PDA

View Full Version : 21 daytona with ot headers

gome inc.
07-23-2007, 05:13 AM
should i get lighting headers or can i insure it with the headersand if so what is the price difference between ot and transom thanks

Wozencraft
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
should i get lighting headers or can i insure it with the headersand if so what is the price difference between ot and transom thanks
I'm not sure what "lighting headers" are but it looks as if you are asking the insurance costs between o/t & t/t headers (through-transom). The difference in cost is not much, if any. It's more a matter of who will insure the boat with o/t headers. Most insurance companies do not want to touch boats with o/t headers. In my opinion, the main reason goes back to the early days in the 70's when small boats w/ o/t headers ruled the Parker Strip, lakes, etc. This is where the infamous title "River Rat" came from. This particular breed, generally speaking, was not the type of people insurance companies wanted to insure. Again, in my opinion to this day insurance companies still have a fear of these type of boats due to the stereotypes of the past. I often have to speak with underwriters for many of clients. I have to get across that my clients restored 1979 19' Southwind or 1973 18' Sleekcraft Rebel are used primarily as a hobby and for show, and NOT to pick up races up & down the Colorado with their styrofoam cooler in the back full of Schiltz.
Did this help? I would be happy to discuss further. If you give me your number I will call you at your convenience. Or you can contact my office at: 714-263-2626.
Thanks for your inquire!
Devin Wozencraft

squirt'nmyload
07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I have to get across that my clients restored 1979 19' Southwind or 1973 18' Sleekcraft Rebel are used primarily as a hobby and for show, and NOT to pick up races up & down the Colorado with their styrofoam cooler in the back full of Schiltz.
now thats funny :D :D :)

suckin&pumpin
07-29-2007, 06:06 PM
so then is there anyone who will a 70's with o/t?

Wozencraft
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
so then is there anyone who will a 70's with o/t?
Hello, is that a picture of your boat under your name? If so, it looks like a V-hull and there is a possibility of covering your boat if it's been fully restored. Plus, we would need an acceptable marine survey. If you don't have the survey, I could give you an indication on price and/or acceptability to insure from the insurance company first. If you PM me your number I would be happy to discuss further. Or, my office number is: 714-263-2626
Thanks for your inquire.
Devin Wozencraft

suckin&pumpin
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
I am totally stock never been touched except routine maintenance, but I would be willing to get a survey if its still possible