PDA

View Full Version : Cooling your water???

Havasu1
07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Ok, this maybe a dumb question. The water that comes out of the cold water faucet at my house in Havi is way hot. I'm guessing close to 90 degrees. Nothing like washing down the boat and coming inside to a nice hot shower:sqeyes: The water comes in hot from the main line. I have faucet right where it enters the house and it is hot there. Even if I run it for several minutes, it never gets cool. I know it is the summer and it's hot as balls, but the water should be a bit cooler. I have other friends in the area and their water is way cooler, I'm guessing around 75 degrees or so. Anyone have any input or am I just destined for hot showers? I'm on the Cali side near the landing.

rrrr
07-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Wait for winter? :D

SummitKarl
07-23-2007, 08:37 AM
during the summer I turn off my hot water heater and use the Hot water tank as cold...errrr warm;) storage:idea:

SummitKarl
07-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Where does Havasu's faucet water come from? Ours comes from the river in Parker and is treated with a state of the art treatment operation. It's cold as cold can be, even on the hottest days.
water table, it's delivered warm in the summer
Most older homes in Havasu 1992 and earlier have copper in the attic for plumbing...supper heating the already warm delivered water...to the point of scalding hot, well into the 140 deg mark or more:sqeyes:

Racey
07-23-2007, 08:52 AM
They do make a water cooler, alot of people in the desert (indio, palm springs, etc) use them i was told, they have warm 'cold' water down there as well. I'm sure the thing aint cheap though. just make your own with an old fridge and alot of copper tubing, perhaps even a brine tank inside. :D

Havasu1
07-23-2007, 08:59 AM
They do make a water cooler, alot of people in the desert (indio, palm springs, etc) use them i was told, they have warm 'cold' water down there as well. I'm sure the thing aint cheap though. just make your own with an old fridge and alot of copper tubing, perhaps even a brine tank inside. :D
I was wondering if there was some kind of water cooler gadget, searched around on the internet and couldn't find anything.....I'm sure it ain't cheap though.

Havasu1
07-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Where does Havasu's faucet water come from? Ours comes from the river in Parker and is treated with a state of the art treatment operation. It's cold as cold can be, even on the hottest days.
two sources in Havi at the landing. You get it either from the Indians or the local utility, a guy by the name of Red Hodges. It's a very small utility. I get mine from Red Hodges.

Big Inch
07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Does the Nautical Inn still have red water coming out the faucet during the summer :sqeyes:

ChumpChange
07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Hook up a Jockey Box to your shower. :D

rrrr
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Does the Nautical Inn still have red water coming out the faucet during the summer :sqeyes:
That must be Red Hodge's water.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
We stayed at the Nautical Estates condos a few times. There was no such thing as cold water during the summer months.....
The previous house in Havasu did not have real cold water during the summer and the new house is about the same. But I'm hoping that will change once we get additional insulation blown into the attic.....

havaduner
07-23-2007, 01:25 PM
during the summer I turn off my hot water heater and use the Hot water tank as cold...errrr warm;) storage:idea:
Thats what we do as well. I tell guests, if you want a cold shower, get in before you turn the water on, you get about 5 seconds of cooler water before the warmer stuff gets to you.