PDA

View Full Version : FlatRat to the JeRk phone please

CircleJerk
06-07-2003, 09:10 AM
FlatRat, Does this mean you wont be bringint the boat? Now, put your prop on the bent shaft and give me a measurement from the back of the blades or the hub to the end of the shaft where it contacts the v-ddrive output shaft. I may have one for you that we could install there!!!! I would call you but I am not sure what your real name is! OLD AGE you know....... smile_sp Got to get back in the shop, smile_sp the Bombers engine is still on the floor and I have to replace the oil pan, so you could make it also if I can!

CircleJerk
06-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Now as for the other Flat Rat with the space in between, are you up for some cruising??? I am looking forward to a ride in your Mandolineie since I'm sure the bomber wont let me! To the shop......marching orders you know. smile_sp

FlatRat
06-07-2003, 12:44 PM
JoIk,
Hey, I'm at work now (ha ha) but I'll get measurements when I get home.You da man.
I'm not sure what my real name is.
[ June 07, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: FlatRat ]

FlatRat
06-07-2003, 07:29 PM
kRej,
Prop shaft is 69" from prop hub to end of shaft.I found my knocking noise problem.This is after I checked all of the rods and mains,which they looked like new.I so happy.I had a broken tooth off of the top gear in the Hallcraft box.I had a spare set so I will have it back together in the next few days.I so happy.Did I say that already.
Kirk out.
406-882-4739
[ June 07, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: FlatRat ]

Flat Rat
06-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Hi Jerk
Al has been down with both Sangers, so he is ready. Now me that is a nother story. Got the regulator in and tried to start, had fuel coming out of a both carbs. Just came from the shop now. I'm just slow. We are looking to some of that crusing. When do you plan to get to the lake?

CircleJerk
06-07-2003, 11:43 PM
SPACE RAT, You have one heck of a pump! Are you sure that thing isnt supposed to have a return line like an injector, thereby by passing what the carb doesnt want? Sounds like your needle and seats are taking a bruising!
Bomber helped install the JR.rat into her boat and we will fire it tomarrow and hopefully have no oil leaks. I am not telling when I plan on leaving or arriving,,,,,its a secret! OKeeDokie....It would be a shame to see two Sangers and a Lavey ahead of you! Get that Mandolinie running. smile_sp

CircleJerk
06-07-2003, 11:53 PM
FATRAT If we are measuring the same, MY shaft is two inches too short at 65". That shaft I just had straightened at the machine shop for 50 bucks. Maybe yours can be done also if you know someone up there. Mine was bent in three different locations! You shouldnt have any problem running that shaft at a reasonalble cruising speed. It might wear on the strut bushing a little more than normal but maybe someone else here has an opinion.. You're going to be mad at yourself after you see this lake and not have your boat with you! TheJeRkhasSpokeN smile_sp

hondo sanger
06-08-2003, 09:37 PM
hey, hey , i am ready to race. let me do it. cya at banks AL