PDA

View Full Version : Dog escaping!!

riverracerx
07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
So my 24 lb. miniature american eskimo keeps getting out of my yard. He jumps over my 5'6" slumpstone wall and then roams the neighborhood. Aside from making the wall taller, is there something I can put on the top to keep him from pouncing over it?
He is 9 and crafty. He walks the length of the yard staring at the wall to see where it is the shortest. Then he hops over into the neighbors yard and walks out through his iron gate.
Ideas?

Racey
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
the old perimeter zap collar, once he gets that first zap he wont try again.

78Eliminator
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
You ever see the movie "Misery" where the insane fan "hobbles" the famous writer James Caan was playing? lol............

Cole Trickle
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
So my 24 lb. miniature american eskimo keeps getting out of my yard. He jumps over my 5'6" slumpstone wall and then roams the neighborhood. Aside from making the wall taller, is there something I can put on the top to keep him from pouncing over it?
He is 9 and crafty. He walks the length of the yard staring at the wall to see where it is the shortest. Then he hops over into the neighbors yard and walks out through his iron gate.
Ideas?
I don't think you need to worry about how....i think you should think about why????
Has he seen you browsing the see-do boards or websites looking at boats? What about the yammaha brochures on the table?
If the answer to any of those are yes he might be looking for a new ***boating family with a cool ride.:D;)
Maybe small ankel weights?:devil: :idea:

finsfan4life
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Ideas?
Be careful with ur Stevenson Ranch neighbors up there, they'll call Santa Clarita Sheriff real qwk....!!!! ha

Rexone
07-27-2007, 02:34 PM
the old perimeter zap collar, once he gets that first zap he wont try again.
My neighbor had the same problem with a big yellow lab. He was often in my yard and couldn't get back over because wall is higher on my side. They put the perimeter collar on him and the problem ended. He won't get within 5 feet of the wall now. You basically run a wire around the perimeter and a collar on the dog. Dog gets too close, dog gets a little current through the collar. Dog doesn't like that. Dog learns wall is not a good place to hang.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Ideas?
keep him off my lawn. J/K :D :D :D
I say what a few have said also. The colar with a little zap should be good and it doesn't harm them. I have heard they learn this real fast.
Good Luck

Schiada76
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
My wife came in the kitchen the other morning and said there was a little black dog with an SC sweater on running around the yard. It was the next door neighbors and didn't like dumping in his own yard.:jawdrop: I was just glad to find out our little dog only crapped half as much as I thought it did.:D

SummitKarl
07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Ideas?
run a piece of 2" pipe along the top inside edge of the wall..the same pipe used for chain link fence posts....dogs don't have thumbs;) :D and the dog will not be able to latch his paws to the top of the wall and pull himself over with the smooth rounded shape of the pipe... trust me I have a 7yr old escape artist myself and a 6ft fence is nothing to her
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/dinga1.jpg

barbigrl
07-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't think you need to worry about how....i think you should think about why????
Has he seen you browsing the see-do boards or websites looking at boats? What about the yammaha brochures on the table?
If the answer to any of those are yes he might be looking for a new ***boating family with a cool ride.:D;)
Maybe small ankel weights?:devil: :idea:
HAHAHAHA..... I think you might be right Brandon... Is it a female dog??? Maybe she is looking for a bigger boat!! lol.. j/k:D

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Agree, the perimeter collar might be the best way to keep the dog in.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM
The perrimiter collar is likely the best idea. After than, a good old fashioned fence wire, run arround the inside, about 6" above and inside the fence edge, would also do the trick quite nicely.

phebus
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
So, it's your dog that has been shitting on the Flying Vee's yard. :D
Rat Bastard!!!:mad:

riverracerx
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
The problem with the zapper is that I want him to be able to lay next to the wall (it is shady) and not get zapped just for being there. But I don't want him jumping it.
Plus the run on the side of my house is only 7' wide and he won't have much more room to go if the wall keeps zapping him?
The 2" tube sounds good. I could do that with PVC pretty easy (and cheap)
Oh, and Brandin......I will bring him over to $hit in your yard next time! :D

boats&bars
07-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I have Beagles and they follow there nose anywhere Bass Pro shops has training systems that you can adjust the peremeter you might want to check it out in rancho its up the stairs and to the right in the gun dept.

Rexone
07-27-2007, 05:10 PM
You could also use an electric fence system, easy just 2 wires anchored down the top of the wall. I have a solar powered charger unit I would sell reasonable. I can tell you exactly how to install as well as I've done it, where to get the proper wire etc.. Puts out a few millisecond charge about every second. I used it to keep coyotes and other invaders out.
Dog puts paw on top of wall to pull himself up, he's zapped. It will only take one or two times. I've tested mine with my hand. It only took one time for me. :D
The pipe idea sounds pretty good too. And cheap. :)
Just make sure whatever attachment method you use isn't sharp and cut his feet up cause he will be trying to get over it.

Riverkid
07-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I've tested mine with my hand. It only took one time for me. :D
My father in law and I decided one night to try out the dog bark collar we has on his kids dog after she complained about it. We'd hold it and the dog would bark..WOW... :D