PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question?

maxwedge
07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve information from an auction item I sold on ebay 4 years ago. Or for that matter a way to actually contact somebody from ebay and ask them? I sold a car on ebay four years ago to somebody who never registered it, then abandoned it at a local storage place, now I'm getting letters from the local asshole towing company saying I owe them $1000's in fees or my drivers liscence will be suspended, etc.
In IL when you sell a vehichle to a private party all you do is sign the back of the title, so I have no record of the sale except the ebay auction. Anyone have any ideas?

talkinghead
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Any old emails? For a large $$ purchase usually there are some email exchanges between buyer/seller.

Baja Big Dog
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Tell them to lien it and sell it...

Sleek-Jet
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Tell them to lien it and sell it...
Then go pound sand...
I had a similiar deal happen a couple years ago with my brother and a pickup I "owned"... he focked around and got it towed, then never did go down and get it out of the yard. All this without telling me what happened.
About a year later, I get a registered letter from an impound yard in Vegas that I owe then 1500.00 in towing and storage fees. I call them up and ask them what going on, and they say that they filled for an abandoned title then sold the truck, but I was liable for the balance. I say I won't pay it... they threaten to put a lean on my other cars, and send me to collections, blah blah blah... I believe the last thing I said to the lady was that since they saw fit to sell the truck before contacting me, they could kiss my ass...
That's the last I've ever heard of it.

driverno8
07-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Contact ebay to see if they have something that far back. If not, take Sleek-Jet's advice!

maxwedge
07-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. The towing company was nice enough to tell me they reccomend I just go ahead and pay them the $1500.: I told the super friendly and proffesional, stupid dipshit bitch who answered the phone, that I would consider that option...
and that I had also really enjoyed the letter they sent, which arrived sometime around noon today, telling me the car would be auctioned off at 8:00am this morning, and that if I didn't show up to claim it I faced fines, suspended liscence, etc. I told her I enjoyed it so much that I was going to go ahead and pay them in cash as long as they show up in Bethlehem during the birth of Jesus and meet me in the stable. She didn't seem to think that was funny.:D

RaceFace
07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Nice! Freegin twat!!
I had the same experience years ago with a VW bug I sold....the tow yard ended up selling it somehow....fortunately I had sent my Release of Lein in to the DMV so they didnt have a leg to stand on. Fockers!!!

edog_103
07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Did you file a release of liability with the DMV?
I've been told by the AAA DMV office that if anything were to happen before the people registered it, then thats your only written documention to prove your not responsible.
Forensic
Also put the exact mileage on the release. So when they drive two blocks away and kill a family of six you are not responsible.