PDA

View Full Version : Constant Storms in Havasu

OliverM5
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Weather channel shows thunderstorms every day for the next 10 days...what gives?

phebus
07-27-2007, 03:04 PM
They have been all around us, but so far we haven't gotten hit.

ratso
07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I guess the two months of it we were hit with is coming your way...:D

Havasu 928
07-27-2007, 03:20 PM
They have been all around us, but so far we haven't gotten hit.
Maybe we should discuss the weather over a cold one at Maddogs?? Happy hr started already!!!

phebus
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
That sounds great, but I'm waiting for Linda to get back from Cali. She got stuck in that wonderfull 12 noon rush hour traffic trying to escape OC.

Havasu 928
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
That sounds great, but I'm waiting for Linda to get back from Cali. She got stuck in that wonderfull 12 noon rush hour traffic trying to escape OC.
Come on she wont mind, iam sure she will understand??

Kachina26
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I guess the two months of it we were hit with is coming your way...:D
I hope I never see that bullshit you guys call weather ever again! I love a thunder storm as much as the next guy, but fock, that crap was too much!
K>happy to be out of Texas<26

Throttle
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
is that what she told you... she is here at the fire station... I am cooking dinner:idea:

squirt'nmyload
07-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Weather channel shows thunderstorms every day for the next 10 days...what gives?
monsoon season....it has been pretty good to us in phoenix so far....looks like we are about to get hit soon :)

phebus
07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
is that what she told you... she is here at the fire station... I am cooking dinner:idea:
Please send her home with a doggy bag. :idea:

Ion
07-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Just doesn't happen here. In my almost 8 years here, I've only seen one real monsoon roll through town. Mostly idle threats, unfortunately we still get the pleasure of the humidity...

phebus
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Just doesn't happen here. In my almost 8 years here, I've only seen one real monsoon roll through town. Mostly idle threats, unfortunately we still get the pleasure of the humidity...
What do they call it, the Bubble Effect? The cooler waters of the lake steer storms around Havasu most of the time.
Don, thanks for the great job you did painting the name on my boat. I will take pics next time out and post them up.
Anyone needing numbers painted on their boat, or names, Don is the man. :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
We are on the way just passing Ludlow so where are we having that cold beer

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Rain on I40

Ion
07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
What do they call it, the Bubble Effect? The cooler waters of the lake steer storms around Havasu most of the time.
Don, thanks for the great job you did painting the name on my boat. I will take pics next time out and post them up.
Hey...thanks for the kind words Rick. Now that I've seen you in person, has anyone ever told you resemble your avatar?

EAZYKILLER2006
07-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Rain on I40
Yes pretty hard thru needles
hope it doesn't rain tomorrow

TheCarDudes
07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I second that.
Here is his work on our boat. Lines are so unbelievably perfect, I thought it was vinyl when I first looked at it. Don Burda is THE MAN.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16594otg.jpg

RiverRatMike
07-27-2007, 08:41 PM
we'll see about that. All week big thunderstorms all around Havasu and really nothing as far as lightning and rain goes for us.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 08:43 PM
we'll see about that. All week big thunderstorms all around Havasu and really nothing as far as lightning and rain goes for us.
do you have any of your famous pics of lightning yet.:)

RiverRatMike
07-27-2007, 09:35 PM
do you have any of your famous pics of lightning yet.:)
I've been waiting Mrs Flyin Vee. Been checking outside every night and nothing. Just a bunch of clouds. I'll post some on here when I get them. By this time last year I would have easily had 30 photos of the lightning captured. The monsoon is very strange here in Havasu this year.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I've been waiting Mrs Flyin Vee. Been checking outside every night and nothing. Just a bunch of clouds. I'll post some on here when I get them. By this time last year I would have easily had 30 photos of the lightning captured. The monsoon is very strange here in Havasu this year.
when ever there is a storm out your way I wait for the pics. The ones you take are so awesome .. I have always wanted to be one of those storm chasers and never followed through with it. So your pics are awesome.. :)

hava life
07-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Real bad weather don't come:) tried to launch the boat today but with the hard rain I couldn't see the ramp. Nothing but rain I tell ya:D If you do make it out be sure to rest well in the morning sleep in and let the crazy people launch early :)

RiverRatMike
07-27-2007, 10:58 PM
when ever there is a storm out your way I wait for the pics. The ones you take are so awesome .. I have always wanted to be one of those storm chasers and never followed through with it. So your pics are awesome.. :)
thanks, I appreicate that. Yeah well seems that I'm the only one in Havasu that does the storm photos. Kinda weird but I think it's true. Stay tuned. :)

Old Texan
07-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Welcome to our world here in Tejas.......It's starting to look like that bad movie Kevin Costner did "AquaWorld" around here.:devil:

HavaSkank
07-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Sweet! I love monsoon season. It's the only time I shower during the summer