PDA

View Full Version : FOCK!!! Phoenix PD Officer shot.

Boatcop
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
In serious condition. Flown to St. Josephs.
Scumbag still on the loose.
More later.

MR HARLEY
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
:(

yopengo
07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Fukk I hope and pray the officer is okay. :eek: :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 08:36 PM
our thoughts and prayers are with the officer and his family and friends.:(
I hope they shoot the Focker for doing this .:mad:

OverKill
07-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Damn this has been one hell of a day for Phoenix!! What the hell is going on with people these days. Can someone tell me??

HocusPocus
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Damn this has been one hell of a day for Phoenix!! What the hell is going on with people these days. Can someone tell me??
what he said.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 08:50 PM
there are always alot more things happening in the summer .. do to the heat and everyone on the street more often then not.more people hangin in the streets. :D at least here in LA..but it's like that here all year.:( :D

Boatcop
07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
No word on exact inuries just yet. Except that his heart stopped, but was re-started via CPR.
Probably wont hear anything further til the AM.
Doesn't look good. :(
:mad:

AirtimeLavey
07-27-2007, 09:05 PM
No word on exact inuries just yet. Except that his heart stopped, but was re-started via CPR.
:( Hope he pulls through.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 09:08 PM
that's not good news at all. Prayers to them..:(

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 09:20 PM
A very sad day in AZ today. Sure hope he pulls through. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Outnumbered
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
In serious condition. Flown to St. Josephs.
Scumbag still on the loose.
More later.
Hey Boat Cop one of my riding buds is Phoenix PD. If you know this guy's name can you PM it to me? I just tried to reach him and have not been able.
Thanks

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-27-2007, 09:30 PM
That sucks :( We have had a very rough day in Phoenix. I will be praying for everyone tonight......

Kilrtoy
07-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Is it Phoenix or MESA,
either way
hope he pulls thru

SmokinLowriderSS
07-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Sure hope he'll be allright.:( :(

BoatPI
07-28-2007, 04:55 AM
Sadly he died.
http://www.azcentral.com/phpAPP/multimedia/flash.php?path=rtmp://azcentral.com/news/0727ois10pm&HTTP_REFERER=http://www.azcentral.com/12news/

Trailer Park Casanova
07-28-2007, 05:59 AM
http://www.100club.org/
It sucks.
Imagine the hell the family is going through.

cave
07-28-2007, 06:01 AM
He was 23 years old and was on the force for 2 years. Sad news.

ratso
07-28-2007, 06:02 AM
It sucks.
Hope he pulls through.
Imagine the hell the family is going through.
TPC, I think they stated he didn't make it...

Trailer Park Casanova
07-28-2007, 06:06 AM
TPC, I think they stated he didn't make it...
Sorry to hear that.
Oh brother the pain the family is going through.
A mothers son is murdered in cold blood.
This is bad news.
Any description of the assailant?

Boatcop
07-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Shot Phoenix officer dead; suspect at large
Jennifer Price
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 27, 2007 12:10 AM
A young Phoenix police officer, just two years on the force, was fatally wounded Friday night while trying to take down a forgery suspect at a west-side check-cashing business. The suspect remains at large.
Officer George Cortez was pronounced dead late Friday at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, and the weary duo of Police Chief Jack Harris and Mayor Phil Gordon appeared at a press conference after 11:30 p.m. to mourn the death. Cortez was 23.
"My colleagues and i are here tonight to mourn over the loss of a hero," Gordon said. "Officers go out every day to protect us; we offer our condolences to the father and the mother and the family.
"We ask our city to pull together. This has been a very tragic day for our city, but we will move forward."
Just hours earlier, the mayor and the police chief had appeared before reporters after two Valley television news helicopters collided as they followed a Phoenix police pursuit of a vehicle thief. Four people, two working for Channel 3 (KTVK) and two for Channel 15 (KPHX), were killed.
Cortez was responding to a forgery in progress about 8:30 p.m. at a store in the 2300 block of West 83rd Avenue, near Encanto Boulevard. He went into the business and was attempting to apprehend the suspect when he was shot, Harris said.
Cortez was married with two young children.
"He was a very young officer, and had two years in our department," Harris said.
The shooting occurred in the vicinity of Cricket Wireless Pavilion, where a Rush concert was taking place. Police searched fans cars leaving the concert in the search for the shooter, whose description was unavailable Friday.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/pics/breaking/0727shot0727-autosized258.jpg

BoatPI
07-28-2007, 06:39 AM
I tell you Phoenix loses so many officers, like one a year? Besides the illegals, associated gangs and drug improtation, the PD is still running one officer cars i believe.
Something has to change.

Not So Fast
07-28-2007, 06:50 AM
This just makes me sick to my stomach, God bless the fallen officer and his family. I never stop worrying about these things. :( :( NSF

Flyinbowtie
07-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Prayers out to the family.
Nothing equates to the heroism of someone willing to walk out the door of their home everyday and put their life on the line in an effort to make their community a little safer, and a better place to live.
Twenty-three years old. Good Lord.
"Blessed are the peacemakers..."
Godspeed, George.

91nordic29
07-28-2007, 07:17 AM
After a day like this in Phoenix, it just makes me wonder what are we coming to?

Boatcop
07-28-2007, 07:30 AM
While I didn't personally know Officer Cortez, we take the loss of any Arizona Peace Officer very hard. There are only about 14,500 Officers in the State. That includes City PDs, Sheriff's Deputies, Highway Patrol, and all other Certified Officers in various capacities. (Liquor Enforcement, AGs Office, Game & Fish, Park Rangers, etc)
By comparison, LAPD and LASD alone have nearly 18,000 on the force.
We are a fairly small community of Brothers and Sisters, and I know I speak for all of them by saying God Speed Officer George Cortez, and our thoughts, prayers and condolences to his widow, children and loved ones.

CBadDad
07-28-2007, 08:42 AM
RIP
A wife and two youngs kids...what a tragedy.

AZJD
07-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Terrible day in Phoenix..........:(
He was only 23 years old.

squirt'nmyload
07-28-2007, 09:04 AM
not a good weekend here :(

RitcheyRch
07-28-2007, 09:06 AM
RIP. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Jordan_23_85205
07-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Terrible day in Phoenix..........:(
He was only 23 years old.
I concur! I've been here my whole life and it just gets worse & worse every year!
And I suspect as we grow it will only get worse:(

OverKill
07-28-2007, 09:37 AM
After a day like this in Phoenix, it just makes me wonder what are we coming to?
It seem like we are turning into F**King wild animals, every man for himself!!

HavasuSelect
07-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Godbless and God speed.

Concept1
07-28-2007, 09:54 AM
My friend Joe was his best friend since like 8th grade, they actually joined the force at the same time. What a terrible day for all of us. :(

Schiada76
07-28-2007, 11:06 AM
It seem like we are turning into F**King wild animals, every man for himself!!
It's not "we".:rolleyes:
I hope this scumbag dies a slow painful death.:mad:

Boatcop
07-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Multiple arrests made in death of police officer
Jennifer Price
Arizona Republic
Jul. 27, 2007 12:28 PM
The Phoenix Police Department has made multiple arrests in the fatal shooting of a patrol officer.
Sergeant Joel Tranter says all the suspects responsible for the shooting of Officer George Cortez, Jr. are now being interviewed.
Because the suspect interviews were still being conducted, Tranter said he couldn't release their names. He expects to do so later today.
Cortez was gunned down last night as he tried to arrest a man suspected of trying to pass a forged check at a check cashing store in west Phoenix.
The weary duo of Police Chief Jack Harris and Mayor Phil Gordon appeared at a press conference after 11:30 p.m. Friday to mourn the death.
"My colleagues and i are here tonight to mourn over the loss of a hero," Gordon said. "Officers go out every day to protect us; we offer our condolences to the father and the mother and the family.

MudPumper
07-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Multiple arrests made in death of police officer
Jennifer Price
Arizona Republic
Jul. 27, 2007 12:28 PM
The Phoenix Police Department has made multiple arrests in the fatal shooting of a patrol officer.
Sergeant Joel Tranter says all the suspects responsible for the shooting of Officer George Cortez, Jr. are now being interviewed.
Because the suspect interviews were still being conducted, Tranter said he couldn't release their names. He expects to do so later today.
Cortez was gunned down last night as he tried to arrest a man suspected of trying to pass a forged check at a check cashing store in west Phoenix.
The weary duo of Police Chief Jack Harris and Mayor Phil Gordon appeared at a press conference after 11:30 p.m. Friday to mourn the death.
Great news Alan. I'm curious to know the Circs of this case and how it went down.

Flyinbowtie
07-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Glad they have the suspects.
Alan, please forgive my ignorance, but does Az. have an active death penalty on the books? Are there enhancements for Murder of a Peace Officer?
Conspiracy to commit murder of a peace officer?
I hope they find a way to dump the bastard(s). They've already cost the people of Arizona, and the Cortez Family in particular, enough.

Boatcop
07-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes. Arizona has the death penalty. Special circumstances for the murder of a Police Officer.
The only way the guys involved will escape the needle is if they plead guilty and cop to Life without parole.

DodgeChick
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
How very sad :( Yesterday was not a good day.

cvonscpa
07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Godspeed Officer Cortez. Our prayers and condolences go out to his family. My family and I appreciate all of our servicement who put their lives on the line for the protection of our society.

Schiada76
07-28-2007, 04:51 PM
For Gods Sake!!!!!!
The filthy scumbags murdered this young officer for a fcking forgery beef!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
What's the penalty for that these days, pick up trash for a week??????????
BC can you let us know when his memorial fund is set up please?:( :(

Boatcop
07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
For Gods Sake!!!!!!
The filthy scumbags murdered this young officer for a fcking forgery beef!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
What's the penalty for that these days, pick up trash for a week??????????
BC can you let us know when his memorial fund is set up please?:( :(

Schiada76
07-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Thank you.