PDA

View Full Version : Nice creamy tan color, FINALLY

rrrr
09-08-2003, 08:44 PM
I've been really busy the last couple o' months, and haven't had a chance to run my Howard what with going racing and building a house for my mom-in-law (yeesh! LOL).
Yesterday me and the wife took the Howard out for a run. This is the first time it has seen water since I went up four jets sizes and got plugs two heat ranges colder. This baby was runnin' lean, heheh.
We had a nice time, met some new friends and got some sun. Today when I was cleaning up the boat I pulled a spark plug and it looked nice and tan, so I'm gettin' close. I need to find out what secondary metering plates are in the carbs, but at least I can run the boat now without worrying about toasting the motor.
Hopefully I'll have it all figured out before the Lake Whitney bash.....

GofastRacer
09-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Congrats, have fun with it!.. :cool: :cool:

beaverfab
09-09-2003, 03:38 AM
rrrr are you coming down for the get to gather at Plowman's October 4 and 5 hope to see you there. j.j. smile_sp

rrrr
09-09-2003, 06:02 AM
Yep, j.j., we got a cabin at Indian Lodge. My wife, being the participant kinda gal she is, wants to know what to bring for the picnic, LOL.
Looking forward to a fun weekend.

beaverfab
09-09-2003, 06:12 AM
Something to drink and a chair. You can call Tammy Snow and see if there is anything she needs.254-889-3336