PDA

View Full Version : More blacks should have this viewpoint....

rrrr
02-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Star Parker is a black woman journalist. I read her stuff from time to time, this column is amazingly to the point and exposes Jackson and Sharpton for what they are.
I know that the average HB forum member can't read this much, but try it..... :D
Racial politics don't help Katrina victims
Blacks need hope, not big government or more blame, says STAR PARKER
12:00 AM CST on Saturday, February 18, 2006
The House released its investigative report on Hurricane Katrina this week, under the title "A Failure of Initiative." The report is an indictment of government failure at all levels – federal, state and local.
In 379 pages, plus 141 appendices, the report documents government failure in major areas that, if handled better, could have reduced the death and damage caused by Katrina.
But it is also important to note what the report does not say. Nowhere is there any conclusion that the poor response resulted from racism.
We may recall, as the disaster in New Orleans was unfolding before our eyes, the allegations from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others on the black left, that the poor response was racially motivated.
These allegations were, of course, absurd. I wrote then that this was a tragic case in point of the inherent inefficiencies in government. Yet, the baseless and inflammatory allegations of the usual black demagogues achieved their destructive objectives.
Mr. Jackson, Mr. Sharpton and others who play the same game are not and will not be deterred by the demonstrable absence of truth in their pronouncements. They know that truth is irrelevant to their objectives. Those objectives – exploitation of a vulnerable black populace and getting coverage by media more interested in sensation than careful analysis – are achieved by making preposterous claims. Validity of these claims doesn't enter into the equation.
We might simply ask how is it that Mr. Sharpton, whose initial claim to fame was the infamous Tawana Brawley scam, can continue to make clearly false allegations on racially sensitive issues and still be regularly invited to appear in the media and be interviewed as a serious analyst and commentator.
The damage that the Sharptons and Jacksons cause is twofold.
First, there is the damage of the allegations themselves. A poor, black population, with a history that is unquestionably defined by injustice, is fertile ground for demagogues. History and circumstance make these folks susceptible to claims that they suffer because of an inherently hostile and racist "establishment."
The result is empowerment of the demagogues – Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Jackson get rich and powerful – and the blacks they are talking to are driven deeper and deeper into a destructive funk defined by hate, hopelessness and dependence. The very mind-set crucial to producing change and renewal – faith, hope, personal responsibility – is driven into oblivion by these politics of hate and blame.
Second, the demagogues promote ideas that are exactly the opposite of what blacks, or anyone, need. The Katrina debacle showed us, in the most tragic way, the limitations inherent in big government. Yet, despite the clarity of this picture, black politicians will continue to sell the idea that big government is the answer to black problems.
Let's recall that Katrina was the first big challenge faced by the Department of Homeland Security, created as a response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In true Washington fashion, the response to the 9/11 tragedy was a commission, a fat report and creation of a new bureaucracy. The newly created Homeland Security Department incorporated under one roof more than 20 former semiautonomous agencies – including the Federal Emergency Management Agency – with a total of 184,000 employees and a $40 billion budget.
USA Today reported a few days ago about the widespread fraud in the FEMA Expedited Assistance Program. This is the program whereby $2,000 payments are available to each household in the disaster area. According to USA Today, FEMA records show that 481,624 households in the four affected Louisiana parishes have received payments; however, census data documents only 398,629 households living in these four parishes.
The implied overpayment from possible fraudulent claims amounts to $166 million.
Now that government has demonstrated failure in dealing with the disaster, Louisiana politicians want government to play a major role in the recovery. Certainly, government has a legitimate role.
But creation of wealth and prosperity isn't part of it. Private initiative is the only answer to black poverty and to rebuilding New Orleans. The only beneficiaries of government programs are politicians – black and white.
Syndicated columnist Star Parker is an author and founder of the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education. She can be contacted through the Web site www. urbancure.org.

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Anybody that takes on Sharpton, Jackson and any of the other extortionists and racists is OK in my book. And if they're black Americans then I'm even happier. The sooner the constant whining and claims of racism are reduced the better this country will be. There are many other minorities here in the US and they don't bitch about racism and call for a return to affirmative action programs, etc. They find a way to succeed in this melting pot country by going to school, teaching their kids and working hard. That's what it takes to get ahead - not looking for the government to give you handouts and keep you on the dole. :mad:

Boatcop
02-18-2006, 05:50 PM
While Ms. Parker speaks the truth, she will be labeled as a "sell-out", Uncle (Auntie) Tom, or an Oreo, just as Condi Rice, Colin Powell, and other blacks who don't toe the Sharpton/Jackson line are.
Their whole scam is to portray all blacks as "victims", and actually demean their own race by implying that they can't get by without Government assistance (Welfare, Affirmative Action, quotas, etc.)
It's no wonder that educated successful Blacks (outside of Hollywood) who became successful by their own accord are predominantly conservative, and see the Sharptons, Jacksons, and NAACP clowns for what they really are. Opportunistic leaches, living off the despair and suffering of their own people.
If this was 200 years ago, they would be the ones selling their own tribesmen to the slave traders.

stvneil
02-18-2006, 05:51 PM
:mad:99& of african americans are great people. sharpton and jackson are fvckinf niggers.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-18-2006, 07:38 PM
:mad:99& of african americans are great people. sharpton and jackson are fvckinf niggers.
Okay, but you just contradicted yourself with that "word"...................... :rolleyes: :mad:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey a$$hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your mama's a nigger!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to watch when you use that word as$clown! :mad: :mad: :mad: There are BLACK members on this board! :mad:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
While Ms. Parker speaks the truth, she will be labeled as a "sell-out", Uncle (Auntie) Tom, or an Oreo, just as Condi Rice, Colin Powell, and other blacks who don't toe the Sharpton/Jackson line are.
Their whole scam is to portray all blacks as "victims", and actually demean their own race by implying that they can't get by without Government assistance (Welfare, Affirmative Action, quotas, etc.)
It's no wonder that educated successful Blacks (outside of Hollywood) who became successful by their own accord are predominantly conservative, and see the Sharptons, Jacksons, and NAACP clowns for what they really are. Opportunistic leaches, living off the despair and suffering of their own people.
If this was 200 years ago, they would be the ones selling their own tribesmen to the slave traders.
I agree 100%. Im black and I cant stand sharpton or jackson!! They make us hard working brothas look like idiots :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I can't stand IGNORANT people :yuk:

hoolign
02-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Okay, but you just contradicted yourself with that "word"...................... :rolleyes: :mad:
I may be off base here .. but
This has been topic'd before on HB. and as much as I detest racism. .There are negro's ..and niggers..there are Chineese and Chinks..Germans and Krauts, these slang terms for race and and natiaonalism are determined by the way people act. I have quite a few black friends that are by no means (_____ ) and chineese that are by no means (___) ..you get the picture! ( although I have a Hungarian friend that I could really use help in creating a derogotroy name for after he drinks all my JD ) The problem I really have with these derogatory names is "generalization"! I'm not sure what the derogatory term for white people is but it far out numbers the term for blacks, hispanics, chineese.!! There are oustanding, hard working , compassionate members of society that are white, black , brown, yellow, and lets huck in 'purple " for the full spectrum ..that deserve respect and not a 'lable' .. I do not mean any offence here whatso ever..it's just my .02
I don't condone being labled unless you earn it..and I don't know of one single person on here or that I associate with ...who does. ..but in all reality,.. I have met a few! as all of you have!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I may be off base here .. but
This has been topic'd before on HB. and as much as I detest racism. .There are negro's ..and niggers..there are Chineese and Chinks..Germans and Krauts, these slang terms for race and and natiaonalism are determined by the way people act. I have quite a few black friends that are by no means (_____ ) and chineese that are by no means (___) ..you get the picture! ( although I have a Hungarian friend that I could really use help in creating a derogotroy name for after he drinks all my JD ) The problem I really have with these derogatory names is "generalization"! I'm not sure what the derogatory term for white people is but it far out numbers the term for blacks, hispanics, chineese.!! There are oustanding, hard working , compassionate members of society that are white, black , brown, yellow, and lets huck in 'purple " for the full spectrum ..that deserve respect and not a 'lable' .. I do not mean any offence here whatso ever..it's just my .02
I don't condone being labled unless you earn it..and I don't know of one single person on here or that I associate with ...who does. ..but in all reality,.. I have met a few! as all of you have!
Hooligan, I respect what you have said, however I still think that ignorant people that use this "word" are still "ignant"....yea I used slang......I am soooo tired of people using this "word" as if it doesn't mean anything.....Well I am an Irish/Latin women marrying an African-American man....I know racism is still out there, which is why I jump at every chance I get when I see "IGNANT" people try to speak of this.....Just venting!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :yuk: ;) ;)

hoolign
02-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Hooligan, I respect what you have said, however I still think that ignorant people that use this "word" are still "ignant"....yea I used slang......I am soooo tired of people using this "word" as if it doesn't mean anything.....Well I am an Irish/Latin women marrying an African-American man....I know racism is still out there, which is why I jump at every chance I get when I see "IGNANT" people try to speak of this.....Just venting!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :yuk:
I also believe it's ignorant too...if its "off the tounge" and the first word used to describe an individual! ...Irish latin huh?? A drunken hostile?? :D
Ok ..Off topic here..I'm drinkin ..who's with me?

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I also believe it's ignorant too...if its "off the tounge" and the first word used to describe an individual! ...Irish latin huh?? A drunken hostile?? :D
Ok ..Off topic here..I'm drinkin ..who's with me?
LMAO...I'm right there with ya...I'm drinking on a little vodka....with cranberry.... :p :p Yup....Irish, Mexican, Coata Rican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoolign
02-18-2006, 10:22 PM
LMAO...I'm right there with ya...I'm drinking on a little vodka....with cranberry.... :p :p Yup....Irish, Mexican, Coata Rican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atta girl.. KUDOS!! To you and your ol man!
Jeff!

hoolign
02-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Hooli,
With spelling like this YOU are hereby prohibited from using "ignorant" when describing anyone. You Canatard!
"lable', Chineese, natiaonalism, derogotroy, tounge."
And furthermore, just who are you calling "compassionate"?
Frozen Hooli = Honkycicle
Rio :crossx:
I'm 3/4 picled on JD . ..where are the pix of your wife you promised?? you freakin "Ameritard puppy" :p

hoolign
02-18-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm 3/4 picled on JD . ..where are the pix of your wife you promised?? you freakin "Ameritard puppy" :p
P.S I'm goin to bed and doin me a Canadian/Swedish chick....I think :D

HCS
02-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I think Art Shell makes a great Raider coach.
That comment has nothing to do with anything.

Coleitis22
02-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Bullseye!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx:

ROZ
02-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Well I am an Irish/Latin women
BFD... America is THE melting pot..... Nobody's nationality on these boards is a surprise...
Everyone stop being so gosh damn senstive, and move on!
Signed,
The SpicPole Clogger....
<----Mexican Polish Dutch...

WUTWZAT
02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
P.S I'm goin to bed and doin me a Canadian/Swedish chick....I think :D
You think shes a chick or you think shes Canadian/Swedish, ah what do you care your tanked anyways...... Have fun which ever it is!
Jason