PDA

View Full Version : itunes geeks, help a brotha out!!

4day!!
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
just got a new laptop today and want to see what is the easiest way to transfer my entire itunes library from my old laptop to my new one. I know i can burn a sh1t load of cd-r's, but is there an easier way?

Jyruiz
07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
USB drive or network the laptops (real easy) and transfer everything you want.

my21advantage
07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Flash Drive

adjones419
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
USB file transfer...might take a while though.

4day!!
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Flash Drive
i have a 4 gig flas drive. Do i use itunes to put the songs on the flash drive and then import fromt he flash drive to itunes on the new laptop. i'm not a smart man, but i know what lots o music is.

BarryMac
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Help another brother out (sorry for jacking the thread)...
All of the sudden my computer says that it doesn't recognize the device attached to the USB port? Just happened all of the sudden???
Again, sorry for the thread jack... :(

Jyruiz
07-24-2007, 02:47 PM
i have a 4 gig flas drive. Do i use itunes to put the songs on the flash drive and then import fromt he flash drive to itunes on the new laptop. i'm not a smart man, but i know what lots o music is.
Transfer the music folders to the flash drive using explorer, then transfer them to the new laptop, then install iTunes. This way iTunes will do a search and find all your music. Trying to keep it simple here.

my21advantage
07-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Exactly...just make sure you leave the music on the old computer till you know that you imported it into the new computer... and you can always back up your music with cd's, it doesn't hurt

Bense468
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Just copy the itunes music folder to a usb drive, or dvd if your not networked. If your networked get them both online and just drag and drop the file over.

ChumpChange
07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Help another brother out (sorry for jacking the thread)...
All of the sudden my computer says that it doesn't recognize the device attached to the USB port? Just happened all of the sudden???
Again, sorry for the thread jack... :(
Turn it off, wait for 30 seconds and turn back on. Thank you for calling tech support. :D

BarryMac
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Turn it off, wait for 30 seconds and turn back on. Thank you for calling tech support. :D
I knew I could count on HB...
tried that didn't work, anyone else??? :D

ChumpChange
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
tried that didn't work, anyone else??? :D
Hammer? It once worked on my engine when it didn't start.

phebus
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
When I got my new computer, the tech had me just use my iPod as a hard drive and it was the transfer device.
You don't need any flash drives or anything else.