PDA

View Full Version : River between Parker Dam and Lost Lake

RiverFF
07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Wheres the best place to launch? I have never been on that part of the river, and would like to go check it out...

rivrrts429
07-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Thats a pretty large area, you may want to narrow it down some. You can't launch on the strip and make it down to lost lake. There is a dam in between. There are a few public launches on the strip, Patria flats comes to mind on the az side. And you can launch at Big River if you want to go on the lower river.

breezeblocker
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
the city park in big river , next to the big river inn.

RiverFF
07-26-2007, 11:38 AM
the city park in big river , next to the big river inn.
Heading from Havasu, cross over the bridge and turn left before the stop sign? or head towards Vidal and turn left at he Big River sign..Thanks for the help!!!

It's all Good
07-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Heading from Havasu, cross over the bridge and turn left before the stop sign? or head towards Vidal and turn left at he Big River sign..Thanks for the help!!!
They will both get you to the same place. The left before the stop sign is the shorter route.

OverKill
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Yep you want to go to Big River if you want to get to Lost Lake. You want to launch at the Park in Big River next to Big River Inn. They also have a good restuarant there called the DOCK, exelent food, and good prices.
Directions
If your coming from Arizona, you want to cross over to the California side. Use the bridge next to the RailRoad bridge that road is called California Ave. Make a left at Rio Vista. Go just past the storage units on the left and make a left at Rio Mesa. Rio Mesa will take you to the gate shack with a guy to buy a pass from.
If your wanting to go to Lost Lake, you will have to head down river. It's about a 20 minute boat ride if you just cruise. They also have gas for boats in the back of there channel, with another restuarant and refill the cooler to. Get a hold of Squirtcha? here on the boards. He is down there almost every weekend, and he can show you all the cool stuff to do there. If your gonna be there for Labor Day weekend, I will be there from August 26th to Sept.4th.
OverKill

Nucking futs
07-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Nothing to see on that stretch of the river, its to shallow to boat, havasu rocks !!!! parker works too!!!!

rivrrts429
07-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Nothing to see on that stretch of the river, its to shallow to boat, havasu rocks !!!! parker works too!!!!
:D ;)

RiverFF
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Yep you want to go to Big River if you want to get to Lost Lake. You want to launch at the Park in Big River next to Big River Inn. They also have a good restuarant there called the DOCK, exelent food, and good prices.
Directions
If your coming from Arizona, you want to cross over to the California side. Use the bridge next to the RailRoad bridge that road is called California Ave. Make a left at Rio Vista. Go just past the storage units on the left and make a left at Rio Mesa. Rio Mesa will take you to the gate shack with a guy to buy a pass from.
If your wanting to go to Lost Lake, you will have to head down river. It's about a 20 minute boat ride if you just cruise. They also have gas for boats in the back of there channel, with another restuarant and refill the cooler to. Get a hold of Squirtcha? here on the boards. He is down there almost every weekend, and he can show you all the cool stuff to do there. If your gonna be there for Labor Day weekend, I will be there from August 26th to Sept.4th.
OverKill
Thanks Man, Good info. With a family now, I need something more mellow than Havasu and/or the Parker strip. I have owned in both places and dont regret either one. Its just time to check out another spot...

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 12:17 PM
If looking for a family type place to boat along the river you should look into heading towards Blythe. We launch out of McIntyre Park which is about 6-10 miles South of Blythe. Real family friendly park. Need to watch out for sandbars is about all.

RiverFF
07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
If looking for a family type place to boat along the river you should look into heading towards Blythe. We launch out of McIntyre Park which is about 6-10 miles South of Blythe. Real family friendly park. Need to watch out for sandbars is about all. Are there homes and/or lots water front for lease/sale in that area???

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I would imagine there are but wouldnt even know where to look.
Are there homes and/or lots water front for lease/sale in that area???

OverKill
07-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Are there homes and/or lots water front for lease/sale in that area???
Hey bud. Check out bigriverrealty.com. Get in contact with Amy. She is great at finding a place to buy/lease in Big River.
OverKill

Nucking futs
07-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey overkill, quit pimpin out big river. We don't want another parker down there. Its perfect the way it is now.

Boatcop
07-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey overkill, quit pimpin out big river. We don't want another parker down there. Its perfect the way it is now.
What? You don't want any 38' off-shore boats down there. ;)
:D

Nucking futs
07-27-2007, 04:49 PM
What? You don't want any 38' off-shore boats down there. ;)
:D
Actually I would like to keep the PWC's away.....:D
Im not worried about the big boats,its way to shallow for them.

RiverFF
07-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Just looking for a place to relax, float, and let the kids play without having to constantly watch out for the complete idiots on the waterways. I really enjoy Havasu, but its not the same as it use to be...

OverKill
07-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey never mind you are no longer allowed to come to Big River. Forget everything I said, I was lieing to you. Most of all NuckenFuts said you can't be going down there. It is very dangerous and not safe for kids. Big Crocks, electric eels, leeches, and all sorts of bad fungis near by. So pass it on and NuckenFuts and I will keep you posted on all the other stuff that goes on down there.
Just ask Boat Cop how bad it is. He stays all the way up river in Parker, and he's a cop that should tell you something.
Ask Squirtcha? what happened to the bottom of his boat. He thought he hit a rock bar but we later found out it was a 12' Crock trying to take a bite out of the boat. He had his whole family with him and everything.
So I got to be honest here just go to Havasu, or Paker Strip. They have all the wild animals under control from better funding. Sorry about the missunderstanding I hope you can forgive me. Good luck and happy boating.
OverKill

Nucking futs
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey never mind you are no longer allowed to come to Big River. Forget everything I said, I was lieing to you. Most of all NuckenFuts said you can't be going down there. It is very dangerous and not safe for kids. Big Crocks, electric eels, leeches, and all sorts of bad fungis near by. So pass it on and NuckenFuts and I will keep you posted on all the other stuff that goes on down there.
Just ask Boat Cop how bad it is. He stays all the way up river in Parker, and he's a cop that should tell you something.
Ask Squirtcha? what happened to the bottom of his boat. He thought he hit a rock bar but we later found out it was a 12' Crock trying to take a bite out of the boat. He had his whole family with him and everything.
So I got to be honest here just go to Havasu, or Paker Strip. They have all the wild animals under control from better funding. Sorry about the missunderstanding I hope you can forgive me. Good luck and happy boating.
OverKill
Thata Boy.....:D