PDA

View Full Version : Need air conditioner moved

Brian Hatch
07-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Looking for someone in the Corona area to move my air conditioners out of my back yard to my side yard. Sick of eating on my patio and the air comes on and you can't hear yourself think. Why do they put them there in the first place...
Any hook ups out there!!!
Thanks, Brian

shippingguy
07-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Looking for someone in the Corona area to move my air conditioners out of my back yard to my side yard. Sick of eating on my patio and the air comes on and you can't hear yourself think. Why do they put them there in the first place...
Any hook ups out there!!!
Thanks, Brian
Check your PM's.

Cole Trickle
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
mines the same way...loud as crap and right next to my bedroom window. They also spaced it 1.5' off the wall?
Sadly they placed it so if/when I do a slider I will have to move it.

HM
07-27-2007, 12:48 PM
There is a county/city ordinance on how far away your air conditioner must be from your property line. Most of the postage stamp size lots don't have enough room to legally put them on the side of the house.
You can move it and probably never have to worry about it unless you have a neighbor that knows the law and complains.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure but I think Desertrider does air.

Tom Brown
07-27-2007, 01:07 PM
mines the same way...loud as crap and right next to my bedroom window.
I don't know why so many guys do that. Some people seem to think it's a good thing. It gets the condensing unit away from the patio on most homes, I suppose.
They also spaced it 1.5' off the wall?
That's a good thing. Actually, you're not supposed to place it right next to a structure, the way some installers do. It's supposed to have good air circulation around the circumference of the unit.
Personally, I prefer putting them on the roof. It's a little more work but not a lot. There's usually a chimney chase or wet wall to get the line set and electrical service from the roof to the basement so it's not a big deal to wire. The only trick is to make sure the installer bends an oil trap into the lineset, if the elevation difference between the a-coil and condenser is beyond spec.

Tom Brown
07-27-2007, 01:16 PM
God, you know a lot of stuff about stuff.
HVAC is a former career. The way things are going in my present career, it's looking like I will need to reinstate my contractor's bond in the near future. :D
If it's any consolation, I don't know jack shit about golf. Seriously, I go through 6~12 balls per round. My best score is 101. Typical score is closer to 110~115. I always do better on the front 9. By the time I get to the back 9, my hands are usually pretty sore. Do you suppose my grip isn't quite right? :D

DesertGirl
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure but I think Desertrider does air.
Dezertrider does do HVAC, mostly commerical, but he knows plenty about residential as well. He has been doing it for years. He works at Source Refrigeration, PM him with any questions.

Tom Brown
07-27-2007, 01:19 PM
What do you do now? I always assumed you were semi retired. You seem to have a lot of free time.
:D :D

Tom Brown
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks, John.
Right now, I work for a major corporation as their network architect. We're going through a major merger at the moment. All vacation has been cancelled for the next 8 months and we're working all the overtime we can handle.
When this merger is done, I'm going to press for a 3 day work week. I don't have a lot of money but I don't have a family, I live cheap, and it would be nice to have extra time to spend on non-work activities. We'll see.
You may have noticed I haven't been around much in 07, with the exception of the last 10 days, or so. I was really sick so I've been working from home. I'm much better now so I'll be back at work on Monday.
You don't share a lot of yourself here, John. I get a kick out of hearing about your daughter and your pro-shop side business. It's neat how you develop friendships online, with people you've never met, and it's nice to learn more about them.
:cool:

sorry dog
07-27-2007, 04:39 PM
HVAC is a former career. The way things are going in my present career, it's looking like I will need to reinstate my contractor's bond in the near future. :D
If it's any consolation, I don't know jack shit about golf. Seriously, I go through 6~12 balls per round. My best score is 101. Typical score is closer to 110~115. I always do better on the front 9. By the time I get to the back 9, my hands are usually pretty sore. Do you suppose my grip isn't quite right? :D
It can't be the grip. Everyone here knows that you got that covered.

Screemy1
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
my old house had it on the patio... it sucked for the same reason you have, now I moved to the mountains and the a/c is on the far side of the house.... so I will never hear it..... then again, it is a lot cooler here so it goes on maybe once or twice a month for 2 months in a year...:D :D :D

YeLLowBoaT
07-27-2007, 05:03 PM
There is a county/city ordinance on how far away your air conditioner must be from your property line. Most of the postage stamp size lots don't have enough room to legally put them on the side of the house.
You can move it and probably never have to worry about it unless you have a neighbor that knows the law and complains.
Or you have an inspector over for what ever reason and they are a hard ass... would not be the 1st time they found something unrelated to what they were inspecting.
Also the guy that moves it know its illegal would lose his lic if he could be traced.

riverroyal
07-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I have a few connections.12 inches off the wall is MINIMUM

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Dezertrider does do HVAC, mostly commerical, but he knows plenty about residential as well. He has been doing it for years. He works at Source Refrigeration, PM him with any questions.
I spelled it wrong .. sorry..:)

ChumpChange
07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks, John.
Don't you know his name is Bob?......or is it Dog?:D