PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Plate Look-up?

Outnumbered
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Any way to look up an AZ dealer plate?
There is a jack-ass down the street from me that comes home drunk on a regular basis and burns-out down the street, hits curbs, etc. He actually almost ran my daughter and I over several months ago when we were riding bikes at dusk. I exchanged some words with him on that occasion and he just went in the house which was probably good since my 6 y/o was with me. He has taken the plate frame off the car so I don't know where it is from but it is a new car major brand because he comes home with a new vehicle of that brand every so often.
I would really like to call the dealership and talk to the GM because I don't know what else to do. Calling the cops does no good because he will be passed out in the house before they get here. I am afraid he is going to hit one of my cars in my driveway or worse yet, hit a kid.
Any ideas???

DUCKY
07-23-2007, 09:21 PM
ADOT keeps a record of the plate numbers issued to automotive dealers, and state law requires the dealership to keep active records of who used the plate and for what purpose. I would think that the police would come out and at least take a statement from you and hopefully investigate. I personally think I would follow him to work some day though and report the incidents to the general manager of the dealership. I can assure you that any dealer would take a report of a possible DUI in a vehicle they own very seriously. Good Luck!

pvhca
07-24-2007, 07:43 AM
where are u located, cuz I've had the same problem near our place in needles. That guy is from Colorado River Chev/Cad

Baja Big Dog
07-24-2007, 07:50 AM
The second request for licence plate info...looks like our plans to send down all the Raiders fans to AZ is working!!!!

Wheeler
07-24-2007, 07:54 AM
The second request for licence plate info...looks like our plans to send down all the Raiders fans to AZ is working!!!!
I have yet to make a trip to Phoenix since I moved to Az. sounds like I'm not missing much.

MADDOG355
07-24-2007, 08:07 AM
I would follow him to work some day though and report the incidents to the general manager of the dealership. I can assure you that any dealer would take a report of a possible DUI in a vehicle they own very seriously. Good Luck!
I would not bet on that.
I spent some time working at a major GM dealer here that also sold bass boats. One afternoon right before closing a rollback comes in hauling the boat sales managers demo boat and towing his Tahoe (all of which belonged to the dealership). When they were unloaded the owner of the dealership walked out there opend the door of the Tahoe and a whisky bottle fell out, and you could smell it on the sales manager. I figured he was going to get fired but the next morning he had already picked out his new Tahoe, and there was allready a crew rigging him a new boat when I got in at 7:00.

2Driver
07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
He’s going to do it in any car despite where he works or what he drives. The root of the issue is his behavior and drinking problem. Call the cops, video him and get other neighbors behind you. If he really is that pickled all the time I am sure the local MADD chapter can get you some resourse information on how to deal with this assclown.

Outnumbered
07-24-2007, 08:29 AM
I have yet to make a trip to Phoenix since I moved to Az. sounds like I'm not missing much.
I don't think you know too much about the car business. In order to get a demo you have to be a pretty "high-up" manager. Most of these guys make well in excess of $100k per year. Many make over $150k. We don't live in a Raider Nation neighborhood. Just like 2Driver said, it is a behavior problem and I know it is not uncommon in the stressful auto sales business. A lot of these guys have issues with drinking, drugs, gambling, etc.
I'm just getting sick of this jack-hole driving like a total ass down my street and then stumbling into his house every other night. Thought someone may have an idea or know if dealer plates are public info on some data base somewhere.

rrrr
07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
LMAO!!! :D :D