PDA

View Full Version : Team Cranky on NBC for Catalina ski race

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 07:34 AM
On the start you can see us sitting in the back waiting to fire an engine.... Still finished in 10th....
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=13941148

Wheeler
07-24-2007, 07:35 AM
On the start you can see us sitting in the back waiting to fire an engine.... Still finished in 10th....
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=13941148
Great Job! we were rooting for you :D

my21advantage
07-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Sweet video...congrats on the finish!

Baja Big Dog
07-24-2007, 07:52 AM
With all the arm chair engineers around here, Im still amazed that ski pole made it!!!

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
With all the arm chair engineers around here, Im still amazed that ski pole made it!!!
I could tow my truck with that ski pole....

RiverDave
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I could tow my truck with that ski pole....
So much controversy about a pole? LOL ;) :D
Again glad it worked out for ya..
RD

Cole Trickle
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
How long was your start delayed?
How would you have faired if you got out clean with everyone else?
Congrats on finishing I was looking for the boat on the live web cast saturday morning:)

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
How long was your start delayed?
How would you have faired if you got out clean with everyone else?
Congrats on finishing I was looking for the boat on the live web cast saturday morning:)
15 seconds.... with out that delay easy to speculate but atleat 1 position maybe 3.. BUT it is all part of racing and who know's what type of problems they had....

Cole Trickle
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
15 seconds.... with out that delay easy to speculate but atleat 1 position maybe 3.. BUT it is all part of racing and who know's what type of problems they had....
Any plans for a different set up next year? What would it take to be in the top 3?
I imagine the boat is as fast as anything out there....:)

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Any plans for a different set up next year? What would it take to be in the top 3?
Any plans for a different set up next year? Yes fuel injected motors....
What would it take to be in the top 3? A tow rope to the Back of Davis' boat....:(

Cole Trickle
07-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Any plans for a different set up next year? Yes fuel injected motors....
What would it take to be in the top 3? A tow rope to the Back of Davis' boat....:(
Does the Nordic have more speed then the Fountain?:idea:
What is he running for power?

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
No just ALOT more experiance in approach to wakes and swells as well as a VERY talented rough water skier... PLUS year round time as a team several races a year....
Don't know the power in that boat...

Cole Trickle
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
No just ALOT more experiance in approach to wakes and swells as well as a VERY talented rough water skier... PLUS year round time as a team several races a year....
Gotcha....
I imagine with some more experience pulling skiers you will be at the top of the list. Like anything it takes reps to get it right.
I bet pulling the skier is quite a bit different than just running wide out and trying to keep the boat from flying away off the swells.
You gonna be on the lake this weekend?

Double Or Nothing
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Jay, I don’t now if you seen this yet.
That sure looks close,
Carlos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXyx9NtW6BM&NR=1

GETSOME
07-24-2007, 03:50 PM
It was great to finnally see your boat up close... It gives me somthing to dream about:D :D

Sportin' Wood
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Congrats on the top 10 finish, Jay! Not too shabby. :)
~Angie

AZJD
07-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Jay, I don’t now if you seen this yet.
That sure looks close,
Carlos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXyx9NtW6BM&NR=1
He has a few posted in another thread.......definately close though!

the real k-boat king
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
What is he running for power?pfaff 1000 hp in the davis nordic, pfaff power finished 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 6th, overall in the catalina ski race.:)

Goad
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I love the clip where they stray off to the spectators and they start to scatter.

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
So much controversy about a pole? LOL ;) :D
Again glad it worked out for ya..
RD
No Kidding..... I wouldn't be suprised if a few more people asked you to build them one....

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the top 10 finish, Jay! Not too shabby. :)
~Angie
Thank You:)

River Lynchmob
07-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Like K Boat said Phaff 1000 hp blower motors. It is not a real fast boat Randy and Todd both said in the 94 to 95 mph range. It just lays down the water and has a non step bottom. Just about any skier that has skied behind a step and a non step prefer the non step, they say wake is less foamy and easier to read...just the word on the street. :D

Riverkid
07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I talked to Randy on Friday. He's a real boat driver, always worried about his skier. Sometimes that's hard to find... Sure works for Todd. He also did real well behind the Lynch's Fountain too... :D

PHOTOGLOU
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I talked to Randy on Friday. He's a real boat driver, always worried about his skier. Sometimes that's hard to find... Sure works for Todd. He also did real well behind the Lynch's Fountain too... :D
If I could know as much as Randy has forgot about driving with the Talent of my skier and team I would be with the front pack:idea:
Next year hope to better 10th place

River Lynchmob
07-25-2007, 07:51 AM
If I could know as much as Randy has forgot about driving with the Talent of my skier and team I would be with the front pack:idea:
Next year hope to better 10th place
Jay, I believe Randy said this was his 21st year pulling this race plus all of the circle races and marathons he has been pulling over the years gives him as much experience as anyone out there. Give yourself a few years and a lot of things that you worried about this year become automatic and things seem to fall into place. Regardless you guys did a great job.

River Lynchmob
07-25-2007, 07:55 AM
I think Todd would do unreal with what ever you put him behind. He is a once in a generation skier that makes what he does look easy. But he also puts in more time than anyone out there as far as training goes. He probably skis Catalina 30 times during the year and has a trainer etc. It makes it real tough to beat someone that has that much experience with this race. He has both the talent and the dedication.

PHOTOGLOU
07-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Jay, I believe Randy said this was his 21st year pulling this race plus all of the circle races and marathons he has been pulling over the years gives him as much experience as anyone out there. Give yourself a few years and a lot of things that you worried about this year become automatic and things seem to fall into place. Regardless you guys did a great job.
Thank you..... Looking forward to next year..... Good to meet you too.....