PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of our new 22i vs our 2003 22iR

Trailer Park Casanova
07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Impressions of our new 22i over our past 2003 iR
Differences over the past 2003 Tige' we had are the new rack and pinion steering is much improved over the old style spool and cable. Way crisper response.
The 340 HP Marine Power has much more noticable & useable power than the 315 Merc and was $5000 less money than the Mercury Scorpion. Housing up-front for easy change-out of the pick up pump impeller. Sturdier oil filter platform too. Same GM Vortec block, Merc is approaching priced-out status in addition to poor dealer support anymore IOHO's.
Most the major tow boat builders have dropped Mercury.
Hull bottom shape improvements for an even better ride in chop, and a larger cleaner wake (on demand).
Interior much plusher, though several punctures in the vinyl before delivery. Hope this doesn't become an issue with Tige' to get resolved like in the past. Things got real ugly real quick with our 2003.
Drip moulded graphics a big plus.
Tige' speed control streets ahead of the Perfect Pass system. Way better.
Much larger gauges, excellent gauges too. Both the analog and digital much easier to read.
TAPS faster response for wake control.
Overall fit and finish and trim improved.
The Xplosion tower has put Phatt Buddie out of the tower business we're told and we can see why. Excellent design.
Das German ZF trans seems smoother shifting & maybe less slip underway than the Merc Velvet drive.
Extreme has really improved their trailers.
The E series lower profile 90 psi x-tra wide tires are a huge improvement in towing too. And overall the trailer seems better built over the Extreme '03.
Big difference in towing. Really surprising. Can't even tell it's back there. Blindsided us. Just overall nice to pull.
A really fun boat to drive.
The excellent towing and wakeboarding skills the boat has is a big bonus.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/2007roadtripnewTige215.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Lets see a full pic. I'm going out on a malibu next week and can't wait to wakeboard behind an actual wakeboard specific boat,:D

Coach
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Impressions of our new 22i over our past 2003 iR
Differences over the past 2003 Tige' we had are the new rack and pinion steering is much improved over the old style spool and cable. Way crisper response.
The 340 HP Marine Power has much more noticable & useable power than the 315 Merc and was $5000 less money than the Mercury Scorpion. Housing up-front for easy change-out of the pick up pump impeller. Sturdier oil filter platform too. Same GM Vortec block, Merc is approaching priced-out status in addition to poor dealer support anymore IOHO's.
Most the major tow boat builders have dropped Mercury.
Hull bottom shape improvements for an even better ride in chop, and a larger cleaner wake (on demand).
Interior much plusher, though several punctures in the vinyl before delivery. Hope this doesn't become an issue with Tige' to get resolved like in the past. Things got real ugly real quick with our 2003.
Drip moulded graphics a big plus.
Tige' speed control streets ahead of the Perfect Pass system. Way better.
Much larger gauges, excellent gauges too. Both the analog and digital much easier to read.
TAPS faster response for wake control.
Overall fit and finish and trim improved.
The Xplosion tower has put Phatt Buddie out of the tower business we're told and we can see why. Excellent design.
Das German ZF trans seems smoother shifting & maybe less slip underway than the Merc Velvet drive.
Extreme has really improved their trailers.
The E series lower profile 90 psi x-tra wide tires are a huge improvement in towing too. And overall the trailer seems better built over the Extreme '03.
Big difference in towing. Really surprising. Can't even tell it's back there. Blindsided us. Just overall nice to pull.
A really fun boat to drive.
The excellent towing and wakeboarding skills the boat has is a big bonus.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/2007roadtripnewTige215.jpg
Great over view. I have been very happy with our new RZ2. The vinyl has been and issue to keep clean (I had it done all white) but did find a solution. Overall a few minor issues but overall the MP engine is great. The vinyl and interior plush and well thought out. The speed set is the best in the industry right now (even my MC buddies like it better). E-tower looks sweet ( a bit creaky but that might be to the wetsounds 90 lbs of speakers :) ) And the Tige best trait is the rough water handling.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-03-2007, 06:28 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/2007roadtripnewTige217.jpg?t=1186242577
3M Marine vinyl UV protector/conditioner is working for us.
Supurb cleaning too.
Part # 3M 09023
Tower is silent & solid.
Boat is a blast to drive.
Super ride in the rough water.
3M UV Protection Marine wax is excellent too.
Easy on, easy off, even in the hot sun.
Maybe bext year at the Regatta coach?