PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try...

kraig
07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm trying to buy some time. My Rewarders are from 1978, they are on there last leg, spot welded them tonite to fix enlarged seep hole. I want to just rattle can them. Ruff the hell out the chrome that is left and use some super high-temp black. Anyone?

pw_Tony
07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm trying to buy some time. My Rewarders are from 1978, they are on there last leg, spot welded them tonite to fix enlarged seep hole. I want to just rattle can them. Ruff the hell out the chrome that is left and use some super high-temp black. Anyone?
Never done it on boat headers.
But on my car I had some black finish hookers, and I put a nice light coat of that 1200* high temp paint(damn it I can't remember the name) and it was the silverish/ceramic color. And to be honest it turned out great, and still holds the same color today. I don't think you could easily tell the difference between my rattle can and real ceramic coat. I liked it so much I used it on ALOT of other parts, and the thicker it got the smoother it came out, but for the headers keep it as light a coat as yu can

Cs19
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
my buddy used black BBQ paint and it looks bitchen, its white trash but hey it works.

ck7684
07-26-2007, 04:33 AM
I had a set of headers sandblasted and then painted them with hi temp silver once. Looked OK for awhile but didnt last too long. Longer than I thought it would though. I say go for it...why not?? Keep it light though. The thicker it goes on the more heat it will absorb and burn off or start to flake...

kraig
07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys.
I saw a black boat on here with black headers, kinda looked like
they were some custom jobs with the way they were side-by-side
at the transom. I do want to go black, but I might change it
will have to decide what color the engine will be.
Thanks again :)

XClutchboy725
07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I recently had to replace my Basset headers that were on my boat since 1981. I spent several trips blowing the bottoms out of various pipes before I decided to buck-up and replace them. It happens when you nail the throttle and will scare the bejesus out of you! :D
Trust me, when one decides to go, the next weakest link in the chain will shortly follow...

Devilman
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys.
I saw a black boat on here with black headers, kinda looked like
they were some custom jobs with the way they were side-by-side
at the transom. I do want to go black, but I might change it
will have to decide what color the engine will be.
Thanks again :)
That sounds like LakesOnly's boat. May try PMing him or something to find out more info on them.

IMPATIENT 1
07-27-2007, 11:09 AM
That sounds like LakesOnly's boat. May try PMing him or something to find out more info on them.
if i remember rite kenny, they were sanderson brand headers. they don't make em anymore from what paul posted.

Devilman
07-27-2007, 11:19 AM
if i remember rite kenny, they were sanderson brand headers. they don't make em anymore from what paul posted.
Yup, thats the ones I was thinking of.

kraig
07-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Boat in the " Pics from the river " thread.