PDA

View Full Version : Teague engine

sonic35ss
07-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Can anyone give me any advice on my problem????:confused:
The engines runs fine on idling (ca 900 rpm).. but then I put the gear in, the idling drop (of course).. the engine start to go unequal (400-1200 rpm) and finally 8 of 10 times it stop under present docking.
It's not so funny, then you enter the harbor.....
The engines are untouched.....
Engine: 454 cui built by teague
B&M 420 mega blower+ super chiller
2*750 holly
0,5 bar bost.
cmi sport tube.
only 20 hours
grateful too some good ideas.. Regards Göran "Sweden"

Daytona100
07-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Sounds like the carbs might need some fine tuning.:idea:

sonic35ss
07-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Sounds like the carbs might need some fine tuning.:idea:
Ya, maybe... But I have hard to belive they sell the engines so bad tuning.:idea:
Any ideas of change?? I think the PV- valv opens then the rpm are at the lowest point, and then it gets gas and the rmp increase and so on,,,,,,,,

HALLETT BOY
07-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Ya, maybe... But I have hard to belive they sell the engines so bad tuning.:idea:
Any ideas of change?? I think the PV- valv opens then the rpm are at the lowest point, and then it gets gas and the rmp increase and so on,,,,,,,,
Please re- write your thread and be coherent ...it is very hard to read

mondorally
07-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Unless you can speak Swedish I think thats as good as its going to get:D .
-Justin

scarabrick2
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Something might be plugging the idle circuit. Play with the idle fuel mixture screw while the engine is warm and idleing out on the water in gear.
Look up the standard idle screw setting on the holley web site. prob like 1 1/2 turns out. Screw it in leans it out. Do one side(carb) then the other. hows your gas? fuel filter? CALL Teague and get some info from them. I'm sure they have a standard tune for that motor.

sonic35ss
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Sorry, it's not so easy to describe and translate it correct from swedish to english
which one do you mean? the first or the second thread???

born2burn
08-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Richen the idle circuit air/fuel screws a 1/8th of a turn. Make sure you adjust all of them exactly the same. Turning the screws out richens, turn the screws in leans it out. Sounds like yours is a touch to lean on the idle circuit.