PDA

View Full Version : Pink slip for boat trailer

Zimm944
07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Help needed, when I sold my last boat I recieved the pink slip for the boat but nothing for the trailer. The guy I sold the boat to can't get insurance on the trailer without it. I was told that the DMV holds these until requested, sounds a little strange. Do you guys think it was not sent to me, lost in the mail, any info would help.
Thanks

Ziggy
07-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Help needed, when I sold my last boat I recieved the pink slip for the boat but nothing for the trailer. The guy I sold the boat to can't get insurance on the trailer without it. I was told that the DMV holds these until requested, sounds a little strange. Do you guys think it was not sent to me, lost in the mail, any info would help.
Thanks
You should have gotten a Title for it somewhere along the line....otherwise go to DMV and fill out forms for a duplicate title(form# REG227). If you have registration papers that might help a little. Usually takes some weeks before the title will arrive.

jh4rt
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
When I bought my Schiada, same issue. I went to DMV and they needed something to prove the trailer went with the boat. So, I got the seller to complete a bill of sale for the trailer, took it to the DMV and they issued a pink for the trailer.
-j

brianwhiteboy
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
I actually just bought a used flat bed trailer (I had the pink slip) and the DMV told me that they DO NOT automatically issue pink slips any more for trailers....not sure if this is all trailers (mine is a PTI)..............but you can obtain a pink slip upon request along with a nice little fee. :2purples:
CA dmv always looking to squeeze more money out of us :mad:

Zimm944
07-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be spending the day at DMV