PDA

View Full Version : My 16 year old son ran away last Thursday...

PunkAssBitch
07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
not from home, but from his school/Residential Treatment Facility. My son has severe mental health issues & has been in placement for the last few years....some of you may recall the last time I posted about him...he got $hitfaced drunk & passed out on the trolley while he was home on a homepass.
Anyhow...I've been posting bulletins on MySpace, but I figure that I may as well post this info here as well since there are quite a few of you that live in Riverside County, which is where I THINK he may be....the more eyes looking out the better, right?
His name is Hayden, he's 16 yrs old. 6'2", 198 lbs. Brown curly hair, hazel eyes. Both of his ears are pierced & he wears large "gauge" earrings. He dresses in the typical "punk" garb...tight pants, usually covered in patches, punk band t-shirts, a hoodie covered in patches, and sometimes a jean vest covered in studs & patches, and skate shoes. I have no idea what he was wearing when he took off, and more than likely, he took off without any money, ID, or extra clothes, since he walked away from school on Thursday morning.
I'm clueless on posting pics here...but here's a link to one:
http://i10.tinypic.com/6h6ygk7.jpg
He has done this kind of thing before, but he has never not checked in with me. No one has seen nor heard from him, as far as I can tell. He is off of his medications & he does have a history of drinking & using drugs.
I just want to know if he's alive & safe.
I have to run, have to go pick up a copy of the Missing Person's report & do a job in Ramona...Thanks...

topless
07-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry for even saying this because I know he's your son and you love him but if I ever saw a kid like you just described around my daughter, I'd shoot him.

Nord
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I'll keep my eyes open Angel, hope you find him soon.
~NORD~

RitcheyRch
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry to hear this. Good luck in finding him.

topless
07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Scratch that, I just saw his picture. I'd let the cops take him away. I'm sure he's safe and will pray for you.

shippingguy
07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry for even saying this because I know he's your son and you love him but if I ever saw a kid like you just described around my daughter, I'd shoot him.
What is the point of even saying that:idea:

Nord
07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Great thing to say at a time like this.:yuk: You should know better than that being a Mother.

MRS FLYIN VEE
I will send this to my brother. He is out in Nuevo.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/6h6ygk7.jpg

CBadDad
That was uncalled for.

blackcloud75
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I wish the best for you and your son.....
Plenty of HB'rs up here in the Riverside Area...
Any recent changes since this pic..?

topless
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Great thing to say at a time like this.:yuk: You should know better than that being a Mother.Guess you didn't see my other post now did ya?:idea:

Nord
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Guess you didn't see my other post now did ya?:idea:
Your second post?? That is your recovery from the first one?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
lets take this to another thread.. This is for someone missing.. an is important to find him..

Beer-30
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Obviously looking for attention and looking to manipulate. He is old enough to fend for himself, especially if he is making decisions to run away.
He'll be back when he hits bottom. When he walks back in the front door, I wouldn't swoon over him. Just say "you ready to straighten up? If not, go right back out the door you came in." I know that is exactly what my father would have done if I acted like this.

Nord
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Obviously looking for attention and looking to manipulate. He is old enough to fend for himself, especially if he is making decisions to run away.
He'll be back when he hits bottom. When he walks back in the front door, I wouldn't swoon over him. Just say "you ready to straighten up? If not, go right back out the door you came in." I know that is exactly what my father would have done if I acted like this.
good stuff here.:rolleyes:

BrendellaJet
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow, what a total bitch you are. Why dont you delete your post?

Nord
07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
There is a Showcase theatre near my house in Corona. LOTS of punk shows for all ages there, that might be a good place to start looking Angel.

topless
07-25-2007, 11:28 AM
He'll be back when he hits bottom. When he walks back in the front door, I wouldn't swoon over him. Just say "you ready to straighten up? If not, go right back out the door you came in." I know that is exactly what my father would have done if I acted like this.Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I still wouldn't welcome him into my home for a Sunday Barbeque. Still, You are in my prayers Punk.

adjones419
That was uncalled for.
I'll agree. Just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to post it.

XFactor
Scratch that, I just saw his picture. I'd let the cops take him away. I'm sure he's safe and will pray for you.
What a low life. :mad: How and why do you try to defend a post like this?
Good luck with your son PAB. I'll keep my eyes open.

topless
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Wow, what a total bitch you are. Why dont you delete your post?Because I don't want to maybe?????:confused:

Riverguy92345
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
we wish you the best and hope you find him soon...keep us up to date please

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Topless, your posts are rude and uncalled for. If anyone said that about your kids you would be pissed.
I know this is the interent and everyone is open to criticizm and ridicule when they post but this is about a missing kid. PAB is just trying to get the word out.

RitcheyRch
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Ditto that. This thread went from bad to worse in a few postings.
lets take this to another thread.. This is for someone missing.. an is important to find him..

topless
07-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm sure he's fine. He's done this before but I know it's scary.

C-2
07-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Punkers stick together since they are outside the norm - his friends will know where he's at (sooner or later). Get in touch with their parents without the kids knowing, tell them what's going on.
Small cash bribes also work wonders.

Mr. C
07-25-2007, 11:37 AM
PAB, Hang in there, I'm sure it will all work out.
I think maybe you missed the part about having mental issues, maybe he is 16 but not quite all with it.
Topless....:(
sometimes it's better to keep our thoughts to ourself

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry about your son, PunkAssBitch. :(
I'm a long way away so I can't help locate your uson but I can imagine you must go through some serious stress during these episodes.

Miss Perfect
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I hope you hear from him soon PAB. I can't imagine what it must be like not knowing where your kid is or that they are ok. Hugs to you..

topless
07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I think maybe you missed the part about having mental issues, maybe he is 16 but not quite all with it.
sometimes it's better to keep our thoughts to ourselfMaybe so but still I wouldn't let him around my daughter. I did retract my first post on this subject. I wouldn't shoot anyone except later maybe.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
anyone can do there shiat talkin here.. I posted another thread.. If you want to talk shiat stay on this one..

Baja Big Dog
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Ive made some bad posts on here, and in the interest of the feelings of others I deleted them.
I cant put a value on how much I would spend or what I would do to have my son back, and I cant even imagine wishing death on any kid, weather he/she was a douche bag or a Rhodes scholar!!
Every one make mistakes, this kid may have made a few, and some posters have made a few, the posters have it easy, they can delete!!:mad:
I hope the posting of some dont take away from your search, and I wish you the best of luck, and when he returns, love him......please!

Jyruiz
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I hope your son returns home soon.

yopengo
07-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Not cool. You should know...:eek:
BAB - I hope everything works out for you and your son. I will keep an eye out for him.

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Topless,
When your children were stranded at the Denver airport, we helped and supported you. We defended you from the people who called you a bad parent for sending your children unchaperoned. I'm confident we would do the same in the future. There is a wonderful group of people here.
Is there any way you could change sides and become part of the group supporting a mother in a time of need, or at least delete your posts? If you could do that, it would make it a lot easier to be your friend.
Thank you,
Tom :)

BshyBvrGirl
07-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Tom Brown...can I be your friend :)
You just said exactly what I was thinking....great minds :D

thumbs
07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I hope for a safe return of your son.
Maybe so but still I wouldn't let him around my daughter. I did retract my first post on this subject. I wouldn't shoot anyone except later maybe.
You have already dug a hole. Now you should stop digging or put your head it it and fill it back up.
Funny thing is if you flipped the script on this bad situation you would come unglued.

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I hope for a safe return of your son.
You have already dug a hole. Now you should stop digging or put your head it it and fill it back up.
Funny thing is if you flipped the script on this bad situation you would come unglued.
Would??? She did....

topless
07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Topless,
When your children were stranded at the Denver airport, we helped and supported you. We defended you from the people who called you a bad parent for sending your children unchaperoned. I'm confident we would do the same in the future. There is a wonderful group of people here.
Is there any way you could change sides and become part of the group supporting a mother in a time of need, or at least delete your posts? If you could do that, it would make it a lot easier to be your friend.
Thank you,
Tom :)How many times do I need t say forget the first post and they will be in my prayers? I never would wish death on anyone. How many people here have said "I'd shoot him if he came around my daughter" when they had no intention of harming anyone but just trying to sound badass?
My kids going to see their dad in Texas is totally different and maybe I shouldn't have posted it here but I did and they had money, cell phones and were safe. I still pray PAB's son turns up safe and gets the mental health care he needs. I know it's scary everytime this kids pulls a stunt. May God be with him.

YeLLowBoaT
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
GL finding him. I'm sure one of his friends knows where he is.

Shreve "T"
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
WAY TO GO TOPLESS !!!!!!!!!!:idea:

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you for the explanation, Alison. I know you're doing your best.
It's really a shame such a harsh and superficial judgement of PunkAssBitch's son has to stay in this thread at a time when she is already down but if that's the way it has to be, I will learn to live with it.
Best wishes, Alison. :cool:

yopengo
07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
How many times do I need t say forget the first post and they will be in my prayers? I never would wish death on anyone. How many people here have said "I'd shoot him if he came around my daughter" when they had no intention of harming anyone but just trying to sound badass?
My kids going to see their dad in Texas is totally different and maybe I shouldn't have posted it here but I did and they had money, cell phones and were safe. I still pray PAB's son turns up safe and gets the mental health care he needs. I know it's scary everytime this kids pulls a stunt. May God be with him.
Being the first person to reply to a call for help from Hot Boat with your comments and then saying "forget it" is not cool. It is not the literal "shoot him" remark, its that you having also called for help had no regard for a mothers feelings. My .02

topless
07-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Thank you for the explanation, Alison. I know you're doing your best.
It's really a shame such a harsh and superficial judgement of PunkAssBitch's son has to stay in this thread at a time when she is already down but if that's the way it has to be, I will learn to live with it.
Best wishes, Alison. :cool:I would have deleted it if it hadn't already been quoted but it is pointless don't ya think?

topless
07-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Being the first person to reply to a call for help from Hot Boat with your comments and then saying "forget it" is not cool. It is not the literal "shoot him" remark, its that you having also called for help had no regard for a mothers feelings. My .02
Being the bad parent I am, you have to take that into consideration. I do have feelings for her and what she must be going through and despite what you might think of me or my post, I'll only say this one more time, THEY WILL BOTH BE IN MY PRAYERS. I'm done.

Old Texan
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Stubborness is not a virtue...:(

WYRD
07-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I would have deleted it if it hadn't already been quoted but it is pointless don't ya think?
Not only is it not pointless but it would be the most respectful thing to do.......should be a no brainer:confused:
Best wishes PAB

Beer-30
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
You're right. We don't actually know the level of mental issues that exist/don't exist. After dealing with several out-of-control-juveniles, parents alot of the time see rebellion as mental.
Based on the fact that he is making adult decisions, I don't see too much evidence that he can't take care of himself - IE, find food, water, shelter. If he is making decisions to acquire alcohol, get drunk, and get on a trolley - I read it as adult type actions. Also, to make a decision to leave a place of comfort - again, clearly made decision.
That's what I was getting at.
Sure, I hope the kid is OK, but at 16 there is not much to be done. Pressuring the friends is a good idea.

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Based on the fact that he is making adult decisions, I don't see too much evidence that he can't take care of himself....
That sounds like a well thought out and wise judgement... about this person you've never met and know only from a few descriptive lines of text on an Internet site.
.... jackass :yuk:

Beer-30
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
That sounds like a well thought out and wise judgement... about this person you've never met and know only from a few descriptive lines of text on an Internet site.
.... jackass :yuk:
You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. We should all just listen to you, since you know everything. Thank you for opening my eyes.:rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-25-2007, 12:51 PM
I am going to post on this thread for the last time..
I spoke to Angel about her son on Sat at a party.
She is very worried about him. Yes he may not be the greatest kids as of right now. But he is still her flesh and blood. She is being a Mom right now and needs help to find her son.
He is in need of meds he is not taking. He is only 16 and to me being a mother. A 16 year old can not make right decisions for his own well being. Specially without his meds. So please let the BS go and find this kid. If he was capable of making right decisions he wouldn't have ran away from somewhere that they were trying to help him from. That is why you are an adult at 18.

WYRD
07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Jesus H Christ! WTF is wrong with you people......The Thread is asking for help finding her 16yo SON, yet it gets responses such as "He's an adult he will find his way" to "if he comes near my daughter I'd shoot him" Real class act! I pray nothing ever happens to your own kids cause I bet your comments would be different. Get a life and post these kinds of comments in another thread...

Old Texan
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
This thread should be closed. The new thread is operating and this has taken on a nonproductive tone. Moderators?????:(

Windy
07-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Dang Angel...still no sign of him. You must be going nuts. I will pray for his safe return. Keep your chin up girl.

Her454
07-25-2007, 01:17 PM
She is very worried about him. Yes he may not be the greatest kids as of right now. But he is still her flesh and blood. She is being a Mom right now and needs help to find her son.
He is in need of meds he is not taking. He is only 16.
I really don't even want to contribute to this thread as I am so shocked at some of the responses. Alison, you of all people should understand that being a mother comes first, above and beyond anything else. The child has a mental illness and obviously needs to be found. Regardless of how you meant your post to sound, it was uncalled for and if the situation were reversed you would be the first to point it out.
My heart goes out to Angel and I hope he is found soon, and safe.

Jyruiz
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Jesus H Christ! WTF is wrong with you people......The Thread is asking for help finding her 16yo SON, yet it gets responses such as "He's an adult he will find his way" to "if he comes near my daughter I'd shoot him" Real class act! I pray nothing ever happens to your own kids cause I bet your comments would be different. Get a life and post these kinds of comments in another thread...
Totally agree.

Nord
07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I concur....

Cole Trickle
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Word:)
I hope you find your son ASAP!!

Cs19
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
unbelievable...:rolleyes:

Sleeper CP
07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
I think if my son ever brought home a girl with as little class as you exhibited in your quote I might shoot him.
P.S. Just a thought: How pickled must a brain be from drugs, alcohol or both to be able to write that? And then refuse to delete it when called on it. Wow(not it a good way)
Sleeper CP

Screemy1
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I work everyday with kids like yours, right out of residential and runaways, cutters and gang bangers from foster care.... yes, gnag bangers in forster care are differant then gang bangers living with their famlies..... check the storm drain tunnels..... major party and living area for these kids...... from there you will get addresses of abondoned houses and other areas they are sleeping..... money works as bribes.... but make then go with you, 1 kid in your car to the location he says your son is... then pay.... infront of your son.... it gets to them when they see friends roll them for cash......

BrendellaJet
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I would have deleted it if it hadn't already been quoted but it is pointless don't ya think?
nope, not at all. You delete yours and mine will disappear too.

Mrs.Killer
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
unbelievable...:rolleyes:
Remember, this is coming from someone who never has anything nice to say....But don't talk about her kids, she may come unglued.:idea:
PAB, hope all turns out well.

Sleeper CP
07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
nope, not at all. You delete yours and mine will disappear too.
As will mine.
Sleeper CP

RiverDave
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
You know, I've been on this board for a loooonnnngggg time. I always considered it a kind of community of sorts. Boaters helping boaters, you know old school river people... "Good People" Salt of the Earth type stuff.
When I first joined I was flat addicted to it, I couldn't believe my luck on stumbling upon such a class act community. We threw parties, and we had a blast.. People fell on hard times, others helped out.. People passed away, and the whole community mourned, and people came together not as a community but more or less as a family.
Sure people talked a little smack on the internet, but 9 times out of 10 it was a technical argument, and atleast people had the decency not to get too personal about it. Point in fact I'd bet even the sworn enemies of the day, would've helped each other out in a time of need if they passed each other on the water.
The common thread holding it all together was a community with atleast a simmilar idea of values and principals. Quality people, doing Quality activities, with other Quality people, generally with Quality rides spread out amongst them. Old School boaters if you will.
Too many newbies on this site, they tend to assume that if they are on ***boat then odds are they are a stand up guy. That might've been true back in the day, but it certainly doesn't hold water nowdayz.
Read the threads? How many on here won't give a tow.. Or at best they'll tow them to the nearest launch ramp. I wasn't raised like that, and in all of my friends I don't know one that would do the minimal amount required. Part of being a boater is going above and beyond... That's the lifestyle, that's the committment.
This thread is no different then any other thread on here anymore.. You could put up a thread saying you cured cancer, and the arm chair quarterbacks would bitch that you spent too much money, or took too much time coming up with it. Or if you were smart you shoulda done this or that. Or my personal favorite (right after you bought it) "My cousins brothers, sister coulda saved you a ton on that!"
I'll give you a prime example that really put a sour taste in my mouth was building Jay's ski pole. I had a prototype that wasn't even near completion, and threw up a couple of pictures. Here's Jay all excited to see some progress, and before he even got an opportunity to evaluate it for himself, he had to read through 3 pages of armchair quarterbacks talking shit about something they know nothing.. virtually nothing about.
The guy hadn't even seen it yet, and here's 3 or 4 guys rippin on it 6 ways to sunday.. Talk about taking the shine off a new penny. Had I known it was gonna go that route, I would've just e-mailed him the pics.. In retrospect though this isn't the board I joined anymore, I should've expected it to go that direction.
It saddens me to see this group just piss away it's most valueable resources, all the while laughing at the next photochop. The armchair quarter backs have already ran off guys like "Racing Ray" "Pon Pon Racing" and countless others that truly did know what they were talking about, and would help another in need.
We only have a few of the real guys left comparitively, and everytime one of them makes any kind of informative post people that have zero clue talk all kinds of shit, call them clueless, argue to the bitter end, and in some cases even go out of their way to try to affect their businesses and livelihoods!!
If you think we aren't on the verge of loosing these resources, ask anyone of them.. (Rexone, Infomaniac, BDMar, etc..) I'll bet there's moments in every one of their days where they decide not to hit that submit reply button becuase it's just not worth it to argue about. It's just not worth it to take the potential risk to their business to do something RIGHT. Why do you think 99% of the experts out there do NOT post on here?
***boat sure isn't what it used to be.. Point in fact it's a sad shell of it's former glory.
Congragulations Topless, today you made me throw up a little in my mouth. I read your posts, word for word, and I still can't believe it. Especially with the memory of you being that mother in need still fresh in my mind. I would've driven to Denver to pick up your kids if necesarry, and I woulda popped someone in the mouth for calling you irresponsible given the opportunity.
For you to turn around and say that shit in this thread? What in the fock were you thinking? Point in fact what in the fock are any of you people thinking that posted anything other then:
"Hope you find him soon, let me know if there's anything I can do to help!"
Is this what our community has sunk too?
This is a pretty sad day for ***boat.. Not becuase Angel's kid is missing, becuase their will always be trials in the life of a community, but becuase of how are community handled that challenge. Today I'm embarassed to even admit I post on this site. You people oughta be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously.
RD

RiverDave
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
What ya mean Dave?
I mean this board has been going down hill for awhile now.. I think it hit rock bottom today in this thread.
RD

voodoomedman
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Well said. It's funny how a boating topic goes all of about 5-10 posts but somebody $hits there pants and it's the topic forever. A little RD Sux every now and again is funny but you really can't hold any type of discussions without it either being ignored or simply railroaded by some arguments and such getting all personal. What bothers me more is that is the way the lake is now too. There are the real class acts out there they are just tired of all the crap and are being quiet in the background as to not deal with the garbage.
You know, I've been on this board for a loooonnnngggg time. I always considered it a kind of community of sorts. Boaters helping boaters, you know old school river people... "Good People" Salt of the Earth type stuff.
When I first joined I was flat addicted to it, I couldn't believe my luck on stumbling upon such a class act community. We threw parties, and we had a blast.. People fell on hard times, others helped out.. People passed away, and the whole community mourned, and people came together not as a community but more or less as a family.
Sure people talked a little smack on the internet, but 9 times out of 10 it was a technical argument, and atleast people had the decency not to get too personal about it. Point in fact I'd bet even the sworn enemies of the day, would've helped each other out in a time of need if they passed each other on the water.
The common thread holding it all together was a community with atleast a simmilar idea of values and principals. Quality people, doing Quality activities, with other Quality people, generally with Quality rides spread out amongst them. Old School boaters if you will.
Too many newbies on this site, they tend to assume that if they are on ***boat then odds are they are a stand up guy. That might've been true back in the day, but it certainly doesn't hold water nowdayz.
Read the threads? How many on here won't give a tow.. Or at best they'll tow them to the nearest launch ramp. I wasn't raised like that, and in all of my friends I don't know one that would do the minimal amount required. Part of being a boater is going above and beyond... That's the lifestyle, that's the committment.
This thread is no different then any other thread on here anymore.. You could put up a thread saying you cured cancer, and the arm chair quarterbacks would bitch that you spent too much money, or took too much time coming up with it. Or if you were smart you shoulda done this or that. Or my personal favorite (right after you bought it) "My cousins brothers, sister coulda saved you a ton on that!"
I'll give you a prime example that really put a sour taste in my mouth was building Jay's ski pole. I had a prototype that wasn't even near completion, and threw up a couple of pictures. Here's Jay all excited to see some progress, and before he even got an opportunity to evaluate it for himself, he had to read through 3 pages of armchair quarterbacks talking shit about something they know nothing.. virtually nothing about.
The guy hadn't even seen it yet, and here's 3 or 4 guys rippin on it 6 ways to sunday.. Talk about taking the shine off a new penny. Had I known it was gonna go that route, I would've just e-mailed him the pics.. In retrospect though this isn't the board I joined anymore, I should've expected it to go that direction.
It saddens me to see this group just piss away it's most valueable resources, all the while laughing at the next photochop. The armchair quarter backs have already ran off guys like "Racing Ray" "Pon Pon Racing" and countless others that truly did know what they were talking about, and would help another in need.
We only have a few of the real guys left comparitively, and everytime one of them makes any kind of informative post people that have zero clue talk all kinds of shit, call them clueless, argue to the bitter end, and in some cases even go out of their way to try to affect their businesses and livelihoods!!
If you think we aren't on the verge of loosing these resources, ask anyone of them.. (Rexone, Infomaniac, BDMar, etc..) I'll bet there's moments in every one of their days where they decide not to hit that submit reply button becuase it's just not worth it to argue about. It's just not worth it to take the potential risk to their business to do something RIGHT. Why do you think 99% of the experts out there do NOT post on here?
***boat sure isn't what it used to be.. Point in fact it's a sad shell of it's former glory.
Congragulations Topless, today you made me throw up a little in my mouth. I read your posts, word for word, and I still can't believe it. Especially with the memory of you being that mother in need still fresh in my mind. I would've driven to Denver to pick up your kids if necesarry, and I woulda popped someone in the mouth for calling you irresponsible given the opportunity.
For you to turn around and say that shit in this thread? What in the fock were you thinking? Point in fact what in the fock are any of you people thinking that posted anything other then:
This is a pretty sad day for ***boat.. Not becuase Angel's kid is missing, becuase their will always be trials in the life of a community, but becuase of how are community handled that challenge. Today I'm embarassed to even admit I post on this site. You people oughta be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously.
RD

BarryMac
07-25-2007, 03:11 PM
That's a great post Dave, to bad so many on here will bash the shit out of you for it, you're 100% right though, HB isn't the same as use to be... :(
PAB, I hope that you find your son, you'll both be in my thoughts...

MR.rvrluvr
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
RD
WOW.....I am a newbie, but I can relate to what you are saying...I often tell my wife the world is going to shit, and nobody cares.....sad,, real sad....
this post almost brought a tear to my eye....I wish we could turn the clock back when life wasn't so complicated and we actually cared about each other....
Thanx RD for these very true words.....not only do they apply to HB but life in general

MR.rvrluvr
07-25-2007, 03:17 PM
oh and PAB I will be praying for a quick retern..

coorslt4u2
07-25-2007, 03:26 PM
RD
PAB---- I pray for the safe return of your son........
River Dave ....You took the words out of my mouth, great post and how true........There always seem's to be a few BAD apples, and this thread has shown as all, who those are.........

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-25-2007, 03:31 PM
RD
I know I said I wouldn't post on here but Dave. I have to say. You are right on 100%. I knew you had it in you and you delivered it very very well I must say. I know alot of people were thinking what I was and that was." When is Dave going to jump in here with his speech. I am very impressed.
Thank you for opening alot of eyes ,
Love you honey.:)

Flyinbowtie
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
RD
My nominee for post of the year,FWIW.
I hope and pray the young man is found safe and sound.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-25-2007, 03:44 PM
for those of you actually reading the posts here the other thread is now a sticky. Please keep all the BS on this one. Only serrious posts on the other. This kid needs to be found ASAP and safe.
Thank you, :)

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Today I'm embarassed to even admit I post on this site. You people oughta be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously.
First, Jay Photoglou is hardly being oppressed by this board or anyone on it. In fact, I dare say he has benefited more from ***boat than anyone else has.
I'm the one who posted those photochops and many of us thought they were funny as hell. They were never intended to show Jay in a bad light, nor were they intended to belittle his ski racing effort. I know he doesn't care for the Rattle Can Lou shtick so I like to tease him about it now and again. That's what I do. I've spoken with Jay on the phone and he has told me was not comfortable with the Rattle Can Lou chops that related to his dealership and he asked me to take them down. I did that. Those chops were only up for a very short time. You know why I did that? Respect. I have a lot of respect for Jay.
The point I'm trying to make is that Jay is receiving a huge amount of benefit from this community. I think that's great and I am behind him with that. There is no oppression of Jay going on.
As far as you go Dave, you've had your share of hardships. You should know, as well as anyone here, what lengths some of the people here would go for you. Maybe you've lost sight of that. We know what kind of guy you are and we are there for you, if you'll allow it.
Now, before you continue with your vitriol about being ashamed to belong to ***boat, hear this... I am proud to be associated with the people here. High class people such as yourself, Rexone (as you mentioned), Ziggy, Ratso, dare I say... Jbb...., Her454, The Sporting Woods, The Flyin' Vees, Froggystyle, John West, Hoolign, TAF, photochick, Jetboat Guru, and on and on and on. I offer my most heartfelt apology to the people I've left out of my list. The list was from the top of my head. I understand I've just omitted many dozens of wonderful people.
While I'm being all puffy chested, I would like to say that I really like some of the new people on the site. They're not all bad, by a long shot. I admire the class many of them conduct themselves with. I would be proud to call them my friends and perhaps one day I will have the opportunity.
It's not all bad, Dave. When you say ***boat is bad, you're including yourself in that blanket statement. You are not bad Dave, and neither is ***boat. A lot of good happens here. Let's be careful not to disregard the immense positive energy that emmitts from these forums.
I know it's tough not to get down on this place. The shit talking, petty arguments, rampant judgementalism based on bad or no information, and so on. Bad shit happens here. What I am asking is that we try to keep some perspective and not paint it all with the same brush.
I'm someone who has really benefited from this place. People here brought warmth and support to me when I was at my lowest point. That will not be forgotten.
How much do you suppose I have in common with anyone here, Dave? Look at my boat. Look at my location. Look at the kind of stuff I do. I'm a Canadian with a Glastron, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't party... at least, not the way you guys do. Why do you suppose I hang around, Dave?
Dave, you sound a little down. This is sincere. Is there anything I can do for you? Is there any way I can help you feel better? Would you get a kick out of me chopping another few feet onto that ski pole of Jay's? Seriously bud, name it.
Your friend,

Baja Big Dog
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
not from home, but from his school/Residential Treatment Facility. My son has severe mental health issues & has been in placement for the last few years....some of you may recall the last time I posted about him...he got $hitfaced drunk & passed out on the trolley while he was home on a homepass.
Anyhow...I've been posting bulletins on MySpace, but I figure that I may as well post this info here as well since there are quite a few of you that live in Riverside County, which is where I THINK he may be....the more eyes looking out the better, right?
His name is Hayden, he's 16 yrs old. 6'2", 198 lbs. Brown curly hair, hazel eyes. Both of his ears are pierced & he wears large "gauge" earrings. He dresses in the typical "punk" garb...tight pants, usually covered in patches, punk band t-shirts, a hoodie covered in patches, and sometimes a jean vest covered in studs & patches, and skate shoes. I have no idea what he was wearing when he took off, and more than likely, he took off without any money, ID, or extra clothes, since he walked away from school on Thursday morning.
I'm clueless on posting pics here...but here's a link to one:
He has done this kind of thing before, but he has never not checked in with me. No one has seen nor heard from him, as far as I can tell. He is off of his medications & he does have a history of drinking & using drugs.
I just want to know if he's alive & safe.
I have to run, have to go pick up a copy of the Missing Person's report & do a job in Ramona...Thanks...
For the rest of the , as RD calls them "armchair experts", read the highlights, this kid has some mental problems, so to the "armchair experts" that claim he made adult decisions, read again, he did not make ANY adult decisions, again, Dave summed it up pretty well, and again I wish all the best.

Jetboatguru
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
First, Jay Photoglou is hardly being oppressed by this board or anyone on it. In fact, I dare say he has benefited more from ***boat than anyone else has.
I'm the one who posted those photochops and many of us thought they were funny as hell. They were never intended to show Jay in a bad light, nor were they intended to belittle his ski racing effort. I know he doesn't care for the Rattle Can Lou shtick so I like to tease him about it now and again. That's what I do. I've spoken with Jay on the phone and he has told me was not comfortable with the Rattle Can Lou chops that related to his dealership and he asked me to take them down. I did that. Those chops were only up for a very short time. You know why I did that? Respect. I have a lot of respect for Jay.
The point I'm trying to make is that Jay is receiving a huge amount of benefit from this community. I think that's great and I am behind him with that. There is no oppression of Jay going on.
As far as you go Dave, you've had your share of hardships. You should know, as well as anyone here, what lengths some of the people here would go for you. Maybe you've lost sight of that. We know what kind of guy you are and we are there for you, if you'll allow it.
Now, before you continue with your vitriol about being ashamed to belong to ***boat, hear this... I am proud to be associated with the people here. High class people such as yourself, Rexone (as you mentioned), Ziggy, Ratso, dare I say... Jbb...., Her454, The Sporting Woods, The Flyin' Vees, Froggystyle, John West, Hoolign, TAF, photochick, Jetboat Guru, and on and on and on. I offer my most heartfelt apology to the people I've left out of my list. The list was from the top of my head. I understand I've just omitted many dozens of wonderful people.
While I'm being all puffy chested, I would like to say that I really like some of the new people on the site. They're not all bad, by a long shot. I admire the class many of them conduct themselves with. I would be proud to call them my friends and perhaps one day I will have the opportunity.
It's not all bad, Dave. When you say ***boat is bad, you're including yourself in that blanket statement. You are not bad Dave, and neither is ***boat. A lot of good happens here. Let's be careful not to disregard the immense positive energy that emmitts from these forums.
I know it's tough not to get down on this place. The shit talking, petty arguments, rampant judgementalism based on bad or no information, and so on. Bad shit happens here. Let's try to keep some perspective and not paint it all with the same brush.
I'm someone who has really benefited from this place. People here brought warmth and support to me when I was at my lowest point. That will not be forgotten.
How much do you suppose I have in common with anyone here, Dave? Look at my boat. Look at my location. Look at the kind of stuff I do. I'm a Canadian with a Glastron, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't party... at least, not the way you guys do. Why do you suppose I hang around, Dave?
Dave, you sound a little down. This is sincere. Is there anything I can do for you? Is there any way I can help you feel better? Would you get a kick out of me chopping another few feet onto that ski pole of Jay's? Seriously bud, name it.
Your friend,
Now that is a quality post worthy of post of the year!
;)
(:D Only since I made the list Tom)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I know it's tough not to get down on this place. The shit talking, petty arguments, rampant judgementalism based on bad or no information, and so on. Bad shit happens here. Let's try to keep some perspective and not paint it all with the same brush.
Your friend,
see I agree with this one also.. And Tom seriously. Although we have never met in person , you are our friend. as are many many others. whom we have and have not met.:) ;)
Thank you for including us in your post it means alot.;)

Jbb
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I know it's tough not to get down on this place. The shit talking, petty arguments, rampant judgementalism based on bad or no information, and so on. Bad shit happens here. What I am asking is that we try to keep some perspective and not paint it all with the same brush.
Your friend,
It would have been nice for you to mention my name first........fag....:mad:
:D

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
It would have been nice for you to mention my name first........fag....:mad:
If I were ever to date someone like you, I'd shoot myself.

Mrs. Jyruiz
07-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I hope that you will find your son. I can only imagine what you must be going through. My grandmother went through the same thing with my uncle. I was small, but I do remember watching her worry. I pray for his safe return and my God give you the strength you need to get you through a horrible time. One thing that we must remember is that Sticks and stones make break our bones, but words really do hurt. With our words we must lift eachother up and not bring eachother down. I am a newbie, but my husband has been on HB for a long time. He speaks highly of you all.

riverbound
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
I got left out of the list.
TB Sux :D

Jbb
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
He only just recently got his grade 10....you know....:jawdrop:

Nord
07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I originally joined HB and RRL in '02 under the name CowboyNord after meeting a guy named Dave who lived 2 canals in the Mavalya Keys over from the house that my friends and I were renting. The friend with the key did not show, and 2 friends and myself were not only stranded without a house, but it was pooring down rain, and we were hiding in the tunnels of the keys to stay dry. When the rain let up, we went to Roadrunner, and one of the friends in my crew recognized an old football friend at the bar. He was staying at his buddy Dave's house, whom I was introduced to and ended up BS-ing all night with. Dave was kind enough to let us stay over at his house that night until we recieved the key to our rental the next morning. Talk about a nice boater!! Dave raved about these forums. So I joined. I would say 90% of the threads were boat related. The other 10% were jokes, JBB videos, and a couple of off topic stories.
Now, we have members on here, that not only do not own a boat, PWC, etc, but they don't even see the water more than once a year if at all. They have nothing good to add to these boards except drama. The "sunk the boat" thread is a good example. Yes that guy was a complete moron. However, without naming member names, a couple of you guys just dwelled on the bashing part of that on whole issue. What was the point of this? Really? It was a pissing contest of bashers.
Then we have the people who probably really want to join, and probably are full of knowledge on boat related things, or have questions they really want to ask, however they remain lurkers in fear of people who have nothing better to do than bashing them on here. I agree with Dave, this is a sad day for ***boat.
Run a search on Threads and posts done by such members. It won't take you long to figure out who the bad seeds are.
The old joke used to be everyone is sour in the winter on here and thats when all of the drama begins. My opinion is this is not true. Its a handful of idiots that constantly provoke drama here. The same names........over and over again.
Let it go. Grow up.
~NORD~

WYRD
07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I would be scared to be on any list compiled by Brown:eek: :D

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 04:13 PM
It won't take you long to figure out who the bad seeds are.
Fair enough. Do you know who the good seeds are? Are there less good people here because of the bad seeds?
Why are you still here, Nord?
Great story, by the way. Thank you for sharing it. :cool:

Nord
07-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Your friend,
LOL Tom your one of the reasons why I come on here every day. Bu

Jbb
07-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Run a search on Threads and posts done by such members. It won't take you long to figure out who the bad seeds are.
~NORD~
..............:jawdrop:

Nord
07-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Fair enough. Do you know who the good seeds are? Are there less good people here because of the bad seeds?
Why are you still here, Nord?
Great story, by the way. Thank you for sharing it. :cool:
I knew that question would be asked. Well Tom, when I have a question, I ask it on here. It usually gets answered. I like to hear peoples opinions on different subjects, such as boats, batteries, stereos, power packages, etc. I also like to read the stories on here. I will admit, I watch most of JBB's videos, and always look forward to your replies (smart ass or not) to a lot of the level threads on here. Your approach in getting a laugh or a quick rib on here is completely different than others. You are not condesending, not do you have hate behind what you say. I don't think I have ever read where you have threatened a life either.
Good seeds?? Well we all have our opinions.
~NORD~

MAINEVENT
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I still wouldn't welcome him into my home for a Sunday Barbeque. Still, You are in my prayers Punk.
WOW!!!!!! And this coming from someone who is a "Self Proclaimed" good mom who thrives on protecting her daughter??? You call this kid a bad kid for his self expression??? All I can say is i am beside myself to hear this from a woman who enjoys getting slapped around like a $1 dollar hooker infront of her friends and im sure if it happens in public your daughter must see it at home... I can Honestly say Topless you should receive an award for being the bigest POS right about now... Regardless of any fact or truths this is her son for focks sake!!!! Being a father your post really pissed me off and showed what i already knew and which you love to reinstate... the obvious of course...
Beer-30 yeah read the ****in post before you judge, Im as much of hard ass and was raised that way, but not every kid who run away has a ****in clue of what they are doing... this woman came on here looking for help finding her son, not to hear your judgement on her kid... If you have kids and or when you do god bless them with your ignorance... Never spit at the clouds son cause it will land in your face...
Damn now i know why i left this place...
Angel I think i met you once... I hope you find your son soon enough I gotta a few friends out in that area I will for sures send your boys photo out in hopes to be found... You will be in my thoughts...
Yes MAINEVENT posted and YES IM STILL A ****IN ASSHOLE!!!!!! But im not ignorant...

Jordy
07-25-2007, 04:43 PM
..............:jawdrop:
Hmmm.... :idea:

RitcheyRch
07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Excellent comments by both RD and Tom Brown.

73kona455
07-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Excellent comments by both RD and Tom Brown.
Yes they were.. i agree 100% with both of them....
PAB good luck in finding your son.. you and him will be in our thoughts and prayers...

djunkie
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Ya me too. I think he's still mad at me cause of what I think about Apple. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Devil's Advocate
07-25-2007, 05:22 PM
He has mental illness. Typical teenage bad behavior is not the same in this case.
sometimes it's better to keep our thoughts to ourself
Exactly.
I'm right there with ya. Lots of stabbing and attacking on this thread. Rediculous and innappropriate. (I think I just described ***boat.:D )
RD
Exceeds my post read limit.:D But since there's so much ranting and raving about it, I'll have to read it now.
Your friend,
I didn't make the cut.:(
So what class does that make me?:idea:
PAB - I hope the very best for son in safe return. This has gotta be extremely difficult for you and I hope you have plenty of help, support and love.

riverbound
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Didn't she come unglued when CarBizIndio did exactly the same thing in another post?
If memory serves me right....yes.

pixilatedpussy
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Been gone since last Thurs & I am soooooo sorry to hear this. Hayden is in our prayers hunny & if you need anything....CALL ME! xoxoxoxo T;)

pixilatedpussy
07-25-2007, 05:56 PM
To all the people who posted their opinions about Angel's son...................................BACK OFF & STFU!:mad: She didn't come here asking what your opinions were....she came here to post a pic & throw out some info in hopes for some help! It takes alot of guts to come online & air our "dirty laundry". NOONES family is perfect! I cant believe how some of you people can come here & act all HIGH & MIGHTY:( ....that was not cool.:( :(

FlatStupid
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Your friend,
Tom :) Nice deal Brown I made you and RCL and nothin F'ing nothin!! The rest of you otta quit your whining and hope these people find their son. Good luck guys and God bless!!

Trailer Park Casanova
07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
You know, I've been on this board for a loooonnnngggg time.
Part of being a boater is going above and beyond... That's the lifestyle, that's the committment.
This thread is no different then any other thread on here anymore.. You could put up a thread saying you cured cancer, and the arm chair quarterbacks would bitch that you spent too much money, or took too much time coming up with it. Or if you were smart you shoulda done this
The armchair quarter backs have already ran off guys like "Racing Ray" "Pon Pon Racing" and countless others
We only have a few of the real guys left comparitively
If you think we aren't on the verge of loosing these resources, ask anyone of them.. (Rexone, Infomaniac, BDMar, etc..) I'll bet there's moments in every one of their days where they decide not to hit that submit reply button becuase it's just not worth it to argue about. Why do you think 99% of the experts out there do NOT post on here?
RD
Well said RD,, very well said.
I have 4 kids.
3 honors students that are awesome kids, and a 17 year old I am beside myself with dealing with his problems.
He's always had big problems.
But I care about him, and stick with him through thick and thin,, hard times that just get harder and harder, hurting all those that love him.
I can only imagine the horrible thoughts going through a mothers head about her son who has vanished.
I hope you find him soon, and his treatment eventually yields positive results.
Perserverance.
-Ross and Alice
Any ***boater has always been able to count on us for anything.

Jbb
07-25-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't think I have ever read where you have threatened a life either.
~NORD~
You should see some of the pm's I get from him.......especially after he has been drinking swish all day.....:jawdrop:

Rexone
07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
If you think we aren't on the verge of loosing these resources, ask anyone of them.. (Rexone, Infomaniac, BDMar, etc..) I'll bet there's moments in every one of their days where they decide not to hit that submit reply button becuase it's just not worth it to argue about.
RD
Dave, if I only had a dollar for every post reply I started on first thought and then thought about it and clicked out.... :) yeah really. Some serious coin would be in that stack.
I am proud to be associated with the people here. High class people such as yourself, Rexone (as you mentioned), Ziggy, Ratso, dare I say... Jbb...., Her454, The Sporting Woods, The Flyin' Vees, Froggystyle, John West, Hoolign, TAF, photochick, Jetboat Guru, and on and on and on.
Tom and RD I'm honored to be on your list (really). I'm uncertain how Jbb and Hoolign got included but such is life. ;)
I think ***boat is just like a slice of any group of people, most anywhere. There are lots of good. There are a few not so much. And a couple shitpies mixed in here and there just to take up the space left at the bottom of the barrel. You know what they say about the bad apple. I just try not to take much of the bs too seriously and probably post quite a bit less than prior years. As RD said, the board has changed in nature, but change in most things is pretty much the norm as anything grows.
Most importantly I see that PAB's son was found (on another thread). That's great news. I hope he is able to receive the help he needs to get on track and stay safe. Life as a runaway with mental problems certainly can't be good. All the best to you PAB and your son.

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Mike,
If you continue to hang out, I'll sweeten the deal with a maple walnut cone the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Rexone
07-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Mike,
If you continue to hang out, I'll sweeten the deal with a maple walnut cone the next time I'm in the neighborhood.
Tom just because you're a senior posthore now doesn't mean you can influence me with your horrible choice in ice cream. It's too bad they didn't have vanilla. It's hard to beat a good vanilla cone melting all over hell as you lap like a labrador trying to keep up.

Seadog
07-26-2007, 06:21 AM
I have been here for a while and have seen many ups and downs. This is a neighborhood with all sorts of people, but they have love of boating in common. We gossip, we rag, we bitch, and we raise heck.
The main thing I see here is that PAB tried to get some help and sympathy about her missing son, and it did the usual turn from the original topic. Topless did a stupid, and was contrite enough to apologize, but too headstrong to delete it. But others have been just as stupid with their analysis of the kid and family without considering it was not wanted or pertinent.
There is a lot of good things going on here, but with the large number of people, it sometimes gets hard to sort through the chaff to get to the kernals of good information. And the moderators have to be careful in picking their fights. They can regulate pornography, personal attacks, and language. Stupidity is harder to regulate and would seriously deplete the number of threads.

Mrs.Racer277
07-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Great post TB :)