PDA

View Full Version : anyone needing safety gear for this season...

cyclone
02-18-2006, 08:18 PM
I have a pair of ballistic shorts and helmet restraints, both medium in size, that I'm not using.. pm me for details.

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
I have a pair of ballistic shorts and helmet restraints, both medium in size, that I'm not using.. pm me for details.
I think I am buying,
What's the deal, are you getting bigger?
Brian

flat broke
02-19-2006, 07:36 AM
I think I am buying,
What's the deal, are you getting bigger?
Brian
He IS married now :D
Chris

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Chris
Didn't work on me.
Brian
I still need a medium jacket, pretty sure I'm buyin the shorts and restraints.
Don't think I will have much "competition" for a medium here. haha
Brian

cyclone
02-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Chris
hey now. :cool:
by the way, whatever happened to the cbbb footage that jerry shot last summer?

BUSBY
02-19-2006, 08:05 AM
since Mike isn't up yet this morning ... I'll chime in ... we were busting his balls during the Superbowl about not having a chute jacket ... so he wen't a lookin' ... found a great deal that included the extra stuff ...
the nice part is that the shorts are already broken in ... anyone who has put on a brand new pair knows what I mean ... they aren't soft at all ... like wearing cardboard ... and the helmet restraint looks brand new!
Glad you got the chute jacket Mike ... have you decided to put the other jacket up for sale as well? Or are you saving that one for the river?

BUSBY
02-19-2006, 08:06 AM
oh sorry ... I guess Mike just woke up! Good morning Mike!

sanger rat
02-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Anybody looking for a size small chute jacket if so I have one. Will trade for a Xtra large. Can be a regular jacket.

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Anybody looking for a size small chute jacket if so I have one. Will trade for a Xtra large. Can be a regular jacket.
got pictures?
I will have to see about a small fitting me
Recert, or is it current?
Brian

sanger rat
02-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Brian, I'll see if I can get some pics emailed to ya.

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Brian, I'll see if I can get some pics emailed to ya.
Would you like me top post them for you on ***boat?
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Lifeline has no information, as best as I can tell, for sizing information.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Im pretty confident the medium will fit. But the small is probably too small.
????
Brian

Oldsquirt
02-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Lifeline has no information, as best as I can tell, for sizing information.
Brian
The sizing info is on their pricing page:
Racing Jacket Pattern Sizes:
• Small: 36-38 Chest • XLarge: 46-48 • 2X-4X: $40.00 Extra
• Medium: 40-42 Chest • Jr. 60-95 lbs • 5X+: $75.00 Extra
• Large: 44 Chest

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 10:07 AM
The sizing info is on their pricing page:
Racing Jacket Pattern Sizes:
• Small: 36-38 Chest • XLarge: 46-48 • 2X-4X: $40.00 Extra
• Medium: 40-42 Chest • Jr. 60-95 lbs • 5X+: $75.00 Extra
• Large: 44 Chest
Cool
I was looking around and I couldn't find anything, thanks.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Believe it or not I have a 40 chest.
So I would need a medium.
How fast do you need to go to justify a chute jacket? Any speed? Over 100?
Certain ET?
I don't know shit about that.
Brian

BUSBY
02-19-2006, 10:19 AM
interesting subject ... but you'll never get an official answer from Lifeline, NJBA or most org's ...
If a mfg or org give you a specified mph and you have one on when an accident happens & you still get hurt ... the fact that the org and/or mfg gave you a spec could result in a lawsuit. This is how Bill Fauntleroy (founder/owner of Lifeline) explained it to me.
IMO ... if you are racing you should have a chute on. I've seen people get hurt badly at 65-70 ... so anything that would help you from being hurt should be worn.I know there's an extra expense ... but it's worth it IMO. People will spend thousands on making their boat go faster but not another $400 or so to do it safe? Weird thought process IMO.
But that's just an opinion ... a lot of others might disagree ...

roostwear
02-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Certain ET?
Brian
You don't need gear to go vroom-vroom in the driveway............

sanger rat
02-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Certain ET?
Brian
They do make a Zipper Panel 2' OR 3' for 35.00. So it would fit you.

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 11:07 AM
You don't need gear to go vroom-vroom in the driveway............
It would be so much more authentic.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Yes sir,
That is all the convincing I needed.
The same argument could be made for roll cages, in NHRA you need a 4 or point cage if you go 11.99 or quicker.
But I understand the issue in our litigous society.
I just didn't know if I needed one to go a certain speed or ET.
You are 100% right Busby. If it slows me down 5 MPH from a getout, then it is worth it.
Brian
interesting subject ... but you'll never get an official answer from Lifeline, NJBA or most org's ...
If a mfg or org give you a specified mph and you have one on when an accident happens & you still get hurt ... the fact that the org and/or mfg gave you a spec could result in a lawsuit. This is how Bill Fauntleroy (founder/owner of Lifeline) explained it to me.
IMO ... if you are racing you should have a chute on. I've seen people get hurt badly at 65-70 ... so anything that would help you from being hurt should be worn.I know there's an extra expense ... but it's worth it IMO. People will spend thousands on making their boat go faster but not another $400 or so to do it safe? Weird thought process IMO.
But that's just an opinion ... a lot of others might disagree ...

flat broke
02-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Brian,
You might do what I did when I bought my jacket last year. I didn't want to buy a standard jacket and then find out at some point I would need a chute jacket for something I wanted to do. Since you can't add a chute to a non chute jacket, I made the best compromise I could. I bought a chute/no chute jacket (built for a chute, but doesn't include the chute) and used the $$ I saved to have extra flak material added to the jacket to help protect ribs etc if I ended up going through the side of the boat. I bought my vest for the enduro and figured that would probalby be used in a roundy round environment more than straight line, but added the chute capability just in case.
Hope that helps,
Chris

77charger
02-19-2006, 09:59 PM
since Mike isn't up yet this morning ... I'll chime in ... we were busting his balls during the Superbowl about not having a chute jacket ... so he wen't a lookin' ... found a great deal that included the extra stuff ...
the nice part is that the shorts are already broken in ... anyone who has put on a brand new pair knows what I mean ... they aren't soft at all ... like wearing cardboard ... and the helmet restraint looks brand new!
Glad you got the chute jacket Mike ... have you decided to put the other jacket up for sale as well? Or are you saving that one for the river?
wasnt hard to convince him with his wife around either. :rollside:

BUSBY
02-20-2006, 08:07 AM
isn't that the truth ... Jessa was all about him getting one :)
Mike ... did you seel the stuff yet or what?

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Cool Chris,
I will probably get the chute anyway, since circles won't be the majority. But I like the idea of the flak material.
Brian
Brian,
You might do what I did when I bought my jacket last year. I didn't want to buy a standard jacket and then find out at some point I would need a chute jacket for something I wanted to do. Since you can't add a chute to a non chute jacket, I made the best compromise I could. I bought a chute/no chute jacket (built for a chute, but doesn't include the chute) and used the $$ I saved to have extra flak material added to the jacket to help protect ribs etc if I ended up going through the side of the boat. I bought my vest for the enduro and figured that would probalby be used in a roundy round environment more than straight line, but added the chute capability just in case.
Hope that helps,
Chris

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 08:37 AM
When you finally buy the chute, it will seem cheap!!!
haha
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-21-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63lifeline.jpg

wsuwrhr
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/63lifeline2.jpg

wsuwrhr
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/63lifeline3.jpg