PDA

View Full Version : sanger decks

gunslinger
12-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Did sanger ever make a t-deck or are they all bubble type decks?

Morg
12-02-2002, 09:38 AM
Not that I've ever seen.

gunslinger
12-02-2002, 09:44 AM
The sanger flats have nice lines. Before I bought my hondo I looked at a few sangers but I perfer the t-deck for looks as well as saftey.

MikeF
12-02-2002, 12:05 PM
gunslinger:
The sanger flats have nice lines. Before I bought my hondo I looked at a few sangers but I perfer the t-deck for looks as well as saftey.G, I'm curious as to why the t-deck is safer?

dossangers
12-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Nothing looks as good as a sanger flat!!!!!! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/Air_Time.JPG

HavasuDreamin'
12-02-2002, 12:20 PM
MikeF
G, I'm curious as to why the t-deck is safer?[/QB]Apparently, a lot of drivers legs got tangled up in the steering wheel and dash on the traditional bubbledeckes and hard decks. The cutout allows you to be thrown free and clear from the boat in the event of an accident (at least in theory).

West Coast Dave
12-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Didn't Sanger make just a flat deck flattie before coming out w/ the bubbledeck design in the early 70's??/

69 Elim
12-02-2002, 02:35 PM
West Coast Dave:
Didn't Sanger make just a flat deck flattie before coming out w/ the bubbledeck design in the early 70's??/yep.
http://free.***boat.net/hbcove/37/2/01.jpg

Back To Havasu
12-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Sanger has been in business since the 50s. The bubbledeck design didn't appear until the 70s. :D

gunslinger
12-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Dossangers, killer looking boat! The t-deck was to keep your legs from hanging up under the deck. From what I have seen, the drivers legs seem to be far back in the sangers.

Ian
12-02-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey dossangers I am pretyy sure I've seen you up at needles, I usually go to all of Billy B's events. Do you stay at the house by the bridge? I have a blown Cole TR2, it's white with some blue stripes on it.

INEEDAV
12-02-2002, 09:11 PM
Dossangers- awesome pic, that is the kind of pic that keeps me spending money to get my first boat together and going

West Coast Dave
12-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey 68 Elim, forgot about your beautiful Sanger. Have you been back out @ Millerton lately?? Chris took his bubbledeck out only twice since we saw you @ Millerton. We're going to freshen up the big block, add some more compression and change cams during the off season. See you guys next year!!

69 Elim
12-03-2002, 03:04 PM
WCD - we were out at Millerton last Sunday but not in the sanger. It has been about a month since I took the sanger out. I just picked up a Spectra 20 (cruiser) and thinking about selling the Elim flatbottom. We'll see ya out there next year for sure!

Sangerboy
12-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Allright people! A thread on Sanger flatbottoms, I agree that the bubbledecks, especially the long deck models (18-3 circle runner and 18-6 drag runner) have some of the prettiest lines on the water. That's one of the reasons I love my circle runner. However they are not the most efficient hulls compared to some of the later Coles, Hondos and Canyons. If you're running 100+ mph these hulls when properly set up can give you 10 to 15% higher top speed than the Sanger. That's why I'm building a milder motor for the Sanger to make it a lake cruiser and will be looking for a new runner bottom soon.

ACCEPTENCE
12-05-2002, 06:41 PM
dossangers:
Nothing looks as good as a sanger flat!!!!!! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/Air_Time.JPGI couldn't agree more...
"Apparently, a lot of drivers legs got tangled up in the steering wheel and dash on the traditional bubbledeckes and hard decks. The cutout allows you to be thrown free and clear from the boat in the event of an accident (at least in theory). "
When I built this boat, that was a concern. I set it up with the seat further back, my feet aren't under the dash just for that reason. As you can see from the pic, being tossed from the boat could happen at any moment...
"Hey dossangers I am pretyy sure I've seen you up at needles, I usually go to all of Billy B's events. Do you stay at the house by the bridge? I have a blown Cole TR2, it's white with some blue stripes on it."
Well I'm not real sure where the doss dudes lives but yes you would have seen me and my BAF/449 hanging across the river from the campground at needles. We also were up for the B.B. bash. Lots fun and outta control passes...
"That's why I'm building a milder motor for the Sanger to make it a lake cruiser and will be looking for a new runner bottom soon."
Geezz ya think??? Bring the new runner bottom to the river and we'll see where a 15% faster hull gets you, It'll be fun and you'll have something to compare your new boat to...
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/BAF449.JPG

ACCEPTENCE
12-05-2002, 06:43 PM
That about wraps it up...

72 superlite
12-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Sanger didn't make a t-deck, like the Hondos, but they did square the corner of the cockpit on the drivers side, like from the steering column over. ( if you were sitting in the drivers seat, to the left of the column.) This made it so your left leg wasn't under the deck. Not sure of the year they started it, had to be after '72, as thats what mine is. I believe Irv Brendell of Hondo was the one who started this design( the T-deck ) to do something about legs getting tangled with the boat in a crash.