PDA

View Full Version : Fall Schiada Not-A-Regatta

franky
07-23-2007, 01:43 PM
e-mailed Lee to see if he is on (I doubt it), if not we will have one.
late Sept or early Oct?

mondorally
07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Either one. Parker again?
-Justin

HL9000
07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
I would love to have one this year. Any dates would be great

franky
07-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Leaning heavily to Havasu, places to go to get out of the freeeway jam.

FrznJim
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Franky,
Our vote is for early October, we need September to put the boats up, up here in the north.

Schiada Time
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Here we go again. All the locals get to drive 2 miles to the ramp while the rest of us tow across the desert. Mead rules! That is where the Schiada regattas always were back in the day.

ColeTR2
07-24-2007, 07:58 PM
should do it the weekend of the parker 300 race

SFV2RVR
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I wonder why it was named...."river cruiser"? Sounds like a parker weekend to me!:D

Kyote
07-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Here we go again. All the locals get to drive 2 miles to the ramp while the rest of us tow across the desert. Mead rules! That is where the Schiada regattas always were back in the day.
Well Travis you have to drive from OC to Mead to get your boat. This is not other peeps problem. Take the ball and set up a Notta Regatta on at Lake Mead. Do what Franky did. Host the deal. Provide some incentive. Work your arse off answering emails, checking on hotel rooms and prices and coordinating the whole deal. OR quit your whining and tow that nice 22' you put together and join the 'Schiada 21 River Cruisers' for a get together on Havasu or the Parker Stip. What say you bro?

Kyote
07-25-2007, 05:38 AM
I wonder why it was named...."river cruiser"? Sounds like a parker weekend to me!:D
I'm with you Matt. If a Friday would work for ev1 it would be nict to make the Topock Gorge run. It is so nice on the river or the lake on a week-day!

Highlimit9000
07-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Travis, sorry but I am gonna disagree on this one. I live in Vegas and would rather go to Havasu or Parker. Lake Mead is an awful site to look at right now. it is so eeeeery to look at. its really terrible! Down 100+ feet now! Most of the launch ramps are terrible. The lines are so long. The ramp extentions to deal with the low water has caused this. There is alot of hidden obstacles now that weren't there before the loss of water. Have you been to Sandy Beach lately? Even Kathrines or Cottonwood would be better than Mead. I just think havasu would be a better choice...Ok My 2Cents...John

franky
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Lee e-mailed me back and said he might do something in sept/oct in Parker. He said he has some weddings/birthdays or whatever to work around but would know in a couple weeks.
Me, I thought the beach at Parker was nice but the ride to the dam sucked. Too many PWC's, pontoons and wake boats, tight space ...just crazy and not fun.
Huff, what about doing the Sept Havi deal either way??? A cruise to Topok on a Friday would be great. Or do the Havi cruise the Friday before Lee's (????)

SFV2RVR
07-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm with you Matt.
Its MARC! not matt, you were close though!:D

franky
07-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Havi anyone???? Sept 7-9?? Or just the Topok run Friday? or early Sunday.
Anyone around?

Racey
07-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Travis, sorry but I am gonna disagree on this one. I live in Vegas and would rather go to Havasu or Parker. Lake Mead is an awful site to look at right now. it is so eeeeery to look at. its really terrible! Down 100+ feet now! Most of the launch ramps are terrible. The lines are so long. The ramp extentions to deal with the low water has caused this. There is alot of hidden obstacles now that weren't there before the loss of water. Have you been to Sandy Beach lately? Even Kathrines or Cottonwood would be better than Mead. I just think havasu would be a better choice...Ok My 2Cents...John
Even though Mead is down there are some bitchin beaches comin up and out of the water, Saturday we went up to Monkey Face (up near middle point there is a rock formation that looks just like a monkeys face coming out of the side of the mountain) and the water is bitchin, clean, pure dense sand beach. up towards temple bar it bitchin as well, there are a few islands/reefs out there but they are well marked and nothing that will come up and get ya if you are paying attention.

Schiada Time
07-30-2007, 07:35 PM
A change of pace would be good is all I am saying. I think Mohave would be a nice place to hang for the weekend as well. I just get nervous about Havasu with having an 11-year old kid in the boat as lots of "free spirited" behavior goes on there. Parker is a freeway. I'll suck it up for Havasu if that is what everyone else wants to do.
Travis

mbrown2
07-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Parker is first choice for me...particularly if we are going to make a run up river on a Friday....either will be fine....both will be busy and choppy on Saturday...

Kyote
07-31-2007, 07:21 PM
A change of pace would be good is all I am saying. I think Mohave would be a nice place to hang for the weekend as well. I just get nervous about Havasu with having an 11-year old kid in the boat as lots of "free spirited" behavior goes on there. Parker is a freeway. I'll suck it up for Havasu if that is what everyone else wants to do.
Travis
Hum, most of the Schiada folks that I have contact with ARE 'Free spirited' folks just as I am. Otherwise I would be piloting a Bayliner. Also, they are pretty darn good and safe boaters as well. Are you saying that the folks on Havasu are putting their children in danger? I think not. The river a freeway? Just light'en up, tow the boat and have a nice time with your new wifey and daughter as you did at the last Lake Havasu Notta Regatta. You didn't launch at Site 6 last time I hope! That would turn me away from Havasu in a heartbeat. LOL

Riverkid
07-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Parker is first choice for me...particularly if we are going to make a run up river on a Friday....either will be fine....both will be busy and choppy on Saturday...
Bingo. :D

River Cruzin
07-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Frank,
You can count us in for the Not-A Regatta we look forward to getting togeather with everyone where ever you decide. Thanks for making the effort to put this togeather if you need any help cordinating let me know...Scott W.

Schiada Time
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Kyote-I wasn't referring to safety at all. I was hinting at the naked recklessness that typically goes on at Havasu and how many of the people who go there are very open about their sexual activity on the decks of their boats. That my friend is what concerns me with a youngin' in the boat. As long as we do not hang in the channel all day I think its fine. I love a good time as much as anyone but I do want my stepduaghter to be able to enjoy our trips without exposing her to in-appropriate actions in public.
ST

Kyote
08-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Kyote-I wasn't referring to safety at all. I was hinting at the naked recklessness that typically goes on at Havasu and how many of the people who go there are very open about their sexual activity on the decks of their boats. That my friend is what concerns me with a youngin' in the boat. As long as we do not hang in the channel all day I think its fine. I love a good time as much as anyone but I do want my stepduaghter to be able to enjoy our trips without exposing her to in-appropriate actions in public.
ST
Good for you Trav. I agree with you 100%. There are many places on Havasu and the river that families can hang and enjoy family times. If you could work a Friday off I am sure that you and your family would enjoy a Topock Gorge run and a picnic lunch or a stop at Topock. You could follow someone that knows the river. I'm sure that your family would enjoy a weekday on the lake or the river. Sorry that I misinterpreted your hint. If your ever on a guys trip the T&A isn't to bad. LOL

Hallett
08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Who is Kyote ? i dont think we have met .

franky
08-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Hey Bob, you still around? Did you get the RC back together??? Hope all is well. Say hi to Lisa for me. Regards - Franky

UncleJoe
08-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey Franky
Thanks for keeping the Schiada Notta Regatta going. I will be travelling most of September. Will be at the river for the Parker 300 on Gary Hairabedian's #17 crew. Hope to see you there.
Unclejoe

mondorally
08-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Franky
Thanks for keeping the Schiada Notta Regatta going. I will be travelling most of September. Will be at the river for the Parker 300 on Gary Hairabedian's #17 crew. Hope to see you there.
Unclejoe
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36194&d=1186081386

UncleJoe
08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Mondorally. How do you get the photo to display. Us old guys need some help. Please let me know how to do that. You know, like adjusting valves. Somebody has to walk you through it the first time.
Thanks

Hallett
08-02-2007, 08:23 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36194&d=1186081386
Gary is the man when is comes to schiada's there is no one better
great guy & one hell of a driver.

mondorally
08-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Mondorally. How do you get the photo to display. Us old guys need some help. Please let me know how to do that. You know, like adjusting valves. Somebody has to walk you through it the first time.
Thanks
This is from Rexone's post in Test Post Forums. Hopefully it helps. I'll do my best to answer any questions. If you bring a laptop to the next regatta I'll show you in person. Then we can adjust the valves on my boat!:D
-Justin
Basics on posting pics on the forums. The following is based upon MS Internet Explorer, I am not familiar with other browsers so all of the below may not apply to other than IE.
First thing is you must have your image hosted somewhere on the internet.. This can be ***boat image center or elsewhere, doesn't matter. What you can't do is have it on you own computer and have it appear in a thread (although you can add it as an attachment directly from your computer - An attachement will not show in the thread as an image though, it will show as a link. You can however open the attachment, then copy and paste the properties of the attachment as you would any other image...see below for procedure).
Assuming you done the above (hosted your picture)...
Bring the image up on screen wherever you have it hosted (we'll assume ***boat image center for now), or open the attachment if you attached the image to the post rather than hosting it somewhere.
Right click on the image
A drop down menu will appear. At the bottom will be properties
Click on properties.
A window will popup showing information on the photo.
One of the things will be the URL address which starts with http....
Highlight the address (starting with the http) with your cursor by holding down the left button and dragging over the text.
Go do edit on your tool bar (edit) and click "copy" (this copys the address you just highlighted to the clipboard on your computer) (the keyboard shortcut for "copy" is CTRL C.
Now go to the thread you want to post in (a second window open is handy for this)
When you post you will see a series of buttons at the top of the posting window.
Click on IMG which is the little square with the mountain in it.
A separate window will pop up that will have http.... in it. The http... will be highlighted. Now go to your tool bar again (edit) and click on "paste". (The keyboard shortcut for "paste" is CTRL V).
This pastes the address of the picture (which you copied earlier) into the little pop up window.
Click done or whatever it says to complete. You will now see the image address code appear within your posting window.
Its important you only have one "http series" within your IMG tags in the little drop down box. If you have 2 you will need to delete one of them.
When finished your code should look something like this (with no spaces) and substituting [ ] for my ( ).
(IMG]http://yourpictureaddress[/IMG)
As an alternative to above you can just paste the image properties (URL) into your post and type in the IMG tags if you prefer. I do the drop down as I find it faster but that personal choice... both methods work the same.
You can type message above or below the IMG tags but don't disturb them or anything between them because that is your picture address code.
Rexone

UncleJoe
08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36319&d=1186152433[QUOTE=mondorally;2709997]This is from Rexone's post in Test Post Forums. Hopefully it helps. I'll do my best to answer any questions. If you bring a laptop to the next regatta I'll show you in person. Then we can adjust the valves on my boat!:D
-Justin
Thanks Justin
Have a computer at the riverhouse. However, I'm going to give it a try right now.
Unclejoe

franky
08-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Gotta love the WHALER!!!!!!!

franky
08-04-2007, 06:01 AM
I am up for Sept 7-9 in Havi for whoever can make it and then October in Parker either with Lee if he does one or just another do it yourself deal.

22Shy
08-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Can someone put together a email to get a NOT-a-Regatta organized?
We'd love to join!
October in Parker is beautiful-

franky
08-20-2007, 07:44 AM
OK...heard back from Lee. He wants to do something in October in Parker. Beach deal at the Bluewater and also wants to do a tech session in their marina. He wants to provide one-on-one deals where Lee or Stan can jump in peoples boats and answer questions, provide comments.
More info to follow.
And the Sept 7-8 ride is still on in Havisu for whoever is around.

Schiada Time
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Franky- This is a great idea with the ride-a long tech angle. Especially good for the V-drive guys always fighting props, gear swaps, HP increases etc. October would be better for me as well.
ST

River Lynchmob
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Count me in. I live 2 miles from Bluewater so I like Parker in October :D

franky
08-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Nope, gave him the contact info last week. No word yet. I will re e-mail him. Sorry about the delay, just got back from Bristo......WOW:)

Prop Rod
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
There should be about 5 Schiada's October 11-14 staying at Rio Del Colorado. Dont know if there have been any set dates yet. And get this, the Blue Water is out of rooms, all booked up!! WTF people? Are you serious?
Anyway, we all will be there, hope to see some more!

Schiada Time
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
The dates of October 11-14 work but Parker is a freeway. So many boats and inexperienced drivers and personal water craft darting all over the place. Doesn't sound very relaxing. Not to be a naysayer but even as much as I have complained about Havasu my vote goes there over Parker.
ST

Hallett
09-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Some times you just have to ask yourself do i feel lucky today.

River Lynchmob
09-06-2007, 01:13 PM
The dates of October 11-14 work but Parker is a freeway. So many boats and inexperienced drivers and personal water craft darting all over the place. Doesn't sound very relaxing. Not to be a naysayer but even as much as I have complained about Havasu my vote goes there over Parker.
ST
It will be a ghost town that time of year. By the end of September things really fall off in Parker.

Schiada Time
09-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I'll have to trail behind someone who really knows the water. With only 500 HP in my '22 I'm guessing I'll be trailing behind most of you.
ST

Highlimit9000
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I just hope we can get a Schiada get together...Wherever...Even Death Valley is lookin good right now....LOL

Prop Rod
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
so what do you think, start hounding blue water about rooms for the 11-14, and go! It's most likley going to be the last trip of the year.

mbrown2
09-07-2007, 03:22 PM
It will be a ghost town that time of year. By the end of September things really fall off in Parker.
This is true...Kids in school and folks getting ready for the dunes...October Parker is the best Parker......other then May!

Prop Rod
09-09-2007, 02:17 PM
:D I booked new room for Oct 3-4, had to move vacation, they were pretty full already.
just saw the enduro races are the very next weekend, (19,20)
Might have a good place to stay up at big bend though!!

franky
09-09-2007, 11:51 PM
OK, Lee said Oct 6-7. I say Oct 27-28 sice the 20th are the Parker races. What say yee??

Schiada Time
09-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Both dates are bad for me. The wife's B-day is the 4th and her and a friend celebrate on the weekend of 6-7 so I am home that weekend. Oct 28 th is too close to SEMA and I will likely be thrashing to get our project truck done in time to leave for the show.

Highlimit9000
09-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Count me in for Oct 6-7

River Lynchmob
09-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm good for either weekend as well but would prefer the 6th and 7th due to the fact it should be warmer.

Racey
09-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Damn, i'll be down the following weekend 11-13, looks like i'm missing the regatta.

River Lynchmob
09-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Damn, i'll be down the following weekend 11-13, looks like i'm missing the regatta.
Whats wrong with two weeks in a row? Come on now figure it out. I'll be Australia the next weekend but I'm figureing out to be ther for it. :D

Prop Rod
09-10-2007, 05:40 PM
we are all set up for the 11-14, sorry cant make the 6-7. Hope you all have a great time. Maybe next year we can have more than 25 days notice.
Racey, looks like we will be there the same weekend, would love to check out you're ride. We will be staying at del rio, should be 5 schiada's. Hope to see you out there.

79 Howard
09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Man I'll tell ya, I have been watching this thing for a couple of months and everyone is coming up with dates then at the last minute Lee comes up with a date that doesn't work for anyone and the deal is off. way uncool Lee.

franky
09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey, I brougth this up back in July. Didn't want to step on anyones toes so I took that road. No one else really jumped out there so here we are. If we could have just picked our date!!!
I will be there both weekends just beacause I want to see as many as I can.

franky
09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
:D We'll see ya that week:D Frank, talked to Bob or Steve or Scott lately ??
Yes, I would like to!!, kinda

79 Howard
09-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Franky< I think you did a great job putting last years regatta togther and keeping everyone up to date on this years. I agree if everyone would have set a date but as everyone was hoping lee would have stepped up and said here's the date but he left you without answers until now. He makes a great boat and it would be nice if he would give everyone a date for next years regatta like say Oct 6/7 2008 and we all would set the arrangements but a month before the last trip of the season to many people needed to cover their bases

FrznJim
09-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Franky,
Just let us know which dates and where. We're going to Parker in two weeks, going to be remodeling the condo kitchen so we'll be up for all distractions on the river.

franky
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Lee is down for the 6-7 days but for insurance reasons it is a not-a-regatta. there will be impromtu tech sessions.

88vector
09-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I hope this is going to happen on the 6-7th. I am taking time off work to come and drool at beautiful boats.

Schiada Time
09-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Can't make it this time guys. Its the wifes B-Day and she wants to stay home. I'm getting into wintertime mode as I have a few things planned for the boat and am building a 56 Ford pickup. Have fun.
Travis

mondorally
09-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Odds are I can't make it either. Maybe see some of you later in the month.

Prop Rod
09-12-2007, 07:17 PM
sounds like we are going to make a sunday day trip out of it. We will prob leave around 4 and get there about 7:30am. Lets set up a time and place to all meet?
Any suggestions???

franky
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
We have 150' of beach at the Bluewater reserved for Sat and Sun. The hotel is full because one of the towers is closed for remodel and there is some Indian days thingy going on.
Please note that this is NOT an organized boating event and is just an informal get together. Know what I mean!!!

Hava-Schiada
09-14-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm in!!....That is if you don't mind a "whacka" hanging with the group.:D

UncleJoe
09-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Gary Hairabedian will be competing in his #17 Schiada. This race is always a great show. Come out and support Gary. Hope to see you there.
BTW - Several Schiada's will be on the river for the week-end.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36194&d=1186081386

ColeTR2
09-23-2007, 07:18 AM
The hotel is full because one of the towers is closed for remodel
It closed because it's falling into the river and there is one foot gaps in the walls...