PDA

View Full Version : Boat Crash in Parker?

Redneck
07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Maybe Alan can answer the rumors I heard a HTM crashed today in Parker is this rumor true?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I hope not.

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Hope is only a rumor.

Redneck
07-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Hope is only a rumor.
Me too I hate to hear about these things and I figured the best way to find out was to come straight to the source and ask boatcop.

Boatcop
07-28-2007, 06:28 AM
There was an accident across from Badenoch's on Friday afternon. Reports were that a boat was making a high speed turn and rolled, ejecting the passengers. All occupants accounted for and refused medical. The boat was pulled onto shore.
Don't know if this was an HTM. San Bernardino SO handled the crash.

TRIMMIN
07-28-2007, 06:47 AM
HTM rolled in a turn cannot be true. I don't believe it.

RitcheyRch
07-28-2007, 09:04 AM
HTM sure seems to get a bad rap around here.

Jerrys59
07-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Heard it on the scanner yesterday morning. Why do people want to try these
hi speed turns anyway. Asking for trouble I think.

Throttle
07-28-2007, 09:39 AM
did anyone see it up close, its hard to tell if it was upside down or not... glad no one got hurt...

Cole
07-28-2007, 10:26 AM
HTM sure seems to get a bad rap around here.
Probably because they have a tendacy to roll over.. and the owner of HTM was killed a few years ago in one when doing a high speed run.....

vee-driven
07-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Anybody got a description of the boat?
i'll take a shot, white with two sponsons sticking up in the air.

RitcheyRch
07-28-2007, 01:08 PM
I remember that and actually knew Ken Lane the engine builder.
Probably because they have a tendacy to roll over.. and the owner of HTM was killed a few years ago in one when doing a high speed run.....

ULTRA26 # 1
07-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Happy noone was injured.
Seems to me that all cats have a tendency to roll in a high speed turn. I knew the founder of HTM, Steve Columbe. Relating yesterday's rollover to what happened when he and three others were killed at Castiac, Jan 2002, is complete BS. Steve was a guy who always pushed the limits. The fatal accident involved a twin blower motor 30' HTM. Two days prior this same boat ran in the mid 140's and was said to have run out of prop. There was talk that on the day he and the others were killed, that there were thoughts of the the boat tapping the 160 mark. It was a windy day at Castiac and noone knows for sure what caused the accident. Most suspect speed was a factor.
The HTM 24 hulls are light and fast, which was what Steve C. was all about. The SR24 is a tall 24. with a higher center of gravity than the SS. Any 24' cat with a 1000 hp blower motor, in fact all cats, should be reserved for the experianced boater, HTM's included. Boat rollovers are a result of driver error, ie too much speed. Suggesting that this Parker rollover was caused by HTM is unfair, at least.

TRIMMIN
07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I think stupidity was the factor in the 30 footers crash. Small lake, no seats, no life jackets, and a boat that was untested going 150mph with 4 guys in it. To blame HTM is unfair though, I really think it was a DCB!

ULTRA26 # 1
07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I think stupidity was the factor in the 30 footers crash. Small lake, no seats, no life jackets, and a boat that was untested going 150mph with 4 guys in it. To blame HTM is unfair though, I really think it was a DCB!
There is no relationship between the Parker and Castiac accidents, which is what I said.

Redneck
07-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Happy noone was injured.
Seems to me that all cats have a tendency to roll in a high speed turn. I knew the founder of HTM, Steve Columbe. Relating yesterday's rollover to what happened when he and three others were killed at Castiac, Jan 2002, is complete BS. Steve was a guy who always pushed the limits. The fatal accident involved a twin blower motor 30' HTM. Two days prior this same boat ran in the mid 140's and was said to have run out of prop. There was talk that on the day he and the others were killed, that there were thoughts of the the boat tapping the 160 mark. It was a windy day at Castiac and noone knows for sure what caused the accident. Most suspect speed was a factor.
The HTM 24 hulls are light and fast, which was what Steve C. was all about. The SR24 is a tall 24. with a higher center of gravity than the SS. Any 24' cat with a 1000 hp blower motor, in fact all cats, should be reserved for the experianced boater, HTM's included. Boat rollovers are a result of driver error, ie too much speed. Suggesting that this Parker rollover was caused by HTM is unfair, at least.
your exactly right on that I had just heard it was an HTM and like I said it was a rumor so I decided to go to boatcop to find out. It was second hand information but supposedly the people that witnessed the crash said it was an HTM. Could be they instantly thought of HTM when they thought of a crash. Glad noone was hurt and they will live another day to boat. Hate to hear about fellow boaters getting hurt.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-28-2007, 08:18 PM
HTM rolled in a turn cannot be true. I don't believe it.
I would drive a DCB in a fast turn before an HTM..:)

Havasu Carrera
07-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I heard he saved the lives of a family on a lake lice that turned directly in front of him cus they were really crazy great jet skiers.:D The guy in the DCB/HTM went for the brake and the ABS forced him into a slide where ......:D

JetBoatRich
07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
When we were leaving today, there was a HTM drying out in the parking lot. Carpets and seat cushions pulled. I did not see any noticeable damage?
I saw the same boat Friday afternoon, looked like he was having trouble getting on plane

Goodtime$
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I was on the water friday in parker in the wakeboat. I saw that HTM 24 run by a few times. It was a close-bow with 6 doods in it. They spun out just north of blue water, ran up there to make sure everyone was ok. They were.
They went from boating to swimming in a heart beat. Luckily no injuries- no one was wearing a lifejacket.
Didnt look or run like a big hp HTM, it had a flat hatch etc. Not sure what power. Looked like the low deck SS version. Shitty way to start a weekend.