PDA

View Full Version : Is Aquafina Tap water?

topless
07-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Just thought I'd ask.:D :D

burtandnancy2
07-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Much of all bottled water is tap water. It just costs a jillion times more...

topless
07-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm drinking Arrowhead right now and it says it is Mountain from the united Stated AND Canada. I'm going to go buy some Aquafina right now. :mad:

DelawareDave
07-27-2007, 11:55 AM
When I worked in Gilbert, Az, a bottled water company bought the building across the street. First thing they did was put in a 12" water line from the street. I always saw trucks loaded with bottles leaving, but never a tanker bringing in the "mountain spring" water that was promised on the sides of the delivery trucks. I always was a little suspicious of where the water came from. :jawdrop:

Racey
07-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Have you ever seen Penn & Teller's Bullshit on water, it was on showtime a while back, pretty damn funny when they were selling 'fancy designer water' at an upscale restaurant to see if people could tell, but the waiter was filling the bottles off a green garden hose out back. :D "Wow, this is really delicious water" too funny!!!

Nord
07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Aquafina uses reverse osmosis, read the bottle. It is filtered water basically.

topless
07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Hate to break your bubble Mz Nasty, but 90% of the bottle water you get is right out of the tap. For example, the Albertsons (who shall be known from here on out as the as*hole of the grocery industry) gets their bottled water from the same bottling plant that bottles their milk. They just flush the lines and run tap water through Arrowhead filters and into the same jugs as they use for the milk, fruit punch, etc. If I remember the numbers correctly the cost to them was 1 3/4 cents per gallon including the jug.
RioMz Nasty???? Who you calling Nasty????:mad:

Mardonzi
07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
i think he was talkn to you missy:D you gona take that shit?:idea: :D
Of course she is,,, she's like the Abondible.... Once Klondike Jack yanks her teeth,, she's harmless as a kitten....
Oh,, and where's my shot?

adjones419
07-27-2007, 12:32 PM
i think it all is,but in the little bottles its easy to haul;)
Exactly. It's all about the "convenience" of being able to just grab a bottle of water and go. Nice marketing ploy, I'll give 'em that.

Slow What
07-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Aquafina uses reverse osmosis, read the bottle. It is filtered water basically.
Still one of my favorites (Aquafina) , I put a reverse osmosis system in my last house and just filled my own bottles .

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Be glad it is filtered tap water. Tap water in the U.S. has to meet much tougher health standards than botteld water.:)

sleekcraft80
07-28-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm drinking Arrowhead right now and it says it is Mountain from the united Stated AND Canada. :mad:
Did you know that the water pumping station in arrowhead springs where they load the trucks with water is right next to the sewer plant. :eek: :eek:

BoatPI
07-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Simple;
If the label reads drinking water, then it is tab water.
If it reads Spring water, then it is botteled from a natural source direct, not from a tap.

bigq
07-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Arrowhead has a few different types of water. The Spring IS "spring water" brought from several spring areas not just San Bernardino mountains although San Bernardino mountains is the main source, but it is from a spring, I am sure the springs are quite low right now though. The "drinking" water is from municipal sources and is run through various filters and methods the clean the water.

dmontzsta
07-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Yeah and it all comes from Moreno Valley, so don't get in the way of any large Pepsi trucks headin to Buena Park on the 91 cuz they are heavy.
Rio
Moreno Valley's tap water is the best tasting and looking I have ever seen/had.

DILLIGAF
07-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Moreno Valley's tap water is the best tasting and looking I have ever seen/had.
You haven't been to OR I would guess.....OR water is the best tap water I have tasted by far.

so cal D
07-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I Wold Rather Drink Aquafina Than Arrowhead. Arrowhead Taste Like Havasu Channel Water!!

Concept1
07-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I think arrowhead and aquafina taste like tap water, I like the taste of Dasani, and Fiji the best, and I drink alot of water!!

ULTRA28
07-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I think arrowhead and aquafina taste like tap water, I like the taste of Dasani, and Fiji the best, and I drink alot of water!!
I agree. We drink about 3 to four cases of Dasani a week. I know it's just filtered tap water, but I like it. I also like Icelandic Glacial.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-28-2007, 10:16 AM
It's is my understanding that Aquafina now states, in some way, on their bottles that the source of their water is the tap. Saw it on the news last night Personally, I prefer Dasani which is also filtered tap water. I don't like the taste of most spring waters, as they all taste kinda thick. Those in my family drink alot of water. Glad we recycle in my area.

shockwavebd
07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I prefer the ULTRA bottled water...........you know the stuff John pumps from his pool...........:D

OverKill
07-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I agree. We drink about 3 to four cases of Dasani a week. I know it's just filtered tap water, but I like it. I also like Icelandic Glacial.
Like wise, my wife and I go through about 3 to 4 cases of Dasani a week. I does tast good to.
Maybe some can tell me one thing. About a year ago Dasani used to compress there bottles, now they open with no pressure.

sorry dog
07-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Water in my area comes from 4 different sources. Only one would I consider "clean". Water plant managers would have to vary the amount of chemical (like alum, Cl2, carbon, lime) according to which source they drew more from. Funny thing one of the more uppity areas gets most of their from an area that I wouldn't even swim in and is down stream from JBB's lawn.
Quality of tap water can and does vary a lot.

Jbb
07-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Water in my area comes from 4 different sources. Only one would I consider "clean". Water plant managers would have to vary the amount of chemical (like alum, Cl2, carbon, lime) according to which source they drew more from. Funny thing one of the more uppity areas gets most of their from an area that I wouldn't even swim in and is down stream from JBB's lawn.
Quality of tap water can and does vary a lot.
While it is true .....I urinate in you're towns water...there is an upside...I have been taking a lot of extra vitamins lately....:D

bigq
07-28-2007, 05:29 PM
It's is my understanding that Aquafina now states, in some way, on their bottles that the source of their water is the tap. Saw it on the news last night Personally, I prefer Dasani which is also filtered tap water. I don't like the taste of most spring waters, as they all taste kinda thick. Those in my family drink alot of water. Glad we recycle in my area.
That is from the higher total dissolved solids in all spring water.

Flyinbowtie
07-28-2007, 05:42 PM
We have a well.
240 Ft. deep, into bedrock.
It tastes better than all the foo-foo water I've ever tried.
I will admit, tho, I like Propel.
When my eldest son went to his grandparents home in SoCal for the first time, at about 2 yrs old, he wouldn't drink the tap water.
"Granny, is that really the water you drink? It stinks, and it doesn't taste good." Turns to me, "Dad did we bring any real water?"
That went over big.:rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
07-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I would never buy bottled water, it taste's nasty and costs like a $1.50 a little bottle up here :yuk: case of 24 costs $50.00 and a 24 of Labatt Lite Glazier Beer costs $40.00...I sure the hell am not going to buy water that comes out of a tap unless it comes with a blow job from a girl from Hooters..........( . )( . )........