PDA

View Full Version : Hanging it up.

Kindsvater Flat
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
After countless years of wasting money, everything is going. Lost ambition working on it and don't want to see it rot in one of the barns. Taylor is pretty bent about it but after talking to him he understands how I feel. Maybe someday I might want to do it again but you never know. Just gonna do the work, hunt, fish thing for awhile instead.

Jetboatguru
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
After countless years of wasting money, everything is going. Lost ambition working on it and don't want to see it rot in one of the barns. Taylor is pretty bent about it but after talking to him he understands how I feel. Maybe someday I might want to do it again but you never know. Just gonna do the work, hunt, fish thing for awhile instead.
Mike, wait!!
Don't do it!
Give it one more chance!!
Think of all the people you leave behind!
Is it really worth it?
They have support groups for this!!
Call me if you need a friend.

Kindsvater Flat
07-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Mike, wait!!
Don't do it!
Give it one more chance!!
Think of all the people you leave behind!
Is it really worth it?
They have support groups for this!!
Call me if you need a friend.
Would love to Tony but just can't do it anymore.

Jetboatguru
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Would love to Tony but just can't do it anymore.
Don't be a Quitter Mike. Go out and spend $1500 on a custom set of headers for that thing and you will be feeling good!

TRG
07-23-2007, 09:42 PM
That's a crying Goddamn shame!... you'll be back, they always come back!
Will you send us a card??
So long!
Todd

pw_Tony
07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Its MOPAR or no.....boat?:(

LakesOnly
07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
'scuse me, but didn't you just sell the Galaxy for 15K??? Surely it won't take but a fraction of the selling price to bring your motor back to run-for-years condition.
Oh, and one more thing: check your PM's.
LO

Kindsvater Flat
07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Its MOPAR or no.....boat?:(
Selling all the mopar stuff, spare parts, and the boat.

bondsman
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
You'll regret it......Have a beer instead!

DUNDUN
07-23-2007, 11:41 PM
my grandpa put in the towel about 30 years ago, he gave my dad and uncle his stevens flattie, my dad took him out a couple years ago and he got wild hair to get a boat, again, hes 70 and he just bought a 71' sanger, i have never seen him more stoked on something, and he was absolutely sick of it when he gave his first boat to his kids..
so you say you're done now, but it might not be the last. i respect your decision nontheless.

Daytona100
07-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Bump. Mike:D

Roaddogg 4040
07-24-2007, 03:24 AM
NO, Please don't jump of that Bridge! The water is too deep and you'll never be able to make it to shore!:D
Steve

v-drive
07-24-2007, 04:04 AM
There is nothing like boating, and it doesn't matter really what kind of boat it is. I am not a die hard but I unknowingly instilled it in our childrens blood. 2 sons,a daughter and myself have boats and we are having a ball. Think long and hard before you go, and like you said you can always come back.
put that boat in the barn,seal it and come back next year..v-drive

lucky
07-24-2007, 06:03 AM
I assume your talking about farm sex with animals ........ cause boating is out of the question :) NIce meeting you and Taylor in Person :D
one of the benifits of hunting - they are warm and can't run away :D lmao

Rattle Can Lou
07-24-2007, 06:33 AM
Hey Mike, I went away for twenty something years and came back. There is life outside of these things but I don't know what it would be. Have fun on your hiatus and we'll see ya on the other side....RCL

adjones419
07-24-2007, 06:47 AM
I guess you're smarter or stranger than me, because there's no way I could give up this disease. Best of luck in your new adventures. You'll be back!

126driver
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the club Mike. :)

lucky
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM
isn't yours just sitting due to "her" :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Come on Scott, you can't compare yourself to Mike! You run an entirely differnet program.
Example of a boating weekend for 126driver.
1. Arrive in town the night before a race and head straight to the bar.
2. Wake up in the middle of the street or in some jail 2 cities away with no memory of how got you there.:eek:
3. Arrive in the pits saturday evening just in time for sundays first heats.:)
4. Place 4th in the LCQ because crew chiew Jeff Conant was over at the stock outboard pits instead of adjusting valves, changing gears and wiping the soot off the engine from the fire in heat 1.
5. Pack up the boat using someone elses crew to push the boat in because your crew is still in the stock outboard pits.
6. Place first at the dually drags in the hotel pasking lot.:cool:
7. Get home to find your garage was ransacked by thieves and your wife wants a divorce.:mad:
This would be one of your better boating weekends.:D

Morg
07-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Come on Scott, you can't compare yourself to Mike! You run an entirely differnet program.
2. Wake up in the middle of the street or in some jail 2 cities away with no memory of how got you there.:eek:
4. Place 4th in the LCQ because crew chiew Jeff Conant was over at the stock outboard pits instead of adjusting valves, changing gears and wiping the soot off the engine from the fire in heat 1.
5. Pack up the boat using someone elses crew to push the boat in because your crew is still in the stock outboard pits.
7. Get home to find your garage was ransacked by thieves and your wife wants a divorce.:mad:
This is a cold piece of work. Jerry has dirt on everybody. And probably true.
Hey Scott, you wanna sell your boat?
How much does it weigh??:) :)

fatboy95
07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey, you should hook up with "mdunn01". He is selling that beautiful Cole T deck with a 440. If he had a little more HP in that thing he could sell the boat and you could sell those parts quite easily. Just a thought:idea:

126driver
07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Uh, yeah. I guess you're right. :eek:
I just wonder what Connant was polishing in the stock outboard pits? :confused:

126driver
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
This is a cold piece of work. Jerry has dirt on everybody. And probably true.
Hey Scott, you wanna sell your boat?
How much does it weigh??:) :)
Nah, Morg, I'm going to hang onto it, rename it "War Trophy" cause that and my dog are all I got out of the divorce, and renumber it SS One-Twenty-Sex cause some other yo-yo thought it would be a good idea to run #126. :D

adjones419
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't know...that sounds pretty fun to me.

RUSSO
07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Ans i thought it was only me..WE GOT TO PARTY!!!!

lucky
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
sweet - the taco crew rules lmao

dmontzsta
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Hanging it up? Come on Mike, that is the easy way out! :D

GN N Garage
07-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Mike I do not know you. I do know many of your supporters plus you are farm boy, and that really stands up in my household. I felt just like you. When you described your first sentence some 5 years ago. Lost my job bad back, couldn't push the down pedal, then sold the boat within a week of listing it. I really knocked my head against the wall many times after the sale, asking myself why did I do such a foolish thing. I should of stored it out of sight. I found myself ending up at races, and events only to become more depressed not to be in the mix. I could not stay away. Then I saved, planned, and purchased a small project just 3 weeks ago that will take me 6-12 months to get in the water I feel good now........even though it is an endless pit of money with many challenges ahead. I really believe it's worth it, and a hobby we can have fun doing well into our senior years. ....just take a break....wait one more week....Good Luck, and wish you rain when you need it.

fleetimus
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Mike,
I know that this had to be a tough decision But, you and/or Taylor are always welcome in my boat. Hell, I might convert you to the other side!!!!!:eek:

Lefty
07-24-2007, 08:41 PM
K-flat good luck in what ever you decide to do. Hopefully just because your selling the boat that doesn't mean you gonna stop with the videos? Eventhough we haven't seen one in a while. Keep us up to date with what you decide to do.

Kindsvater Flat
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
K-flat good luck in what ever you decide to do. Hopefully just because your selling the boat that doesn't mean you gonna stop with the videos? Eventhough we haven't seen one in a while. Keep us up to date with what you decide to do.
Be patient something is coming soon...... video that is.

wsuwrhr
07-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Sad to hear, I hope this is a joke.
The motor is fixable for sure though.
But if you are serious, I would be interested in the blower parts. PM me the details and see if we can make a deal.
Brian

scottwizer
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Mike,
Sorry to hear of your decision... I would hope that you reconsider as it doesn't really cost anything to let it sit. It costs no money to let it sit with a cover on it. I do know how you feel though, after having my first motor go south while breaking in the cam I thought it was all over. Luckily my wife said, "B.S. get that damn thing running again and get it wet."
Oh yeah... even though I have my own Kindsvater now, my dad is thinking of selling his 70 Kindsvater. So I have to say I know how your son feels. I have great memories of working on it with my dad since I was 3... It is hard to see something go after all of the great memories involved with it.
Hope it all works out for you... good luck.
Jason

Kindsvater Flat
07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
No joke. Details are in my signature.

Jetboatguru
07-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Mike,
Sorry to hear of your decision... I would hope that you reconsider as it doesn't really cost anything to let it sit. It costs no money to let it sit with a cover on it. I do know how you feel though, after having my first motor go south while breaking in the cam I thought it was all over. Luckily my wife said, "B.S. get that damn thing running again and get it wet."
Oh yeah... even though I have my own Kindsvater now, my dad is thinking of selling his 70 Kindsvater. So I have to say I know how your son feels. I have great memories of working on it with my dad since I was 3... It is hard to see something go after all of the great memories involved with it.
Hope it all works out for you... good luck.
Jason
Jason, It was nice meeting you Sunday. Thanks for introducing yourself and let me know when you are gonna be up this way again.
Tony

Boatmike
07-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Just gonna do the work, hunt, fish thing for awhile instead.
Been there done that! It doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)

LakesOnly
07-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Can't tell you how many times I've sold a boat intending to walk from the sport...only to end up regretting selling my boat. Wait a minute, yes I can tell you how many times: everytime. I've regretted it everytime.
C'mon, Mike.
LO

HONDOG
07-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Been there done that! It doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)
Who are you trying to kid? With your new job you aint got time for nothing but work! Seriously, hope you can get time to get it done and out to the lake soon.
Bob

Boatmike
07-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Who are you trying to kid? With your new job you aint got time for nothing but work! Seriously, hope you can get time to get it done and out to the lake soon.
Hey I am only running a multi million dollar operation. It takes alittle while to get'r dialed in the way i want it.:D :D I will take some time off soon. I am off today however!!!!;) ;) ;) ;)

funnycarmike
07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey, you should hook up with "mdunn01". He is selling that beautiful Cole T deck with a 440. If he had a little more HP in that thing he could sell the boat and you could sell those parts quite easily. Just a thought:idea:
Do you have any more info. on this Cole for sale???

scottwizer
07-26-2007, 10:10 PM
It was great to meet you too Tony. It is always great to meet a fellow V-driver and awesome racer. I will definatly let you know when we plan to head up again. Thanks again. :D

funnycarmike
07-28-2007, 08:29 AM
. . . . . . . . . . .Bueller? . . . . . . . . .Bueller? . . . . . . . . . . . .Bueller? . . .

Kindsvater Flat
07-28-2007, 11:38 AM
. . . . . . . . . . .Bueller? . . . . . . . . .Bueller? . . . . . . . . . . . .Bueller? . . .
Its in the spam section

Bobbo541
07-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Its a jet boat on page 6 in spam section

vdrivedenis
07-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Within the walls of this shop is a desease for which there is no known cure. Two x-wives-0, Flatbottoms-2 (Hondo and Cole):D

bonesfab
07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
If its all paid for , wrap it up and let it sit. selling for 50 cents on the dollar just to rebuy it later doesnt make a whole lotta sense. even though that would help out the economy..:). I may not use mine very often, but when i do get the time i just have to dust it off. Thought about selling it but just can't do it. Good luck with what ever you decide. tractor pulls... thats a farmers sport..

SANGER-RICH
07-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Darn well I hope you still come up to CFW and visit, we never got to meet you after you welded Linda's fuel tank neck back together for us on her cruiser, always looked for you but not knowing what you look like it makes it hard to find you, I shot silver bullets in the sky sending a signal for you but some times super heroes don't see them. Some day we will meet
Rich and Linda

Kindsvater Flat
07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
, always looked for you but not knowing what you look like it makes it hard to find you,
Funny you say that. I stood 3' from Lucky on new years at cfw and never knew it. Even got that on video.

sanger mike
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
always looked for you but not knowing what you look like it makes it hard to find you,
Rich and Linda
thats easy Rich, he looks like a FARM BOY. :jawdrop:

lucky
07-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Funny you say that. I stood 3' from Lucky on new years at cfw and never knew it. Even got that on video.
yea but if you had a wool sweater on you would have caught my attention :D