PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks In Havasu

RiverRatMike
02-18-2006, 11:56 PM
It was off the hook tonight. Sara Park was packed big time. I got to witness one million firecrackers being lit off and once. It was amazing with a huge fireball near the end. Anyone have pictures? Going back on Sunday night to take some photos. Great show I loved it!

Kilrtoy
02-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Yes it was sweet

OGShocker
02-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Mike,
We saw you pull in, but we had 30 people show up and could not look for you. Tonight was "off the hook"!!! Will you be there tomorrow night?

SummitKarl
02-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Mike,
We saw you pull in, but we had 30 people show up and could not look for you. Tonight was "off the hook"!!! Will you be there tomorrow night?
hey the fireworks were great.
but the food and the friends were truly the things to be there for.
Thanks Mark and Denise, what a great day :)
A 6' long BBQ..........I think I am in love :rollside: :boxed:

RiverRatMike
02-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Mike,
OCS, yes I'll be there again tonight. But without the trailer this time. I want to try and get a parking spot there in the lower parking lot this time. Where you guys going to be? I'll be there around 6pm tonight.

OGShocker
02-19-2006, 10:18 AM
OCS, yes I'll be there again tonight. But without the trailer this time. I want to try and get a parking spot there in the lower parking lot this time. Where you guys going to be? I'll be there around 6pm tonight.
We were in the first dirt pad off 95. I am hearing we may not stay tonight. :cry:

SummitKarl
02-19-2006, 10:22 AM
We were in the first dirt pad off 95. I am hearing we may not stay tonight. :cry:

Rod-64
02-19-2006, 11:39 AM
It was like a rock concert last night. We had to pull off on the frontage road past Basha's.
Thank you Mark and Sara for the great time and the Heinekins and Vodka Mango drinks! :crossx:
Papa Leone's was delicious as usual. :p
Nice to finally meet Willy and Sondra.......had a blast.
Should be a great boating season this year. That is if they ever get me boat finished. :skull:

RiverRatMike
02-19-2006, 04:08 PM

Phat Matt
02-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Maybe we will check it out tonight.

purrfecttremor
02-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Its well worth tie time.Take plenty of booze.Great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
They are going off tonight.... Nice show already

RiverRatMike
02-19-2006, 09:36 PM
the show tonight (Sunday) was way better than on Sat night. Even at 10:30pm the fireworks are still going off. Killer show tonight, it was amazing the fireworks that went off tonight!!!!

RiverRatMike
02-19-2006, 11:35 PM
some pix I took tonight at the fireworks show
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11432&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11433&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11434&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11435&stc=1

shueman
02-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Great pix as always......thanks for sharing...!! :cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-20-2006, 07:13 AM
What is the occasion of this annual fireworks show?? Just because ?
Looks awesome. Great pics Mike. :rollside:

Daytona100
02-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Did the charity bike ride saturday morning to the desert bar. What a blast. Did some partying at the bar and checked out the fireworks sat night. What a bitchen weekend. Definitly goeing to do it next year. Time to get the boat ready for easter our first camping and boating trip of the year. Parker here we come. :)

RiverRatMike
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
What is the occasion of this annual fireworks show?? Just because ?
Looks awesome. Great pics Mike. :rollside:
Linda,
They do it every year out here. This was the 17th year of the fireworks at Sara Park. All the big firework venders come here to display their products. It's always a incredible show. Run Thur through Sun. I heard something also about them doing it again this year in June.

RiverRatMike
02-20-2006, 01:44 PM
then this terrible event happened while I was at the Park. I saw a much of emergency vehicles and a helicoptor near a mountain by Sara Park.
LHC man dies at SARA Park
By Richard de Give
Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:32 PM MST
A Lake Havasu City man died Sunday afternoon at SARA Park while climbing on cliffs west of the park.
Nathan Sisk, 20, was climbing in the Tabletop region when he fell, according to Lake Havasu City Interim Fire Chief Dennis Mueller.
A news release from the city indicates Sisk fell approximately 30 feet while “free” climbing with two friends. None of the three were wearing helmets or using other safety gear, the release states.
Mueller said others heard the calls of the victims' friends for help and tried to lend assistance. Another hiker called 9-1-1 while others performed CPR.
The call was received by the fire department at 4:39 p.m.
A two-man rescue team went to the scene of the accident, a 45-minute hike, Mueller said, to do a basic assessment.
Another team, with more medical equipment soon followed, Mueller said, as is standard in such cases.
The victim continued to receive CPR, Mueller said, but Sisk's injuries were too intense for recovery.
The victim was removed from the scene by a Department of Public Safety helicopter around 6:20 p.m.
“It's a very tragic event,” Mueller said. “I had the family with me asking what was going on and I had to tell them.”
Mueller said the city sent two engine companies and four members of the Technical Rescue Team. Two other officers who were on duty at SARA Park for the fireworks show assisted, in addition to Mueller, Incident Commander James Whitt and Technical Rescue director Don Mesisca.
Two Lake Havasu City Police offices, a State Parks officer, a Mohave County Sheriff's Department officer and a Ranger from Kingman were involved, he added.
The body was eventually taken to Lietz-Fraze Funeral Home and Crematory.
The Mohave County Sheriff's Office is in charge of the investigation. MCSO spokesman Trish Carter had no further details Sunday night.

Mrs.Racer277
02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
The fireworks were awesome. Thank you again to the OG's for their hospitality. :) :)

RiverRatMike
02-21-2006, 12:20 AM
you should have been there Sunday night it was even better!

a catered life
02-21-2006, 07:25 AM
It was like a rock concert last night. We had to pull off on the frontage road past Basha's.
Thank you Mark and Sara for the great time and the Heinekins and Vodka Mango drinks! :crossx:
Papa Leone's was delicious as usual. :p
Nice to finally meet Willy and Sondra.......had a blast.
Should be a great boating season this year. That is if they ever get me boat finished. :skull:
rod it was a pleasure to meet and have a few :rolleyes: with you...lmao we have got to hook up again :rollside:

OGShocker
02-21-2006, 09:48 AM
The fireworks were awesome. Thank you again to the OG's for their hospitality. :) :)
Thank you, Dia! It was nice seeing you and Sean. Thank's for having us over on Friday night.