PDA

View Full Version : Friscos Finest 1st Annual Lunch Run (RIP)

deltarat
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
A lunch run in the honor of our friend Carlos will happen on Sunday August 5th.
1. Deltarat ....................Boatless and looking for a ride
Carlos you will truly be missed by all!! May you never wait in a launch line again!!

grads2112
07-23-2007, 05:51 PM
WHAT???? Please tell me this is not true.

78Anthonyjet
07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Carlos you will truly be missed by all!! May you never wait in a launch line again!!
2.78ANTHONYJET........... 76 Eliminator
prayers to the family, RIP Carlos

acatitude
07-23-2007, 06:02 PM
try to make it ... prayers to the family ( RIP CARLOS)

Lofty
07-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Carlos was my good friend. I spoke to him this am before this happened, he was giving me shit about the cheap headsets I gave him.... I still can't believe this. He was a fellow boater and good friend. I know few if any others that would do for me what Carlos has done for me and my family. I feel privileged to have him as a friend.
Carlos was a good man and a TRUE gentleman. Most of you will never come close to being the stand up guy he was. If you broke or needed help, Carlos was there. He went out of his way MANY many times to help me out of a jamb.
I'm at a loss for words here.
He will be missed dearly by his friends and family.

707dog
07-23-2007, 07:35 PM
iv kick it with this hommie a few times, he is a really good dude with a big heart and a friend of a bunch of my buddys..if the timing is wrong to talk about it sorry!!
3. 707DOG- IM ALL IN:( LETS ME KNOW IF THERES ANYTHING I CAN DO HELP GET THIS THING ROLLIN..."I GOT A SEAT FOR YA TERRY IF YA WANT IT"?? GIVE ME A CALL WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE...
"RIP CARLOS"

Eliminator 4 Life
07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
What happened to Carlos I just saw his boat on Sat..

DAVEO
07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
He will be greatly missed.:cry: :cry:
I cant beleve its true!
I also will need a ride for this one.

RACER52
07-23-2007, 08:20 PM
:(
I dont know where to start, I may not have known Carlos as good as some of our ***boat peeps but the Mrs. and I thought of him as our friend. I actually came on line hoping that there was not a post regarding our loss (***boat community, family and friends) but since it was in good taste I thought I would post.
Los will be missed by many, and the Mrs. and I give our deepest and most sincere regards to his wife and kids. We are in shock and can only offer our best wishes to them.
I'm sure it will be said many times over but Carlos was a great friend and would have done anything and always offered more help than what was needed. We will do the same for his family.
R52

Poker Runs West
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Carlos was my good friend. I spoke to him this am before this happened, he was giving me shit about the cheap headsets I gave him.... I still can't believe this. He was a fellow boater and good friend. I know few if any others that would do for me what Carlos has done for me and my family. I feel privileged to have him as a friend.
Carlos was a good man and a TRUE gentleman. Most of you will never come close to being the stand up guy he was. If you broke or needed help, Carlos was there. He went out of his way MANY many times to help me out of a jamb.
I'm at a loss for words here.
He will be missed dearly by his friends and family.
Finn, thanks for calling and giving me a heads up about this. I have highlighted part of what you said as I couldn't have said it better myself.
I had my arms around him on Saturday and like you am at a loss for words.
Carlos will always be remembered as someone who would go out of his way to help you or be the first one to get behind a boating event. At Shasta this year he talked about how he just wanted everyone to have fun boating and he certainly was a catalyst for that.
Carlos was someone we all hope to be associated with during our life. Someone who had a huge heart and wasn't afraid to show it, a person who really did care when he said he did and wasn't just blowing smoke up your ass, a true hot boat guy who I will always remember as ONE OF THE BEST.
I will contact the family tomorrow before moving ahead with any thing until I get their input. Damnnnnnnnnnnnn I miss him.
Chris

Boatmaster
07-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I dont know where to start, I may not have known Carlos as good as some of our ***boat peeps but the Mrs. and I thought of him as our friend. I actually came on line hoping that there was not a post regarding our loss (***boat community, family and friends) but since it was in good taste I thought I would post.
Los will be missed by many, and the Mrs. and I give our deepest and most sincere regards to his wife and kids. We are in shock and can only offer our best wishes to them.
I'm sure it will be said many times over but Carlos was a great friend and would have done anything and always offered more help than what was needed. We will do the same for his family.
R52
I am at a loss for the right words, and you summed it up very well Troy. Carlos was going to be dropping a part off at my house tonight to help me out of a jam at the shop. Carlos you be missed by many! RIP good friend. My heart goes out to his wife and children.:D

Lofty
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
We all miss you so much already Los! Don't anyone forget, THIS is the man who kept this sport real for us all!!!

dicudmore
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
rip Carlos :(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35572&d=1185252829
that 30' is in Vegas now--maybe we can bring it up for this gathering, for old times sake :(

Den Isle
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Bon Voyage Carlos!
To a place where there is only race gas, excessive boost, and outdrives that never blow up.
We will celebrate your life instead of mourning your passing.
My condolences to Sondra, little Carlos and Tatianna.
Chris

DCBob
07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Son, Husband, Father, Friend to many, Friend of mine............I will never forget what a true and loyal friend you have been to me and so many others. The ***boat world will not be the same without you........ boating will not be the same. May God Bless your family and help them through these terrible times.

abraman1326
07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, this is a shock. I only met Carlos a few times, and he always went out of his way to bs w/ Lisa and I, and make us feel comfortable, and he didn't know us from Adam. I remember hearing about the party under the bow while he was making speed runs @ last years B2B. What a great man, and he'll be missed!!! If there is anything we can do to help this even Terry, let me know...
BRA

Dimarco21
07-24-2007, 04:45 AM
A kind/good person to my family, who always made my kids laugh with his jokes. Our hearts go out to Sondra and the kids, such a great loss for them and all of us in the Hot Boat community. R.I.P. Los.

Boat211
07-24-2007, 04:58 AM
I dont think I can add much to what has already been said. We saw Carlos on Sunday night at Orwood. He had been prop testing. He had a few of his buddies there. My family was pretty much in the car but he made a point to go say hello to my wife and kids. That is just how he was. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP CARLOS.

Familycat
07-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Just saw this thread. What happened to Carlos!
Rick

Robbie Racer
07-24-2007, 06:36 AM
It's a sad day for our boating community. :( I didn't know Carlos all that well but he still went out of his way and took the time to tow me in twice when I broke at B2B. He will be missed by many. RIP Carlos.

Mrs Luvnlife
07-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Didn't personally know Carlos, but our hearts go out to his family and friends :(....stay strong! Sounds like he was an upstanding individual and a kind of friend that everyone needs to have.

TOBTEK
07-24-2007, 06:49 AM
WOW...... What a shocker! WHAT the heck happened? My heart hurts for his family:(

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
07-24-2007, 07:11 AM
A friend of mine will greatly be missed by all. My condolences go to family and friends.
BIG JOE

eliminator1000
07-24-2007, 07:39 AM
I did not know Carlos very well But I did know he was a very BIG part of all the Boating events I went to. Carlos you will be missed.

Obsessive Compulsive
07-24-2007, 07:50 AM
What a great, stand up guy Carlos was. He was their for anyone that needed help. You will be greatly missed, RIP. Our hearts go out to his
family.

40FlatDeck
07-24-2007, 08:25 AM
So sad.:( Was this a boating accident? I met him at this years Desert Storm. Let me tell you, looks can be decieving!:D He was one of the nicest guys and truly crazy about boats. We talked in length about his new Nortech and some of his older boats. RIP

Den Isle
07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
www.oaklandtribune.com

Badburn
07-24-2007, 09:12 AM

TOBTEK
07-24-2007, 09:14 AM
www.oaklandtribune.com
WOW.... very sad.

Uniqueperformancewest
07-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I agree, there is not much that can be added to the very kind words that have already been expressed by others. I too had the great priveledge of being introduced to him at the Discovery Bay Boat show this year. My father and I got to hang out with him, and we went to dinner and he was the funniest guy I had ever met. But he was a real nice guy to, despite the hard shell. He truly will be missed.
John

abraman1326
07-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow, such a sad turn of events. I certainly feel for his family. I hope they know we wre here for them in their time of need. I have no idea if they even know we exist, but if you are reading any of this, please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you in your time of need!!!
BRA

707dog
07-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Talked To A Memeber Of His Famliy A Few Minutes Ago Its Really Ruff Around There So I Made It Short And Let Them Know What Was Going On The ***boat Site And If They Needed Anything We Are Down To Help Out And Also About The Lunch Run And If They wanted to particapate or Need A Ride On The River Theres Plenty Of Open Seats...so Sad Couldnt Even Continue The Phone Conversation!!:(

DCBob
07-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey guys, I think the lunch run memorial is a great and heartfelt thought and will be a good thing for everyone. But howbout this week, lets stick with posting our thoughts prayers and all of the great experiences/times (post pics if ya got um)we've all shared with Los. Kinda let everyone digest what has happened here and share in the personal loss with friends and family. My .02

PINKY
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Carlos will be missed by many!! Prayers go out to wife, children, family and friends.

deltarat
07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, I think the lunch run memorial is a great and heartfelt thought and will be a good thing for everyone. But howbout this week, lets stick with posting our thoughts prayers and all of the great experiences/times (post pics if ya got um)we've all shared with Los. Kinda let everyone digest what has happened here and share in the personal loss with friends and family. My .02
Bob
I think that is a great idea. I will start another thread all together about a lunch run so that we can get a head count togther and make some arrangments as needed. I think this thread should remain just the way it is, a place for memories to be shared.
I for one can never forget the look on my 9 year old daughters face when my boat broke at last years Cat Attack and Carlos asked her if she would like to ride with him and his family on the big boat, she smiled all night long in anticipiation of the ride in the race boat as she called it.
Carlos I will never forget your since of humor or your huge heart...a true Gentle Giant. Many men will try all of their lives and never be half the man you were.

grads2112
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Some of my best memories at the poker runs and events that I've done are when Carlos and crew would show up. You would think it was the President of the United States showing up the way people would snap pictures of him, his rigs and boats... he definitely knew how to make an entrance. And then for him to come over and not only acknowledge my wife and I but sit down and carry on a conversation with us and ask us how we've been in a way made us feel special. He was a very genuine guy and always a gentleman to my wife and I and will be greatly missed.

Big Warlock
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
They had a suite next to ours at the Desert Storm Poker run this past year. Very nice people. Always said hello and were joking with us. Sorry to see this happen. RIP.

charitycase
07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Our thoughts & prayers also.We just met him at the last HB photo shoot.Great guy.Again,our condolences.Casey & Christina.

Dave C
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
God bless Carlos and his family..... lost is a true hard-core boater...:(

Familycat
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
The Best Family sends it's condolences. We are truly sorry for your loss.
I don't have too many stories about Carlos as I was just getting to know him. Most wouild agree that he was never dull and always smiling.
I do have one story that until today did not realy register propery. It was Saturday morning at Cat Attack. Donna and I were driving down to the store to pick up some ice. Carlos was pitting on the props on his new Nor-Tech, one of the coolest boats I haver ever been around. He stopped and started to walk over to us to say hello. The prop slid off and hit the ground. We felt so bad and were concered if it had done any damage. Carlos, on the other had was more concerned as to how were were. There is something to be leaned from a guy like that.
We later laughed about it in the bar that night. Carlos, his brother, DCBob, Pierre, myself and few of the usualy suspects had a few froster beverages that night. It was a good time. It was the last time I spoke to Carlos.
Rick, Donna, Brad, Bailey

DCBob
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I was sitting here with Brother Steve (Nice Pair) reminising while picking out pictures of Los on the many runs/lunches etc we have all been on together. I couldn't pick out one single good story to tell because each and every time I've ever been anywhere with Los there was another good story! If you are so lucky as to meet, know and become friends with a Carlos one time in your life cherish that time. Carlos was a once in a lifetime friend to those of us lucky enough to have shared his friendship! RIP Bro :(

NICE PAIR
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560013771noWKpN
RIP my friend

acatitude
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Steve, those were great pics, some nice memories, made me smile... Kinda hard gettin thru them all... Damn. LOS you will be missed..:(

Just foreplay
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Terri and I's condolences go out to the family...
Just shocked...
RIP Carlos..

78Anthonyjet
07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Steve, great pics, thanks for posting them.

Lofty
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Steve,
call me pleae... I can't find you #.
Finn

MrsDSIDan
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Los has been such a big part of all our lives and can never be replaced. :( He had a way of always being there for his friends like no other. Dan and I both are so heart broken about this as we have become close with Los and Sandra over the last few years. Los helped get us into this game and we will never be the same because of how he touched our lives. Always felt like he was invincible and I feel like such a lucky person to have known him. We had some great times together and know we will probably never meet another soul with such a BIG and generous heart. Our hearts go out to Sandra,the kids, and the rest of their family. RIP Los... We Miss You Our Good Friend.

Frequent Flier
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Calos at the Shasta Photo Shoot this year and found him to be a true boat enthusiast and a real gentleman. He treated me as if we had been friends forever....RIP

TUNNEL T
07-24-2007, 06:04 PM
god bless my brother ,many great memories thanx. my heart goes out to sandra and kids , please let us (prietos ) know if there is anything we can help out with !
your gonna be missed bro! :D

Hammer
07-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Tragic
Carlos was a great person, and friend to all that had the pleasure of knowing him. He will truly be missed.

cwrace
07-24-2007, 06:58 PM
What are the details on August 5th?

Pyro Jason
07-24-2007, 07:42 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I have been speachless... I knew Carlos and his Family a very short time. I saw Carlos Saturday at Bethel Island. I said hello and he talked to me like I was his friend since birth. I made me feel like I was part of his family thats pretty special to me. Well Carlos you will be truely missed. I would like info if ANYONE knows about the funeral and services. Jason

Obsessive Compulsive
07-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Here today...Gone to Heaven!!!
Unbelievable!! What an amazing man to have touched so many people in such a caring and gentle way. May God treat you as you have treated each and everyone of us! RIP Carlos!
God Bless you and your family,
Mrs. O.C.

Obsessive Compulsive
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/IMG_1096.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/IMG_1274.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/IMG_1285.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/IMG_1350.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/IMG_1977.JPG

Washed Ashore
07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Yesterday I was in disbelief,today it hit like a ton of bricks.Today as I smile thru the tears and cry thru the smiles,Carlos was one of the people you meet once in a life time,a friend that cant be replaced.The memory that stands out the most is the day the paint on his boat was really coming to life,he walks into the shop and doesn't even look at the boat until he says hi to my kids,plays with them for a couple minutes,then like a kid himself turns and looks at the boat and says you da *****.PRICELESS. Sandra,Carlos jr,Tattiana you may lean on shoulders of many friends to help you thru the tough times.....WE'LL MISS YOU BRO,RIP
Jeff

DAVEO
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
My life will never be the same. We lost a great man. He treated me and my family like part of his. Carlos you will never be forgoten and always talked about. We will miss you.
Update form Kaler services next week sometime. He will post time and place as it is set.

deltarat
07-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Steve thanks for posting the great pics. I have to say the pic of Carlos on the dock with his daughter by his side put tears in my eyes. I will never forget Carlos or all of the great things he has done for all of us.

707dog
07-25-2007, 08:14 AM
AS STATED MANY TIMES IN THIS THREAD DOESNT MATTER HOW LONG YOU'VE KNOW LOS OR IF YOU JUST MET HIM HE MADE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU AND HIM HAVE BEEN BUDDYS FOR EVER...
MY FUNNY AZZ EXPERIANCE WITH LOS CAME BACK ON THE LAST HOOKY DAY OF 06 WHEN I LET A BUDDY OF MINE TAG ALONG IN MY OTHER BOAT WELL NOT CLEAR WHAT HAPPIN ALL I KNOW IS HE TURNED AND HEADED BACK TO THE LAUNCH FOR THE DAY WHEN WE ALL GOT BACK FROM THE RUN HIS WIFE WAS AT THE LAUNCH IN A PANIC,WELL THE BOAT SANK ON THE WAY BACK AND WAS STUCK AT A BOAT DOCK ALONG THE RIVER,LOS AND EDDY OVER HEARD THE CONVO AND THEY GRABBED A ROPE AND TOLD ME TO BACK MY BOAT IN THE WATER LETS GO GET THAT FOKER...LMAO..WELL AFTER WE HUNTED FOR IT IT WAS NOSE IN THE AIR AND THE REST WAS HISTORY LOS JUMPS IN THE WATER:eek: TIES THE ROPE AND WE STARTED TOWING IT TO TRY TO GET IT UP ON TOP OF THE WATER, WASNT HAPPINING SO HE JUMPS IN THE BOW OF THE BOAT TO TRY AND MAKE IT FRONT HEAVY:eek: ..:D LAUGHING OUR AZZ'Z OFF IT ACTUALLY FOKIN WORK GOT IT BACK TO ORWOOD AND ON THE TRAILER EDDY AND LOS HELPED ME GET THE POLICE REPORT TAKING CARE OF...DAMN NOT SURE THEY MAKE DUDES LIKE CARLOS ANYMORE WELL NONE THAT I HAVE AS CURRENT FRIENDS.....YOU'LL BE MISSED BY MANY ONE LOVE TO THE WHOLE GUZMAN & FRISCO'S FINEST FAMILY

Boat211
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
RIP my friend
Great pics NP.

DAVEO
07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
RIP my friend
Thanks for the pics Steve. This is ripping me apart.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Carlos RIP you will be missed by family and friends.

Mrs. O.C.
07-25-2007, 12:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police investigation 2 homicides Monday in Oakland
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Article Last Updated: 07/25/2007 09:23:35 AM PDT
OAKLAND — A 21-year-old man was shot to death Monday night in East Oakland, the second killing in nine hours.
He was identified as Antoine Williams of Oakland.
The shooting took place at 9:34 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of 90th Avenue where it intersects with Plymouth Street, police said.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Police do not have a motive or a suspect.
The killing was Oakland's 69th homicide of the year. Last year at this time there were 78.
Also on Monday, Carlos Guzman, 38, of Antioch, was gunned down at 12:30 p.m. at an East Oakland stereo installer's shop in the 5100 block of International Boulevard.
Guzman was an American offshore boat racer, well known in local racing circles, and had brought his $600,000 boat to the shop to have a music system installed. The boat, "Frisco Cat," was on a special trailer because of its large size.
While he was there, the killer rode up on a motorcycle, opened fire on him numerous timesand then sped off. He was killed instantly. Police doubt if robbery or carjacking was the motive.
"There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was selected out to be murdered," Sgt. Tim Nolan said Tuesday.
Nolan said police have an idea why Guzman was killed, but would not elaborate.
Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering up to $10,000 in reward money for information leading to an arrest in each killing. Anyone with information should call police at 238-3821 or Crime Stoppers at 238-6946.

abraman1326
07-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Mr. D Rat, please clear out some of your pm's. I was trying to send you one, but your inbox is full. I'm sure you are inundated w/ all of this, but I had something for you. thank you sir!
BRA

abraman1326
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Mr. D Rat, please clear out some of your pm's. I was trying to send you one, but your inbox is full. I'm sure you are inundated w/ all of this, but I had something for you. thank you sir!
BRA

stoker2001
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Never forget the time he was in the Stv on one of the lunch runs and reminded me of a pogo stick going over the uglies/whitecaps in the deep channel near Riverboat.RIP

deltarat
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
BRA
Sorry, its clear now.

Napanutt
07-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I didn't personally meet him but the three times I guess it was in the last year or so that I was at boating events that he was at,he seemed like a very down to earth guy in spite of the big pony-tailed dude look with the awesome machinery.
Here's a picture I took a few years ago,(Memorial,2004) found it a few months ago looking over old pics,before I knew who he (or any other ***boaters were)...R.I.P.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/brinsus/Picture082.jpg

TUNNEL T
07-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Yesterday I was in disbelief,today it hit like a ton of bricks.Today as I smile thru the tears and cry thru the smiles,Carlos was one of the people you meet once in a life time,a friend that cant be replaced.The memory that stands out the most is the day the paint on his boat was really coming to life,he walks into the shop and doesn't even look at the boat until he says hi to my kids,plays with them for a couple minutes,then like a kid himself turns and looks at the boat and says you da *****.PRICELESS. Sandra,Carlos jr,Tattiana you may lean on shoulders of many friends to help you thru the tough times.....WE'LL MISS YOU BRO,RIP
Jeff
jeff you took the words right out of my mouth !
he always put the kids first no matter what! heres a joke he showed my little guy , he grabbed his right hand face up and grabbed a black sharpie at the same time ,he then asked darrin if he bought a new house were would you put it as he points to his hand ,then draws the house ,then asks him if you got a new truck were would you put it ,same thing draws a truck then he asks were he wants his swimming pool darrin points and then carlos spits in his hand ! he wasn't to happy with him right away but the little shit uses that joke on kids at school ! carlos we'll never forget you

Jokers Wild Havasu
07-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Bummer, Carlos was a cool guy he will be missed!!!!!!

grads2112
07-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Here's how I rememeber Carlos....haulin' ass.
http://media.putfile.com/E-Ticket
http://media.putfile.com/E-ticket2
http://media.putfile.com/Poppin-a-wheelie-in-the-E-Ticket

Den Isle
07-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Here's how I rememeber Carlos....haulin' ass.
http://media.putfile.com/E-Ticket
http://media.putfile.com/E-ticket2
http://media.putfile.com/Poppin-a-wheelie-in-the-E-Ticket
Last year's Hookey Day! Kewl:)

Smiley
07-26-2007, 06:43 PM
I only got to meet Los a few times and getting to meet people who are larger than life like Los is not an every day happening. Reading all these great stories and hearing about what an amazing person he was just makes losing him all that much harder.
The first time I met him was on one of the cold weather runs a year or two ago when he and little Los took the STV out and lost the prop shaft and NP had to tow them into Union Point. Los just laughed shook his head and hopped in with NP and everyone had a great day! Even after meeting Los once he always had kind word and that big silly grin. And boy could he chat your ear off!
Cherish your loved ones, your memories, and the friendships you have every single day for you never know what tomorrow will bring. My prayers are with his family and all of his friends, I am so sorry for your loss. Keep his memories close in your hearts and he will be with you always.

ELIMINAT THIS
07-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Carlos was a great man with a huge heart,truly one in a million. He was like a brother to me and will be deeply missed by my family.
R.I.P Brother

ELIMINAT THIS
07-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Viewing
Tuesday 7-31-2007 Driscoll's 1465 Valencia st San Francisco,ca 94110 2pm _ 9pm Rosary will be at 7pm
Mass
Wendsday 8-01-2007 Corpus Christi Church 62 Santa Rosa ave San Francisco,ca 94112
10:30am
Following Mass Carlos Guzman will be laid to rest at Holy Cross Cemetery 1500 Mission rd Colma,ca 94014

abraman1326
07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I didn't personally meet him but the three times I guess it was in the last year or so that I was at boating events that he was at,he seemed like a very down to earth guy in spite of the big pony-tailed dude look with the awesome machinery.
Here's a picture I took a few years ago,(Memorial,2004) found it a few months ago looking over old pics,before I knew who he (or any other ***boaters were)...R.I.P.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k208/brinsus/Picture082.jpg
Holy crap, I think I am in that pic. I am looking @ this on my phone so it's small, but the guy in the cowboy hat w the yellow shorts was tied up next to me. I had towed his boat into the cove, a close friend of mine. What a small world!!!
BRA

Itsahobby
07-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I missed meeting Carlos by about 2 minutes at the Cat Attack this year. He was just pulling up when we decide to go sking :( Sounds like I missed the chance of a life time. R.I.P. Carlos.
Jerry

RACER52
07-27-2007, 08:52 AM
great pics, I have went through them all, some a couple times. Thank you for taking the time to group all of those memories together for us to see.
Troy

ELIMINAT THIS
07-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Carlos was like a big kid. He always had a great time and made sure everyone else around him did too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/232323232_fp64_ot_2328_339_9_XROQDF_2323_95_399_2o t1lsi.jpg
Sometimes you payed for it....:jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/of_50_332_443.jpg
Disclaimer: Den Isle only dresses up like a fender every other Thursday.:D

707dog
07-27-2007, 12:25 PM
A CLASSIC...LMAO...HE GOT ME ON HOOKY DAY AT THE LIL BEACH, MESS ME UP FOR ABOUT 20MINS...:eek: LMAO

customryder
07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
what can I say.. he had a heart of gold.. condolences to wife & kids. he will be greatly missed.
Jeff

Smiley
07-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I had a couple of pics to share..if someone would drop these into a post for me instead of attachments that would be great.

NorCalCat
07-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I only met Carlos but a few times, however, a very nice guy. We had the opportunity to be towed in by Kaler at a Hookey Day when we both broke down. What nice guy, form there everytime I saw him it was like we were bud's.
R.I.P.

Aqua Boogie1
07-30-2007, 07:49 PM
I met carlos on Hooky Day and spent some talking to him at the dock after it all ended. What a nice guy. RIP Carlos, you will be missed!!!:(

DCBob
08-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Orwoods Today

Boatmaster
08-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Very sorry I missed the run today, but in true Carlos style I ran to Sac to help a friend out. Orwood was not the same tonight without Carlos there!!:( Still taking awhile for it to sink in that our friend is really gone. It hit me hard today that a good friend and part of my/our delat lunch run family is gone.

DAVEO
08-06-2007, 04:48 AM
What a day. Jen that video was awsome... To everyone involved with this day Thank You. It was great. D-RAT thanks for the wrench time...:D
Sled ran GREAT!!!

DCBob
08-06-2007, 05:27 AM
A great day w/some great memories of our friend Los! Thanks so much to D-Rat for getting things going. Thanks to Nice Pair, Shorty and Trish for setting up the Tower Park deal. Thanks to Jen for a wonderful and thoughtful video (and Nice Pair for the pics). Thanks to Jason (boat 211) for the memorial decals,and thanks to all of Los' good friends and family who were able to make it out to celebrate his life!

deltarat
08-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Wow you guys all rock!! What a great day and a great showing of love for our fallen comrade. Thanks to Bob, Steve and Shorty for all the help in putting this great event together. 707 thanks for the ride, it was great to share some laughs with you again.

acatitude
08-06-2007, 06:05 AM
A big thumbs up to everyone involved in putting this day of tribute and rememberance together.. The video was heart wrenching. makes you think how fast things can change..I'm proud to have been able to attend this event in memory of our friend LOS...
R.I.P. my friend

NICE PAIR
08-06-2007, 06:14 AM
A Truly great run done in "LOS STYLE" Thanx to all you great peeps.
Many thanx to all at Tower Park for hosting an 1st class, honorable event

Obsessive Compulsive
08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Great to see so many good people to make this great day happen. :) Again thanks to D-rat, DCBob, Nice pair & Shorty for getting it all put together. :) Jen, that was a great tribute to Los, very heart felt. :( 707 Dog I do want some of those t-shirts you made, very cool. PM me with info. :cool:

Poker Runs West
08-06-2007, 09:19 AM
It was great to see the turnout for the run. Sorry we had to miss out on the video but I had a commitment back in Sac.
A great man is very much in the hearts of many.
With the blessing and encouragement of the family we are dedicating the entire days events on October 13 to Carlos with the party that night in remembrance of him. See the new thread here.
We could use pictures and video clips to put together something for that night. Jen could you contact me with help on this since you already have something together?
Eddie said he has the commemorative t-shirts covered, looks like we have the stripper pole and t-shirt contest put together and a great band hired.
Anyone that wants to help out give me a call.
Chris

NEWMAN28
08-06-2007, 09:26 AM
It was a great day to memorialize our good friend “los” he and his family our always in our prayers, the video, food, flowers, photos, stickers, everything was 1st class, It was great to see delta lunch run family. Los R.I.P. my friend

Dimarco21
08-06-2007, 11:28 AM
What a great run. Thanks to Delta Rat, DCBob, Nice Pair, Shorty, Mr. & Mrs. DSIdan, Boat211 and Tower Park for puttin' this thang together.
R.I.P. LOS

Obsessive Compulsive
08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/IMG_0395.JPG
More photos...
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/560178880rgjoST
Mrs. O.C.

DCBob
08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Nice Laura ;) Thanks ;)

DAVEO
08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Great pics Thanks Mrs OC....:D

707dog
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
what a great day and really nice pic's ms.OC...me and nancy had a blast hanging with everybody thanx to all for makings us feel like part of the delta bunch we are looking forward to our next trip.
deltarat thanks for helping me around the water and also cleaning out that cooler it was much easier to get out of the boat..lmao...glad you and da azz slapper aka EDDIES BUNKY(had to be at the launch to understand)enjoy the ride she aint fast but sho is comfy...
i sure hope it doesnt take someone pass(rip los) to have everybody get together like we did and go out and enjoy the day on the water,drinks, food,laughs and living life like it should be...one wave at a time.....thanks to all again for making us feel at home!!!
also if you guys like the shirt i made(its in the photos) and would like one i can have more pressed...not looking to make any $$ just $$ to cover the materials and shirts and the rest is dust in the wind,can also make any other shirts but that can be taking care of in another thread...
RIP LOS -WITH NEW FRIENDS MADE AND A GREAT DAY BEHIND US IM SURE HE WOULDNT OF ASKED FOR A BETTER WAY TO BE REMEBERED........
http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/58/458/8/14/44/2620814440078156752rpKeyl_th.jpg

Washed Ashore
08-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry I missed out on a Great day of remembrance,Although I could not be there,My thoughts where with you.R.I.P
Jeff

deltarat
08-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Mrs OC those are some great pics, thanks for sharing them with us.

NICE PAIR
08-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Mrs. O.C., Great jello shots, Pics are'nt too bad either. :D

MrsDSIDan
08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
So good to spend time with everyone (New and Old) for Los' Special Tribute.
Thanks to everyone who played a part in making it so memorable. Thanks again to Keith and Maggie for the fun ride back. It felt good to let all those petals fly for our fallen comrade at 105+mph. If anyone would like a copy of the tribute video please pm me with their address and/or info. Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
R.I.P Los We all miss you so much!

Robbie Racer
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
So good to spend time with everyone (New and Old) for Los' Special Tribute.
Thanks to everyone who played a part in making it so memorable. Thanks again to Keith and Maggie for the fun ride back. It felt good to let all those petals fly for our fallen comrade at 105+mph. If anyone would like a copy of the tribute video please pm me with their address and/or info. Look forward to seeing everyone again soon.
R.I.P Los We all miss you so much!
You're most welcome for the ride. It was nice to have the extra company on the way back to Orwood. :)
Great pics Laura. Thanks for sharing.

Shorty2
08-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Great pic's Mrs. O.C. And a big thank's to everyone, for making the event
so special:) :) :) Our friend Los, will be missed, but not forgotten!:)

MOBrien
08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
most of you know I've been off the boards for a while focusing on other things, but the Delta Lunch Bunch holds a special place in me with great memories in the short 2-3 years I've gotten to know some of the NorCal peeps doing what we love....burning gas in the sun, fog, wind, rain, whatever.
So I decide to jump on during lunch today and come across this shocking thread. Can't say I knew Carlos as well as many of you but like the trend of comments have established, what a great guy that didn't let his obsession with the most insane boats get in the way of asking how life was treating you first. Thanks to the Delta bunch I had several good times boating on the same runs as Carlos, his family, & whatever crew fought to get a seat on one off his badass rigs. Whether it was on the delta, in Sactown during B2B, or at the Cat Attacks....it was always fun to float with & run along side him...well, actually as he blew past us. Always cool with a big happy smile, always had time to chat, & again always genuinely inquired as to how you were doing before anything else. I'm just blown away by this and saddened that I could not be a part of the memorial lunch run in honor & respect of Mr. Carlos Guzman. I still remember being at Orwood for my first Delta Lunch run and watching him & his crew roll up in an amazing super-slammed H2 with the 32 Advantage in tow. Then seeing him roll up other times with The Wild Thang, Then the STV, Rappin with him at B2B's on the Poker Runner, Cat Attacks, watching him bombing in the E-Ticket, and finally seeing him on the freeway heading through Sac with the superbad Nor-Tech on the way to Shasta this year which I am now especially saddened that I missed. The Carlos I knew had an exceptional love for the ultimate in powerboats, made it happen with a stable unlike any other, yet was down to earth and just another guy on the water who lived by the boater's rule every time out. Our lunch runs will forever be changed with an obvious void and I think it safe to say....every lunch run from now on will be a memorial of sorts for the sudden loss of one of our own. RIP Carlos Guzman. I'll miss seeing you on the water.

Boat211
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM
most of you know I've been off the boards for a while focusing on other things, but the Delta Lunch Bunch holds a special place in me with great memories in the short 2-3 years I've gotten to know some of the NorCal peeps doing what we love....burning gas in the sun, fog, wind, rain, whatever.
So I decide to jump on during lunch today and come across this shocking thread. Can't say I knew Carlos as well as many of you but like the trend of comments have established, what a great guy that didn't let his obsession with the most insane boats get in the way of asking how life was treating you first. Thanks to the Delta bunch I had several good times boating on the same runs as Carlos, his family, & whatever crew fought to get a seat on one off his badass rigs. Whether it was on the delta, in Sactown during B2B, or at the Cat Attacks....it was always fun to float with & run along side him...well, actually as he blew past us. Always cool with a big happy smile, always had time to chat, & again always genuinely inquired as to how you were doing before anything else. I'm just blown away by this and saddened that I could not be a part of the memorial lunch run in honor & respect of Mr. Carlos Guzman. I still remember being at Orwood for my first Delta Lunch run and watching him & his crew roll up in an amazing super-slammed H2 with the 32 Advantage in tow. Then seeing him roll up other times with The Wild Thang, Then the STV, Rappin with him at B2B's on the Poker Runner, Cat Attacks, watching him bombing in the E-Ticket, and finally seeing him on the freeway heading through Sac with the superbad Nor-Tech on the way to Shasta this year which I am now especially saddened that I missed. The Carlos I knew had an exceptional love for the ultimate in powerboats, made it happen with a stable unlike any other, yet was down to earth and just another guy on the water who lived by the boater's rule every time out. Our lunch runs will forever be changed with an obvious void and I think it safe to say....every lunch run from now on will be a memorial of sorts for the sudden loss of one of our own. RIP Carlos Guzman. I'll miss seeing you on the water.
Well said!

bonecrusher36
08-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Carlos was one of the best guys you could be around, my family and I will miss him. My middle daughter said the other night while up in Lake Shasta as she was getting ready to sleep on the top deck of the houseboat she pointed out to me that there was a new star in the sky and that it is Uncle Carlos looking down on us shining as bright as he always had. This brought tears to my eyes. I will now always look up to see his star in the sky and remember was great friend and person he was to me and my family. We all will miss you.
The Kenny Family

Phat Matt
08-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Damn. I just found out about this. That's crazy!
RIP Carlos. :(

diggler
08-10-2007, 05:37 AM
I want to pay my respects to Carlos as well. I didn't know him well, but he was always laughing it up. I think most of us could do well by following his example of being in a great mood all the time. It certainly had a positive affect on the folks around him. RIP Carlos

deltarat
08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/2007-08-08/news/murky-waters/

707dog
08-10-2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/2007-08-08/news/murky-waters/
thats pretty cool that some took the time to write that up, but what was sad was the list of memorial shrines around that city tooooo sad !!

hulshot
08-14-2007, 09:04 PM
What can I say or add that has not been said. We will miss you Carlos. There are many good thoughts and memories that I and we will all hold close to us of our times with you. The Lunch Bunch and many others have lost a good friend. Keep burning the race gas and dont ever let off. The memories will live on forever. RIP LOS........ :(

customryder
08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
How is his wife doing? I had the pleasure of meeting her when Carlos came to KY to buy the nor tech.. they were both very friendly.. I hope his family is well
God Speed Los
Jeff

unleashed
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Dang..I just saw this thread. Unbelievable. Carlos was a cool ass dude. The last time I saw him was at the poker run in Havi. He showed me his boat and hauler and was stoked about the whole setup. Im shocked and saddened to see such a loss. RIP my friend.
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Biglue
10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
WOW, I'm sorry to hear about your friend Norcalers. What a sad deal. God Bless the family.

janelle_g
06-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Who could forget......:(

janelleg
12-22-2008, 03:53 PM
still loved, still heartbroken.....