PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think

Nord
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
That 19-22 foot boats I/O,V drives, jets,etc, will be the wave of future purchases for the boating industry??
~NORD~

phebus
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Nope, too many big boats out there already. Makes it too tough on the little boats in bigger water.

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I think people are starting to see the benefits of the 16' Glastron platform and are going to begin converting to it in droves.

uvindex
07-25-2007, 05:28 PM
That 19-22 foot boats I/O,V drives, jets,etc, will be the wave of future purchases for the boating industry??
~NORD~"Boating industry" is a pretty broad term. :) That term includes everything from little skiffs with 9.9 HP outboards to 500-foot megayachts, not to mention bass boats, trawlers, and a bunch of other niches.
Maybe the 19-22 foot category won't be dominant for the ***boat market. However, boats of that size are obviously less expensive than bigger boats and will continue to be a sweet spot for first-time boat buyers (who then move up to larger boats after a year or two -- the infamous "two foot-itis"). Experienced boaters (who probably started in the 19-22 foot category) will opt for bigger boats, of course. :)

riverbound
07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I will be the one who disagrees. With gas prices going the way they are and insurance going the way it is, I think you will see the popularity of the large high horsepower cats dwindle and people will be going back to what they can actually afford to own and run (My guess is a decent part of our new "Hot Tooners" is representative of that) I think we will see a resurgance in the smaller boat market in the near future.

edog_103
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
I think it depends on where you like to go. If you like Havasu and the big lakes, you gotta have a big boat. Me, I like to go down south where there is less civilization. Not sure the big boats could make it down there.

OCMerrill
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I think people are starting to see the benefits of the 16' Glastron platform and are going to begin converting to it in droves.
Those must be some fine meds your taking.:D :D :D

77charger
07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont plan on selling mine to get a bigger boat it suits me just fine and use it at powell,havasu, plus local lakes.Plus i can drive my boat around all day on a tank of gas actually weekend vs sit in a crowded channel or beach worrying about how much gas i use
Besides it will be much easier for most to pay 20k vs 50k plus if a budget is tight

edog_103
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Lets not forget cleaning and detailing, after a weekend of use.

squirt'nmyload
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
only if the man comes up with some bullshit laws to keep big boats out of our lakes and rivers

spectras only
07-25-2007, 08:32 PM
~NORD~
Looking back four decades , I think there is a decline of interests in the small , big HP boats , except for the purpose built boats like skiboats . A few people will still buy a 20 ish boat for its nimble handling and better fuel eco compared to a 25+ boat , but the problem insuring a small boat with high HP is difficult at times. I predict some decline for the big offshore boat sales , because of the ever increasing critisizm by a growing number of people and certain groups . The saturation of the used offshore powerboat market will play a role like it did for the sailboat market sales dropping like a ball 20 yrs ago.Hardly any sailboats are on display at boatshows any more. Cruiser type sales will always remain , because of their practical design .The majority of boaters are aging and doing relatively well financially to purchase
a 30+ sport cruiser like Formula SS with amenities .I love all types of boats [ yes , even sailboats :) ]but if I would be selling powerboats , I'd be selling Formulas ,Cobalts , Regals or Bayliners :idea: :D .
I still would love performance boats the best though !
Love this 19' er , but with a jet it isn't a gas mizer if you know what I mean
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Spectra%2019%20on%20the%20lift

Nord
07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I think it would be great to see the small boats to come back.

River Lynchmob
07-26-2007, 08:04 AM
I downsized on my last boat for the fun aspect of handling and the unsurpassed accleration. But then again I dont travel up to the big lakes so Imay be in the minority here.

sleekcraft80
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I have a 26ft boat that I plan to keep but down the road I would like to have a 19 - 21ft older ski boat to have a little versatility in my fun on the river or lake.

Liberator TJ1984
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
For most people I know ,Versatility is a big factor. having the luxury of taking our boats to almost any lake in Texas with the exception of a few where you have to watch out for wakes from them 30'ers:mad: :D
so you get to experience new places with the smaller boats .
Newplaces-New Faces = more fun
just reading on these forums there are several that are building the smaller HP hulls in different states.

my21advantage
07-26-2007, 08:25 AM
~NORD~
I think the 19-22 foot boats are and will continue to be sucessful for families and first time owners...
I admit I have a bigger boat, but I also keep the 21' around to waterski, wakeboard, and intertube - Can't do that behind the big boy
And first time buyer will continue to buy in this range because the reasons mentioned above and that the are not going to pay 100K plus for their first boat.
There will always be a place for the little guys...

Scarab Jet
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I guess lower-price association is a myth when it comes to 19 to 21 ft boats... case in point, the ultra 21 deck (even with a jet) will put you well into 60K's if you want steering wheel and seats...
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that... it depends on who U R buying the the so called "small" boats from...

Dave C
07-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I thought a 25' boat was small? :confused: ;) WTF did I miss?:devil:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I will be the one who disagrees. With gas prices going the way they are and insurance going the way it is, I think you will see the popularity of the large high horsepower cats dwindle and people will be going back to what they can actually afford to own and run (My guess is a decent part of our new "Hot Tooners" is representative of that) I think we will see a resurgance in the smaller boat market in the near future.
We are ahead of the trend then :D