PDA

View Full Version : Rum Run

supremeWAXer
07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
and news on what happened there winner, top speeds, times, cool boats, pics?? . heard bobbit was running the skater and saw it at the yardhouse..

FASTERDAMITT
07-23-2007, 03:56 PM
The only pics I have are of my boat which won P-5. There are some on Offshore Only under general race discussion also. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164170
Here is a few of mine.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2688295#post2688295

LHC30Victory
07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Cant get the pics from offshore only w/o paying....can ya repost them here :rolleyes:

BDMar
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Officially unofficial results:D
First overall was CRC, 1 minute behind him was Teague, 1 minute behind him was Bobbit's Skater, 1 minute behind him and fastest Vee Bottom was Tom and Shannon Whitham's 38 Cig driven by Tom Whitham and Kevin Schulte. Congratulations Tom and Kevin, they beat every other Vee Bottom entered! Not bad for a pleasure boat!
Oh yeah.... this is the boat that Fast Freddy smoked last year!:D

INSman
07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
When is DCB Racing gonna' start taking down all the MTI, Skater and Cig guys ?!? :confused: :idea:

FASTERDAMITT
07-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Hmmm... :D

FASTERDAMITT
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
First overall was CRC, 1 minute behind him was Teague, 1 minute behind him was Bobbit's Skater, 1 minute behind him and fastest Vee Bottom was Tom and Shannon Whitham's 38 Cig driven by Tom Whitham and Kevin Schulte. Congratulations Tom and Kevin, they beat every other Vee Bottom entered! Not bad for a pleasure boat!
By the way, the oil pan is workin great! Thanx, B&D!

Havasu Hangin'
07-23-2007, 07:52 PM
When is DCB Racing gonna' start taking down all the MTI, Skater and Cig guys ?!? :confused: :idea:
I thought slugs didn't like salt?
:idea:

dicudmore
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
when pigs f....never mind--I see Jeff already has this covered :D

skater40
07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Dude you have it all wrong.The 38 cig of Tom Whitham came across the line first,followed by crc,teague,bobbit then the platinum boat.Bobbit was right on teague butt.;)

PHOTOGLOU
07-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Dude you have it all wrong.The 38 cig of Tom Whitham came across the line first,followed by crc,teague,bobbit then the platinum boat.Bobbit was right on teague butt.;)
Looked to be about 20 seconds back..... Motors sounded strong in Mike's boat

BDMar
07-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes they did cross first! Tom called me yelling as soon as they shut the engines off..... however the race went off in flights and that means it was scored on time. They actually pulled back a little on the way back because there was no one in sight when the got to the Island. Then about 5 miles out they started to see the helicopter with CRC and stepped it back up a little. Wonder what the results would have been had they run as hard on the way back as they did going over...:D
I think the results, somehow, would have stayed the same...

Goldfinger
07-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Bobbitt launched it at the Queen. Was pretty sweet. Anybody know what happened to the Laveycraft? Didn't sound too good coming in..

ChumpChange
07-25-2007, 06:25 AM
That's what I heard.
Yes they did cross first! Tom called me yelling as soon as they shut the engines off..... however the race went off in flights and that means it was scored on time. They actually pulled back a little on the way back because there was no one in sight when the got to the Island. Then about 5 miles out they started to see the helicopter with CRC and stepped it back up a little. Wonder what the results would have been had they run as hard on the way back as they did going over...:D
I think the results, somehow, would have stayed the same...
Well that explains it.

FASTERDAMITT
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Bobbitt launched it at the Queen. Was pretty sweet. Anybody know what happened to the Laveycraft? Didn't sound too good coming in..
I was told his engine was going into gardian mode all weekend. He was also testing the new drive out. I'm not sure if it was overheating or a wiring issue. Many boats had overheating problems for some reason.

the_gray_goose
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Not wrong if you go by time it took from start to finish.
The V bottoms were allowed to start about 10 to 15 minutes before the cats.

LaveyOne
07-25-2007, 11:28 AM
We had a heating issue due to a blown hose at the turn of the Isthmus. Had to limp it in the rest of the way ... :(

Steamin' Rice
07-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Not wrong if you go by time it took from start to finish.
The V bottoms were allowed to start about 10 to 15 minutes before the cats.
I heard it was a 4 minute difference....:)