PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Bartenders....wtf???

bear down
07-25-2007, 05:06 AM
the first time this happened I thought maybe it was a once in a lifetime occurrence. then it happened again two weeks later. While at the bar in Topok my wife ordered a beer and brought it back to our table. she took a couple of drinks and noticed it was too warm, she took it back to the bartender and told him. He raised his brow and then took a drink of the beer from the glass and my wife was shocked. Two weeks later at a Chili's in Prescotte she returned a maragrita because it tasted like the sanitizing solution they use to clean the glasses. Our bartender took a drink as well to confirm like the other one in Topok.. I have traveled to many countries and states and this never happened to us before. What a trip.

shadow
07-25-2007, 05:11 AM
the first time this happened I thought maybe it was a once in a lifetime occurrence. then it happened again two weeks later. While at the bar in Topok my wife ordered a beer and brought it back to our table. she took a couple of drinks and noticed it was too warm, she took it back to the bartender and told him. He raised his brow and then took a drink of the beer from the glass and my wife was shocked. Two weeks later at a Chili's in Prescotte she returned a maragrita because it tasted like the sanitizing solution they use to clean the glasses. Our bartender took a drink as well to confirm like the other one in Topok.. I have traveled to many countries and states and this never happened to us before. What a trip.
If i'm not mistaken i belive in AZ it is illegal for anyone working in a bar to
consume alcohol:confused:

TAF
07-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Suppose they might have said "I just tasted it but I never swallowed" sounds like a true politician. nah, they couldn't be that smart!:) :)

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2007, 05:20 AM
You're assuming they put Alchohol in the drinks at Chili's... :D

ChumpChange
07-25-2007, 06:22 AM
I don't think that is why he is shocked. There are places in Cali that have the workers drink as well.
They are drinking HIS drink though. I have taken Margaritas back in the past and they just throw them out on my word....they don't take a drink out of it first. :eek:

Miss Perfect
07-25-2007, 06:25 AM
If they deemed that it was not too warm or that it didn't taste funny would they have just handed it back to you? I mean, what's the point of tasting it?

Eliminator 4 Life
07-25-2007, 06:32 AM
So I guess you wanna be a bartender in AZ now:D

MrsSigEpMock
07-25-2007, 06:39 AM
I know in Vegas that we had a bartender make a drink he had never made and he sampled it. I think they are allowed to taste, but not "drink"

Havasteve
07-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I quit stopping at the Topok bar for a beer because they are usually not very cold, for a bar to serve warm beer is lame.

Tequila-John
07-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Its the Wild Wild west out here in AZ. Batenders drinking, people walking around with guns on there hip as they shop at the Mall. Fun stuff

dirty old man
07-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Many, many years ago, when I was a dirty young man, I thought Topoc had the coldest beer I'd ever tasted. Guess by now they may need a new refrigerator

HavaSkank
07-25-2007, 07:54 AM
"I just tasted it but I never swallowed"
Sounds like my date last night

yopengo
07-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Many, many years ago, when I was a dirty young man, I thought Topoc had the coldest beer I'd ever tasted. Guess by now they may need a new refrigerator
That is back when they used an ice box. :eek: :D

bear down
07-25-2007, 08:31 AM
a bartender drinking is no big deal at all... many other states allow bartenders to drink... which I think is cool! But what wierded us out was that they drank from my glass...
Just wierd... if they do that to everyone... well heck there are all kinds of sicko's out there!! :confused:

BDMar
07-25-2007, 08:31 AM
How about just the fact that he took a drink from a glass a stranger in a bar drank from?? Does he also stir your drink with his finger after visiting the bathroom??

BDMar
07-25-2007, 08:32 AM
a bartender drinking is no big deal at all... many other states allow bartenders to drink... which I think is cool! But what wierded us out was that they drank from my glass...
Just wierd... if they do that to everyone... well heck there are all kinds of sicko's out there!!
Beat me to it!!:D

Cigalert
07-25-2007, 08:41 AM
How about just the fact that he took a drink from a glass a stranger in a bar drank from?? Does he also stir your drink with his finger after visiting the bathroom??
I feel bad about this now but I had a guy spit his drink on my face while I was bartending and yelled "make me another one, this one is crap". Being the bouncer also, I wanted to use his head to open the doors but I refrained. I toweled up my face and made the exact same drink only I mixed it with the fingers that just came out of a waitress.

phebus
07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
I feel bad about this now but I had a guy spit his drink on my face while I was bartending and yelled "make me another one, this one is crap". Being the bouncer also, I wanted to use his head to open the doors but I refrained. I toweled up my face and made the exact same drink only I mixed it with the fingers that just came out of a waitress.
He should have thanked you. Probably the only pussy he was going to get. :eek:

Nord
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
:jawdrop: Sounds like my date last night
:jawdrop: