PDA

View Full Version : HEY MOPAR BOYS

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Check this thing out way cool.See this item in eBay's new look for this page.
1968 V DRIVE MAX WEDGE CROSS RAM SUPERBEE 440
Item # 2417850567
Item located in: Other Vehicles : Boats & Watercraft : Powerboats
Current bid US $2,550.00 (reserve not yet met)
Time left 4 days, 23 hours +
Started Jun-01-03 18:58:46 PDT
Ends Jun-08-03 18:58:46 PDT
Seller (rating) jowjup( 25)
(View seller's feedback )
(View seller's other items )
(Ask seller a question )
High bidder machinerysource( 91)
# of bids 14 ( Bid history )
Location Soutwest Montana
Country United States
Payment Money Order/Cashiers Checks. See item description for payment methods accepted
Shipping Buyer pays all shipping charges. Will not ship.
Revise item Lower your price. Add a Buy It Now price. Learn More. Revise your item.
(Mail this auction to a friend) | Watch this item
Description
1968 V DRIVE MAX WEDGE CROSS RAM SUPERBEE 440
Vehicle Description
I purchased this 1968 Kindsvater v-drive from the original owner. I already have a 1969 18 ft Howard with a 440 but I saw this boat and had to have it. There is quite a story behind it. The original owner lived in the Fresno Ca area and bought the hull and trailer in 1968. He started assembling parts and pieces but got transferred to Spokane Wa soon after. He purchased the engine from a Spokane wrecking yard in 1971. The 440 came out of a 69 SuperBee with 19000 miles. He said it had the 6-pak setup but he sold that to a friend and bought the max wedge cross ram from another friend. He had a relative polish it up as well as fabricate other pieces for the boat. He finally got the boat in the water in the late 70's but his wife didn't care for the water and he travelled a lot so the boat never got used. He said the boat would do 90 mph although there is no speedometer so I'm not sure about this. However, with the gearing this boat has you can figure about 1.5 mph per 100 rpm so 6000 rpm could be 90 mph. I first saw the boat a couple of years ago and managed to buy it this past spring. Now I have two v drives (the Howard still needs to have the forward/rear facing seat upholstered and the luster brought out of the paint) and one has to go. If the reserve doesn't get met for the Kindsvater than I'll sell the Howard.
Now for the details. 18 foot Kindsvater Hull with excellent two tone sparkle finish. Only 54.9 hours (that's right 54.9 hours since new in 1968) when purchased but now reads 55.7 hours since I used it a couple of times to pull the kids skiing and tubing. The engine and boat worked beatifully and really turned heads both in and out of the water. Fuel tanks located between forward and rear facing seats. Beautiful upholstery. All Nicson or Hall Craft hardware. Neovane pump with 2 spare impellers. Tandem axle trailer that pulls fantastic and loads/unloads with ease. Menkens 12x15 three blade prop. Casale v-drive with 1.17 gears. Twin fins underneath. 440 Dodge out of a 69 SuperBee with 19000 miles (probably about 21000 miles now). Engine casting 2536430-5 and stamped E 440 C and 5 12 HP. 906 Heads. Cross ram from a 1963 max wedge 426 with casting number 2402726-1. 2 Carter AFB's with carb id plate on one which reads 3705SA F6. Chrome valve covers. Accel dual point distributor. Lots of chrome and polished aluminum. On an end note, I tracked down Harold Kindsvater (his company built the boat in 1968) and he had nothing but praise for this hull. He said it was his favorite and had the unofficial record on Lake Perris at the time at 144 mph (interestingly enough it beat the Howard hull I have by 6 mph). Neat stuff.
Vehicle Condition
This boat has been garage stored under cover and used only sparingly since 1968. It is really quite a find.
Terms of Sale
All terms of this sale will be handled like gentlemen. I am an honest individual and I treat others the way I want to be treated. If you have the same attitude the sale should go smoothly. A 10 percent deposit is due within 10 days of auction close with the balance paid within 30 days. Cashiers check/money order only.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on a picture to enlarge
Supersize Picture
Supersize Picture
Supersize Picture
Supersize Picture
Supersize Picture
Supersize Picture
:D

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Sorry Or try this http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=002760

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
06-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Man ever since that whole jet boat beating I have not been the same. Try this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2417850567&category=31270

wsuwrhr
06-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Sounds fishy to me. 906 ports will not line up with a max wedge crossram. They are ****in huge. INDY modeled their head off the max wedge. I'm going to research this a little better and report back.
Brian

MoJetBoPar
06-04-2003, 04:16 AM
Brian,
Good catch! That is probably what is known as an old Edelbrock "STR-15" (Street Tunnel Ram). It would fit non-Max Wedge big block heads on an RB (413,426W,440) block. There was one for the B-motor (350,361,383,400) block too. All are big $ on Ebay.
Regardless, that's a very nice boat!

wsuwrhr
06-04-2003, 03:29 PM
I was just commenting on the parts selection. It would bolt up, but the port difference would be phenominal. I am trying to find out if the castig numbers he posted are legit. I agree, the parts ALONE would command top dollar. I watched a set of max wedge heads go for 2500 on EBay that were stock and unported.