PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Steering Hoses Set-up

Run_em_Hard
07-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I unhooked my WPM Dual ram hydraulic steering hoses and can't remember which way they go on. The hoses are the same length:confused: Help. Do both rams hook the same or does one need to be different?

Racey
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Outside of one ram tees to Inside of other and vice versa, if the steering works backwards when you hook it up swap both sets to the opposite sets of tees coming through the transom

BadKachina
07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
One ram will be the exact opposite of the other. You can switch them inside or outside, it doesn't matter but the hose thats the inner hose on one ram will go to the outer on the other ram and vise versa. What I mean by switching them is you can run the hoses the same from your bulkhead fittings to your rams so they look the same on the outside but switch them on the inside of the bulkhead so that they are actually different.:confused: (does that make sense????)

Run_em_Hard
07-26-2007, 08:48 AM
One ram will be the exact opposite of the other. You can switch them inside or outside, it doesn't matter but the hose thats the inner hose on one ram will go to the outer on the other ram and vise versa. What I mean by switching them is you can run the hoses the same from your bulkhead fittings to your rams so they look the same on the outside but switch them on the inside of the bulkhead so that they are actually different.:confused: (does that make sense????)
Completely

acatitude
07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Completely
Yea right , lol;)