PDA

View Full Version : jet boat question (yes I know it is the wrong forum)

jeff-in-ky
06-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Like I said I know this is sacrilige to ask about a jet boat in here but I think some of you can answer my question and are more knowledgeable about the boat in question. I am considering buying a 1984 Cole jet boat it looks like the TR-2,3,4 flatbottoms and is 18ft long. I thought I read somewhere that flatbottom jets were almost as bad as jet hydros. I was thinking about building a budget bracket racer for use in the KDBA. I know I should just get a v-drive but I like to be different (kinda like slowy) he he.
Thanks for your input in advance.

HavasuDreamin'
06-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Isn't the Cole T-Deck jet boat a semi v bottom? I thought it was but I could be wrong. Good Luck!

jeff-in-ky
06-20-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey HD#2,
It sure looks like a flatbottom, there is no floor at all, just full length stringers and the hull. I have been trying to buy this boat for over a year, there is no motor and a large high performance dealership has it for sale, so they don't exactly cater to the clientel that would be interested in it. I think they are about ready to take my offer, that is why I am checking.

superdave013
06-20-2002, 12:56 PM
All of the cole jets I have seen were semi v bottoms. And yes the decks look just like the flats. I'm not saying all of them are that way, just the one's I have seen. There are nice though.

coolchange
06-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Coles that had t-decks and were jet boats had what is sometimes refered to as a pantera bottom. I think it came from hondo's name for that hull. It has a delta pad and made a nice boat. Good ride and performance. They made a neat v-drive hull also. A freind had one as a brendella, bubble deck-same bottom. 82 mph with mild ford.

HavasuDreamin'
06-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by jeff-in-ky:
Hey HD#2,
It sure looks like a flatbottom, there is no floor at all, just full length stringers and the hull. I have been trying to buy this boat for over a year, there is no motor and a large high performance dealership has it for sale, so they don't exactly cater to the clientel that would be interested in it. I think they are about ready to take my offer, that is why I am checking.
Well you would know if it were a v-bottom. Are you sure it is a Cole? Check the hull ID number. Don't the first two letters identify the manufacture? My Eliminator starts out with EL........etc. Good Luck.