PDA

View Full Version : Verizon freakin policy

HotDogz
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Wife lost her phone at a local fair yesterday and after trying to call the phone to see if someone may answer and texting a reward offer, we had the service suspended to the phone. (So we thought and they said)
24 hrs later the phone was still in use according to customer billing site, last call tonight at 6:23pm. Called Verizon to tell em to cut service to the phone and to tell them to remove those minutes from our usage. When we asked what numbers were being dialed with OUR phone, Verizon informed us they could not tell us due to their privacy policies. We would have to wait another 30 days to see the phone numbers on our statement even though the support individual could see the numbers being dialed.:confused: Who's privacy... the f***ers with our phone?
Can someone explain this to me? Sounds freakin retarded to me...:mad:

a catered life
07-25-2007, 10:01 PM
hard to explain the wheels of justice:(

Ziggy
07-25-2007, 10:12 PM
I've learned that asking for a contact reference number and other identifying items such as the reps name and extension # will get better results.

a catered life
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Wife lost her phone at a local fair yesterday and after trying to call the phone to see if someone may answer and texting a reward offer, we had the service suspended to the phone. (So we thought and they said)
24 hrs later the phone was still in use according to customer billing site, last call tonight at 6:23pm. Called Verizon to tell em to cut service to the phone and to tell them to remove those minutes from our usage. When we asked what numbers were being dialed with OUR phone, Verizon informed us they could not tell us due to their privacy policies. We would have to wait another 30 days to see the phone numbers on our statement even though the support individual could see the numbers being dialed.:confused: Who's privacy... the f***ers with our phone?
Can someone explain this to me? Sounds freakin retarded to me...:mad:
not to be a ass but if they gave you the number bieng called that would not be the people placing the calls....:confused: that would be kinda ****ed to give someone shit because that recieved call from you stolen phone

4DAY4PLAY
07-26-2007, 03:44 AM
If you log in to your account online, you should be able to see some recent calls made, or atleast the last call made before you log in....this happened to my wife, i called the number that was "last dialed" and it was the family of the person who stole her phone, needless to say they just ignored my calls after i told them what happened, and theres really no way to track it or get it back, but this may cause them to discard it or atleast turn it off and not make anymore calls.

KLEPTOW
07-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Have them enable the GPS tracking and go get your phone Duh.........

HotDogz
07-26-2007, 04:12 PM
not to be a ass but if they gave you the number bieng called that would not be the people placing the calls....:confused: that would be kinda ****ed to give someone shit because that recieved call from you stolen phone
The phone number will show on our next bill, we just have to wait 30 days for it to show on website and on statement. Gonna get it anyhow, makin us wait does not make sense.:confused:
They wanted a court order before they would enable tracking.

frdvschvy
07-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Got to love privacy laws and policies put into place to protect consumers. I guarantee VZW is not the only service provider with these kind of privacy policies. Call me at 951-233-6359 tomorrow during business hours and I might be able to help out.
Yes, I work for Verizon Wireless.
Mike

Screemy1
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
The phone number will show on our next bill, we just have to wait 30 days for it to show on website and on statement. Gonna get it anyhow, makin us wait does not make sense.:confused:
You should have called the police and told them you think a friend took your cell phone and they are talking about killing themselves.... the cops would then activate the gps to find them.... when the other person caught with the phone is not your friend..... then you say ooops.... but that is my phone :)

frdvschvy
07-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, Federal privacy laws require a court order. The only way around this would have been if you had a GPS tracking solution on the phone before it was stolen and had agreed to the terms and conditions of the service.

Pussywhippled
07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I had a friend going thru some hard times so I bought him some prepaid minutes for his phone.
Verizon kept my credit card on file for his account and he lost his phone.
Someone that found the phone used it and racked up $750.00 over a two day period making out of the country calls.
I called Verizon and they said there was nothing they could do about it because the minutes had alreaduy been used.
I called my bank to deny charges and they said that I would need to work it out with Verizon, I authorized the card to be used for that account.
Needless to say I had to pay the $750.00 and of course I never got it back from my friend, he couldn't afford to pay attention.
I still have Verizon and I still bank with the same bank, but my friend is no longer my friend.

Captain Dan
07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I had a friend going thru some hard times so I bought him some prepaid minutes for his phone.
Verizon kept my credit card on file for his account and he lost his phone.
Someone that found the phone used it and racked up $750.00 over a two day period making out of the country calls.
I called Verizon and they said there was nothing they could do about it because the minutes had alreaduy been used.
I called my bank to deny charges and they said that I would need to work it out with Verizon, I authorized the card to be used for that account.
Needless to say I had to pay the $750.00 and of course I never got it back from my friend, he couldn't afford to pay attention.
I still have Verizon and I still bank with the same bank, but my friend is no longer my friend.
Already used, as if "minutes" of cell time were a tangible item - charges can always be reversed. :rolleyes: They have us over a barrel.

Pussywhippled
07-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Already used, as if "minutes" of cell time were a tangible item - charges can always be reversed. :rolleyes: They have us over a barrel.
I have 5 phones with them and my bill runs anywhere from $500 to $1000 a month and they still pull their it doesn't matter attitude...

frdvschvy
07-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I have 5 phones with them and my bill runs anywhere from $500 to $1000 a month and they still pull their it doesn't matter attitude...
5 phones and $500 - $1000 per month? Might want to re-evaluate your calling plan. Sounds to me as if there are a lot of overage minute charges involved here. You can log onto "My Account" through verizonwireless.com and run a report to evaluate your plan compared to average usage. Even though the base cost of your plan would be higher, the bill would most likely be MUCH less by eliminating overage charges.
However feel free to keep it where it is at and continue to pad my paycheck ;)

asch
07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Actually mins. are tangible. It's how they make money.
If this Mike guy is willing to help, do it. My wife use to credit customers all kinds of mins.,,,when she was in that dept. She's not now. You might want to call back, get pissy and ask to be escalated to a coordinater or a supervisor. MIGHT get you somewhere.
Then again, at this point it's prolly in the fraud dept's. hands now and Homie (fraud) don't play that. Good luck.

Pussywhippled
07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
5 phones and $500 - $1000 per month? Might want to re-evaluate your calling plan. Sounds to me as if there are a lot of overage minute charges involved here. You can log onto "My Account" through verizonwireless.com and run a report to evaluate your plan compared to average usage. Even though the base cost of your plan would be higher, the bill would most likely be MUCH less by eliminating overage charges.
However feel free to keep it where it is at and continue to pad my paycheck ;)
The thing is, is that I do alot of traveling all of the time and even out of the country so the bill always changes.
The kids (10/8) with their ringtones, and the wife with all of her sancho's etc... oh yeah and the text messaging.
My bill for 5 phones is supposed to be right above $200.00 with the plan we have, but it has never happened.

frdvschvy
07-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, The international roaming, kids w/ text messaging, downloads, and muchos sanchos can add up quick.