PDA

View Full Version : Burley Boat Races

SK48
06-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Any news from Burley ??

boatguy222
07-01-2002, 08:36 PM
Just got home,
The new ss-70 is one awesome race boat, Ty was 1 1/2 seconds faster than everyone else and swept.
GN had a good showing with Lance Haselrig winning both days, Boats from Texas and Florida ran in GN.
PS one of the Super Stock guys stepped up and won Sunday, But Bill Faulkner had a PS engine in the HOTER Carney, and ran the fastest time, and win the Saturday heats, then broke for Sunday, Dave Rankin was driving.
The Crackerboxes Danny Mang p-100, was the class of the field, and is the Western Divisional Champ again.
Comp Jet Glen Dilworth run around in front both days
There were a couple of mishaps, one of the Cracker had an engine lock-up and flipped on Saturday, both guys were OK. The GN-747 driver got pitched out in the first heat on Sunday, But came back to give Lance Haselrig all he wanted in the second heat of the day.
And Carl Loveless Flipped in the Finals of SS on Sunday, I saw him walking around later,(but I bet he is hurtin today!) Danny said the boat was ok to.
The Cuckoo's Nest Made a nice 202mph pass on Sunday, Look's like Tom is getting to twin screw deal worked out.
The Faulkners had a nice Tribute for Lance, Gordy Jennings drove K-69, Bill Faukner drove Hoter Carnery, And Ty drove Carnery Pride. It was very nice.
A very good weekend!!

Stab-n-Steer
07-02-2002, 05:56 AM
BoatGuy,
Thanks for the Burley report! I was bummed all weekend that I couldn't go. Do you remember what Cracker flipped?
S&S

boatguy222
07-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Stab-n-Steer:
BoatGuy,
Thanks for the Burley report! I was bummed all weekend that I couldn't go. Do you remember what Cracker flipped?
S&S
S&S
I reviewed the video we shot, and it wasn't on there, but I believe it was the P-28, but as you know the older you get the worse you memory gets.

Stab-n-Steer
07-02-2002, 01:41 PM
BoatGuy,
You are right, It was the P-28,that would be the silver and black "Renegade" boat... Just got the report from a friend.
Thanks again for the report.
S&S