So get your ass to truck driving school then go live like a road dog for a couple years. Luckily I've done my time and one of these days when my budgkin gets old enough to travel I may sack up and pull the trigger.

Moneypitt
07-23-2007, 06:37 PM
P.S. Kudos to Larry Dixon for being first on scene. All I want to know is where the hell he came from. Was his rig on the return road or something?
Yes......TV interviews delay the drivers in the shutdown area.....He may have been in a golf cart headed back. The crews take the fuelers and jump on them quickly. In fact, the 75 minute deal was cut to 65 minutes because of threatening rain....I've seen suited up drivers walk into fire to drag drivers out. Says alot for the racing family...........MP

HighRoller
07-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Exactly. Who better to grab someone from a fire than a guy already wearing a firesuit. Kudos to Force for having their fire bottles aimed where they should be; at the driver.

adjones419
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Every time she has an incident and her Mom/sisters/teeny bopper entourage all start freaking out I can't help but plagerize Tom Hanks from that baseball movie...
ARE YOU CRYING? THERE'S NO CRYING IN DRAG RACING!!!
Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?

Mrs.Moose on the loose
07-31-2007, 08:44 PM
that's what men were saying about Shirley Muldowney too. I think it's great for women to be out there racing.
Thanks Cas I am having a blast racing and I have alot of support behind me, especially from Moose, he rocks.

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 09:25 PM
I feel sorry for the one legged guy in field trying to get his balance:eek:
You are an azzhole....:D:D:D