PDA

View Full Version : N.J. Thieves Steal Filled Swimming Pool

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Not sure how this could happen. I like the comment underlined.
http://cbs2.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_207235712.html
It was a strange morning for the Valdivia family in Paterson, to say the least.
Take it from Paul Magna, who lives across the street from them, and is still stunned by the news.
"You want a good story? The pool across the street was stolen during the night. With water in it," Magna tells WCBS-TV.
Not even the tabloids could make this one up. Edgar Valdivia and his wife Daisy awoke Wednesday morning to find their backyard pool -- 12-feet in diameter, 3-feet tall, filled with an estimated 1,000 gallons of water -- had vanished without a trace.
Amazingly, whoever stole it apparently did it without spilling a drop of water.
"If I'm a crook, I don't go to a house to steal a pool," Mr. Valdivia says of the bizarre booty.
Mr. Valdivia tells WCBS-TV that by 5 a.m. on Wednesday, the pool had simply disappeared, with the ground around it completely dry. Both he and his wife were left scratching their heads. Water wings, perhaps?
"If I catch them or police catch them, you're going to jail," Mr. Valdivia says. "They will laugh at you in jail!"
Police say the heist was likely well thought out, and whoever pulled it off, it appears they may get away with it. Investigators continue to look into the case, but say they'll likely pass on a full-blown investigation.
"I don't understand. Like how can you lose a 300-pound pool?" says the Valdivia's daughter, Kimi.
It may be no one will ever know, except for the thieves likely splashing about somewhere wet with glee.
In the meantime, the Valdivias are now trying to protect the rest of their backyard possessions, including chaining their grill to the house.

riverracerx
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I am trying to sell the pool on eBay right now, but the shipping is a bitch!

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 03:46 PM
With or without water? :D
I am trying to sell the pool on eBay right now, but the shipping is a bitch!

boats&bars
07-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Was it a Raiders pool or something?

Kachina26
07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
"I don't understand. Like how can you lose a 300-pound pool?" says the Valdivia's daughter, Kimi. (Who has obviously never taken an elementary level math class.)
:idea:

riverracerx
07-27-2007, 03:59 PM
It was filled with diet water. It is lighter than regular water.

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I think I need some of that diet water.
It was filled with diet water. It is lighter than regular water.

GunninGopher
07-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Maybe they rented a crane and a couple forklifts to steal a $200 pool. :rolleyes:
No kidding. This sounds like a joke. Either these guys have friends that are pulling their legs, or the homeowners are pulling ours.
If I had the pool and it got stolen, I wouldn't have called the cops, I'd have called my friends, and then headed down to WalMart and picked up another for $100, because that is all they cost with a ladder.